GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. enclee Augur

Seems like the content is popular, why not just leave it as is? As time goes on the content will eventually devalue itself. You created a great zone that replaces FM as a central zone for all players to join up and grind. Don't mess with success.
    Caell, Teylana and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

I am not a scapegoat. Changes were comming regardless of this thread. All I wanted was to hopfully prevent another gribbles lock out disaster.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Zone was made to celebrate 20 years of this old game.

It was successful so let it remain being successful.
    Dsuna, Caell, Teylana and 5 others like this.
  4. Tanols Augur

The issue some have been pointing to for the past 6 months is that it rewards lvl 110 xp and gear for lvl 95 difficulty. Is it any wonder people loved it.
    Only change needed I think would be linking the xp reward to chest being opened. That will mitigate any potential exploitation of it to speed level from 110 - 115.
  5. birdsong_pawn Augur

It's only level 95 difficulty if you run it with a full group of level 95 characters. In any case, you still have to wait until level 110 to use the gear.

At 110, is it easier than TBL? Yes, of course. I honestly thought the relative ease of this mission was intended to make up for how badly they screwed up the tuning (and required flagging) for TBL.
    Dsuna, Caell, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Dude... just stop talking. LOL
    Bottle likes this.
  7. shiftie Augur

Grinding Xp in a mission is not the intent of the mission. It has milemarks for completion. It intends you complete it. If you don’t have time to run a mission there are alternatives to xp. Static zones have repop to limit the speed of xp. Killing xp mobs in a mission then dropping it and getting the task again isn’t intended. I’m not even saying I haven’t done it I’m just saying that when I did it I acknowledge it was poor game design. Putting the xp at the end as long as it matches the same xp as 30 min of game play is how you do it. Then you move on to the next quest. Because everQUEST.

If they meant it to be halfQUEST we would have gotten our epics 50% through the quest rather than at completion.
  8. Tappin Augur

There is very few places for your non elitist go and grind some exp. By placing the EXP on a competition of a quest you take away a viable option and set forth a dangerous precedent that only group of people will benefit from (the elitist).
  9. Bottle Journeyman

Gratz for your success Tappin. If you are in real life as successful you will not have many friends...
    Duder likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

This thread will only be a success if the dev don't place the exp on completition of the HA. Otherwise, it failed.

Nice try, but you don't get to set my goals.
  11. Trafthek Lorekeeper

Rarely ever post, but read through a lot of them. There's at least one new thread a day from players on TLP server about bots, crickets from the dev's. Some fool wants something nerfed and its time to drop everything and make sure they get it nerfed into oblivion in the soonest possible patch. Ignore what is an obvious problem and jump to take away something that people clearly are enjoying, because "you had no idea it was a problem" (paraphrase)
    Caell likes this.
  12. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]
    Funky and Moege like this.
  13. Tappin Augur

My goal was never to get anything nerfed, nor am I responsible for any nerfs to GMM. Like it or not, changes were coming to GMM’s HAs. My only goal was an attempt to start a conversation about alternatives to CoTF nerfs.

Absor made a post in another thread about this topic that basically said that GMM was TBL difficulty. It’s not my problem that an 11 page thread was ignored.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please remember with level 115 coming, players will need a 105/110 hot zone, this would be an ideal zone for that, therefore please don't be too harse with changes.

After level 105 HAs from Teek return a pitiful amount of exp especially those from TBM & TDS. GMM has been a godsend for newer chars leveling up with the huge mountain of AAs they have to gain now to even be useful.
    Caell likes this.
  15. Spellfire Augur

I'm aware of this.

However. I would like to see GMM unchanged because, frankly, I'm tired of a continuous stream of nerfs, being it class 'adjustments', old content 'adjustments', ancient bugs 'fixing', nerfs right before new expansion comes etc.

Perhaps someone could look into Sathir's Tomb. A popular place, AFK groups being parked there for days, with scripts running. Maybe that place needs some attention, instead of GMM.
    Xeladom, Caell, Schadenfreude and 2 others like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Huh? :confused:
    Allayna likes this.
  17. shiftie Augur

There are many options to grind xp like this. From hot>voa myself and a few guildies used an instance to flip it killing an entire zone in 5-8 minutes rinse and repeat gaining 5 levels in several hours. I recognize the devs don’t “intend” for people to do this but I play with what is offered. Because if this I recognize that flipping instances for xp is not how they want things done : see ha nerfs.

Casuals will have the entirety of EoK /ros/tbl to gain xp claiming they need to flip an instance or their causal world will be crushed is disingenuous.
  18. smash Augur

I think there is a simple solution to it, as soon people has killed 1 mob, then people get lockout..

They can get the exp for 1 HA, but cannot run it repeatedly after each other.

Or just change it to how old HA are like COTF ha are, people first get full xp when they COMPLETE it.
  19. Allayna Augur

And that breaks with the pattern of allowing mission flipping for hunter/collections.
    Dsuna likes this.
  20. Bahdah Augur

So now it will simply take longer to get those names/collections /duck