GM Doex

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hoon New Member

I got a message from a GM.

"Hello are you available? This is GM Woebot, please respond in /say or /tell if you are at your keyboard."

GM was visible and in my face, so you gotta be AFK if you dont see a GM talking to you.
    Duder likes this.
  2. mark Augur

so if your boxing and at keyboard every time you pull its a bit different say but if your running script your characters act the same way my understanding on these server his that db dosent have a problem with boxing or botting but you must be at the keyboard,i have my warrior and monk screen set up with a separate window for say,every time someone his in my camp i normaly say hi to them or send them a tell never had an issue with a gm because if i need to be afk for 5 minutes or longer i camp my characters to login screen.
  3. Darkstab New Member

I just got a 7 day suspension on my Aradune account, only explination given is "Toxic Behavior". I have scrolled back through all my logs and see nothing from a GM ever contacting me in game. Is this the new trend for EQ ?? I still am waiting for a response as to the reasoning behind the suspension on my account.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

Depends on the toxic behavior I'd imagine. I don't think a GM is going to contact you directly in game if someone is submitting video or screenshots of you saying toxic stuff. From what I've seen GMs only contact people directly in game for AFK checks. Generally people find out they're suspended/banned by trying to log into their account. I'm guessing you have an idea of what kind of toxic behavior you engaged in.
    Duder likes this.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

You hunted Specter in South Ro, but you may have missed a few and killed a novice player?
  6. Laronk Augur

Really someone had to petition you, probably multiple people.
  7. Nordgaren Elder

He got mad that I called him out on his strawman, so now he's back to the main point which we already proved he was wrong about. *shrug*
  8. Duder Augur

Yeah, totally believable that you sit and watch your bard melody down lvl 1 skeletons all day farming bone chips.
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  9. Barthorn Elder

This is actually hilarious. My friends an I were talking about this weeks ago. A GM should NEVER confront a player in the a public say channel. It happened to my friend at the HBC camp and It happened to me on my bard while farming bone chips. I got lucky to see the message in say while still getting spammed by the skeleton say messages. I sent a tell to the GM and had a few choice words with them and told them to NEVER confront anyone in say channel, they did not respond or acknowledge me. I'm not sure who they hired but these GM's seem to have very little knowledge of Everquest. Let's light this thread up give this man some justice. I'll also add that the GM was not in my direct line of vision, i had to turn to see him. He did not pop up in my face.

The people who are reporting non AFK players are just jealous that they are not abusing a broken spawn cycle in Paineel. They don't like the fact that some dude is getting tons of bone chips with no effort at all. Its understandable.What they should be doing is reporting that the spawn cycle in Paineel is "too strong and should be investigated."

Sorry boys but it needs to be changed. There's probably 50 reports against players a day about it. It's so out of hand right now.
  10. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

And? Is he your brother? You weren't there and you can bet your krono that if his suspension got reduced it was because THE GM MESSED UP.

Quit being some blind buffalo following sound.

You have NO evidence either... so stop with your garbage.

/say is a TERRIBLE way for a gm to communicate....PERIOD
  11. Relentless Insomnia

I witnessed the birth of Doex on Aradune.

We were in lower guk /Sup camp on launch. This little gnome or something appeared by the name of Doex...and the dude was warping all over us and then poofing left and right. We legit thought this was another player using third party programs that was about to mess with us.

Then the person said they were a GM, and announced themselves. We saw no green name, nothing special, just a naked level 1 named Doex who looked like he was having trouble controlling his character.

We told him to pound sand, called him a hacker and went about our day. No one believe this guy who could hardly walk straight was a GM.

Five minutes later...Woebot appears in front of us, summons Doex to him, and tags him with a green name. Everyone in the group couldn't believe that this buffoon who couldn't even control his character was being made a GM.

Thats when I knew the GM support on these servers was going to be intern level quality. It is absolutely no surprise that he doesn't know the traditionally accepted methods to converse with players to get their attention when its something as serious as considering handing down punishment for something.

My guess is they don't actually want a response from you because they want to be able to say you didn't respond so they can just suspend you.
    Adobebodii likes this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

GMs have been using say for 20 years

I was AFK checked like this on Selo multiple times. Turns out if your at your keyboard it's really easy to see a GM standing in front of your face.

GMs are very very deliberate in how they interact with you in a situation like this and it's very EASY to see the GM at the start of their name https://i.imgur.com/bkNNtZq.png
    Duder likes this.
  13. Craized Lorekeeper

Say goes to a window with a bunch of other spam type stuff like experiance messages, and system messages and such, because if it doesn’t, when you’re killing, the chat window gets filled up with npc say messages.

A GM using say rather than a tell, and banning people based on that is a bit naughty for this reason.
    Adobebodii and hellofriend like this.
  14. Fenixe17 New Member

I am the wizard in the screenshot WaitingforMoreEQ which might make you the guy who accused me of warping on top of Mistmoore castle when I obviously didn't. That GM warped me around the zone for a couple minutes before revealing himself and having me show him what everyone in EQ knows to lev on the castle. GM's are not always visible to you if they are trying to see what you are doing. They choose whether to reveal themselves or not. And using say to conduct official GM business is ridiculous especially in a situation where the person is obviously being spammed in say and has less than 5 seconds to be able to see a message. And just because you don't see a character standing near you does not mean your afk. You could have ui windows open like the advloot window which can be rather large especially in a farming situation like that. EQ runs for on laptops too which is not an unusual situation to have view distance set to minimum. Most eq players do not have say in their main chat window for exactly the reason in this situation, NPC's spam it and clog up your chat window.

If you want to talk to a player you use tells or don't be surprised when nobody responds but to then ban somebody for that you have to be off your rocker man...
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I posted the screenshot to show people how a GM name looks like since you got people saying things like this

and how a GM will speak to you in game. GMs are very deliberate when they speak to you. Notice how your toons are face to face that isn't an accident. Anyone that says they didn't notice a GM when they got AFK checked is a liar.
  16. Fenixe17 New Member

And I explained why not everyone might be able to see a character who is even right in front of them have you ever heard of a ui or view distances. Hold shift and hit - all the way you don't see whats not right in front of you. So again that is bull. Laptop screens with a advloot window open have like 2 square inches of viewable space because of the lower resolution. Hell you could be browsing the store because that window takes up the whole screen lol. And back to the original point a gm should never use say when they plan on banning somebody because people do not filter say into their chat windows because of NPC spam like exactly what happened here. It is setting up for a gotcha just because players don't care about missing messages in say.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They've been using say for 20 years i was /say afk checked multiple times on Selo. What they shouldn't do is listen to a bunch of whinny forumquesters that want them to make it easier to "not AFK" farm.
    Aegir and Duder like this.
  18. Barthorn Elder

To ban someone without sending them a tell is the trollest thing I've ever heard. I was contacted by a GM while farming chips about 8 times. 2 were in say, 6 were tells sent. There's no consistency or policy. GL on the RNG of them sending tells to you or you'll be banned. LOL
    Fenthen and hellofriend like this.
  19. Fenixe17 New Member

GM's should not be playing gotcha games and you should be given a chance to respond when being spammed by NPC's if you think this is unreasonable you have lost your mind.
    Adobebodii and Fenthen like this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

I had a GM in my zone, and the only way I knew he was there is because his un-manned mount was standing by my group. No GM, not on /who, not targetable at all -- just his mount. I could target his mount to get his name, and I sent him a tell first, which he immediately responded to.

He was there responding to a petition of a bugged quest item.

So yes, GMs are most certainly perm-invis and do not show up on /who. The default button "Who all GM" hasn't worked in over 10 years once they realized they could permanently invis to players.

--

A couple of months ago, I was reported for AFK boxing, which ... yeah okay, I know who it was who reported me, and anyway.

I received a tell to my 115 Paladin from a level 1 guktan wizard, something like "Hello do you have a moment to answer a question?" - I immediately responded, he logged off.

No "Hello this is GM _____" introduction whatsoever. Those of you claiming GMs show up with shiny green names, or introduce themselves, are full of it.
    Adobebodii likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.