GM Communication in Game needs to be CLEARLY identifiable to players.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by pm me elvish women, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Same with me. As a non cheater, I've never had an in person visit from a GM. All of my interactions come in the form of emails and forums warnings.
  2. xmPradah Not a dude

I couldn't setup a script to save my life, so I think it's fair to say I'm not a cheater. I box, but in a group, with friends, for exp and loot... not AFKing unless I'm answering the door for food.

That being said, I miss tells ALL THE TIME - and I don't even pay attention to what is going on in /say. Half the time I'm scrolling to see what's going on in group or guild channel.

/shrug - this request doesn't scream "Make it easier for me to get away with cheating" to me... maybe that's his intent, but I don't really care. I personally liked when GMs would actually show up when they were talking to you - kinda hard to MISS them when they are standing in front of you.
  3. code-zero Augur

I've reread what I wrote and then I have reread your reply and I can only conclude that you didn't read what I wrote.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

I assume a GM trying to get your attention, and resorting to using say, wouldn't wait until you were in the middle of a pull to do so ;) I'd go as far as to wager they wouldn't be invisible either, at that point, but I too havn't been visited by a GM in-game in.. ages.

Now, forum reminders not to be mean to people OTOH ... :p
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Only times that I've ever seen them use say is when they are speaking to a whole group of people at once, such as resolving a dispute, or when they have actively been talking to you while doing an item recovery or the like back when they did that stuff and even then you generally had to have used it first.

You might want to use the default Tell windows then, as well as setting up an audio trigger for Tells, with the new system of flashing windows it makes it hard to miss them. Though I hate windows like that popping up.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Funk Augur

They beat the expansion in era so I'd call that comment invalid.
  7. xmPradah Not a dude

Nah, I really don't care. I pay attention to tells when I'm actively chatting but otherwise... eh. I'm usually just talking to people in group/raid/guild anyway. When I miss tells, it's usually someone asking for something (rez, buffs, picklock, etc).