Glyph of Cataclysm WTF

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leex, May 23, 2016.

1. Leex Pewpewer

Anyone know of a way to fix the issue of Cataclysm only using 1 of the 2 bought AAs resulting in the use of Destruction rather then Cataclysm?

I've tried using the act # with no avail, tried remaking the hotkey after purchasing the final rank and that wasn't working out either..

Any idea's?
  2. Riou EQResource

I believe there is a way to command buy AA, you'd probably want to have that fire after you use glyph, otherwise I don't think there is a way since they are the same line and use the same alt act now.
  3. segap Augur

It's a pain in the butt. I'm also seemingly having both fire off if I quickly double click my hotkey, making my purchase key not work. Other times the purchase key fails and there is no visible clue that I'm using the wrong one.

There was no good reason to make this change from a user perspective. Perhaps they saved a few bytes of server memory or something.
  4. Nniki Augur

This is the command to buy Glyph of the Cataclysm:
    Code:
    /alt buy 7019
    Although, hotkeys in this game have the tendency of not always firing all the command lines properly, and Glyph of Destruction seems to purchase and activate using the same #.
  5. Sokon Augur

It works just fine imo. First you buy destruction then you buy cataclysm, thehotkey name changes depending if you have cataclysm bought or now. You get 10 minute timer when using cataclysm. never had the problem of it spending both.
  6. segap Augur

The hotkey name is not distinguishable if you shrink your buttons enough to be able to see the screen through 8 hotbars. Besides, I don't read my buttons, I simply look at the location they're at to see status.
  7. Hostility Elder

My social hotkey for cataclysm is like this:

/pause 6, /alt activate 7019
    /alt buy 7019

Made a hotkey for this a few days ago, and it has worked good so far. I give it a split second to finish buying before going ham.
    Leex likes this.
  8. Critts Augur

I had an issue where every time I used cataclysm it burned destruction as well costing me 7 AA every time I used it. The problem started happening after the glyph consolidation patch. I actually ended up dropping the hotkey I was using (that was made pre Nurf) off of my hot bar and making a new hotkey from the Special AA tab. After I did that I have not had a problem with it again. Try it if you haven't maybe it will help.
  9. Vdidar Augur

get rid of the pause.
    i credit my hotkey to a rogue from RoI
    /alt activate 7019
    /timer 6000
    /alt buy 7019
    i think it was badah
    Bahdah and Leex like this.
  10. Hostility Elder

Will give it a try. Kept having problem with it not rebuying. Looks promising :)
  11. EnchFWO Augur

While most of the consolidation efforts have been logical and helpful... this one missed the mark IMO.

No one uses Destruction (on purpose). It should probably just be removed altogether and then we wouldn't even have multiple posts about this issue.
    Eanelder likes this.
  12. Eanelder Augur

The Glyphs should not have been combined. Its horrible User Experience.

Please Devs, fix your mistake.
    Perplexed and Leex like this.
  13. Eanelder Augur

btw, I would put the hotkey line to BUY the AA in before the line to USE it as well as after. This should help make sure your using Rank 2 and not Rank 1 when you click the button.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

I get what they were intending, wanted to clear up some clutter. I just wish they'd do more testing before they implement changes on live, after so many years running a game with so many different situations they've had and they still don't get that.

I'll try making a hotkey just for cata, which having to do that is anyway, it's not like we don't click enough buttons ;).

I appreciate all the quick responses guys! Pfft, and people wanna say our community isn't helpful!
  15. Leex Pewpewer

After looking at a few parses from last night it does seem like Cata was firing but showing me 1/2 AA"s used, I'm guessing instead of combining the two, they just make you get the 2nd rank to fire Cata.

I should have looked at the parses before posting, but good information for those having issues.

Ammeren FTW? :p
  16. Hostility Elder

But
    This button Vdidar shared works great how it is. Tried it today. Not gonna fix what isn't broken
    Leex likes this.
  17. Bahdah Augur

ez peazy )
    Vdidar likes this.
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

IDK maybe its me key didnt work for me. oh well
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

Buy one rank of glyph of destruction. then do:

/alt buy glyph#
    /alt activate glyph#

This works 100% of the time, everytime. Throw a pause 6-9 in there on each line if you have a high ping, and don't button mash.

The combined glyph ranks work fine.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

Just never use* it when it shows 1/2, always rebuy at Destruction and click to use at Cata.

That's what I do and have had no issues, mind you I have no issues using it at Cata and immediately during dps opening aa window and rebuying it to wait on the timer. I don't trust the hotkey method
    gotwar likes this.