Glyph of Arcane Secrets rk3? Please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Verily Tjark, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1878#

I haven't seen any movement on this issue. I see the open issue tracker and haven't seen a post in months. Just checking to see if I missed something...

Given that my spells just got the nerf bat (ench) which directly affected my mana bar, a rank of arcane secrets that worked for 106-110 spells would be great. Thanks....
  2. Aurmoon Augur

I second this. Was sad to see it stopped at 105.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Maybe they come in the next expansion? What are we, 4 months out?
  4. Dzarn Developer

Sneak peek at part of next month's AA update notes:
    Metanis, Tarvas, Nennius and 17 others like this.
  5. Sancus Augur

I'm curious about this.

I haven't run super long parses, but I've not found SPA 169 to have any effect on pet crit chance. I've run ~30 minute parses with Enchanter Haste and gear with Cleave and seen no significant change (within 1% of 50%). I can't find any raid parse where my pet crits more than 51% of the time either.

Is there a different SPA that does affect pet crit chance, or is there a change coming with this regard? Or am I just off base (which is entirely possible)?
  6. Axxius Augur

Are we still limited to only 1 glyph at a time, or can we finally use multiple glyphs at the same time?
  7. kizant Augur

The cost change is what scares me. It already takes about 6 minutes of lessons to make back the 30 AAs I spend every week on glyphs. Any longer than that is going to be pretty annoying. :(
    gotwar likes this.
  8. segap Augur

A little increase does not bother me for the majority of the year. What worries is is the expense right after expansions launch when people are competing between glyph cost and core AA. For people like me that play a lot, it likely won't be that big of a deal (unless they really jack up the cost), but for people that mostly log in to raid and take a few months to get AA, it could hurt and thus hurt the lower tier guilds that already struggle with dps.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're kidding right? More than 6 minutes of your time is annoying? You're playing the wrong game.
  10. kizant Augur

I try to play as little outside raids as possible. Wish they'd increase raid xp.
  11. seber Augur

be nice see some update to them .
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

13. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Glad to see glyph updates. Awesome. :)
  14. fortuneteller Augur

You considered making RAID glyphs ?

Basically, you can only use these during RAIDS, and you can only earn the xp for them during RAIDS.

The glyph will be something like 25% better than the best glyph you would normally have. But you would only be able to earn enough for 1 per week.

You can only earn glyph from raids that your present level
  15. Bigstomp Augur

They're already mostly percent based. So it scales to everything.
    Raiders (and I am one) don't need more fancy tools unavailable to others.
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Would still like to see the ability to bank them.
  17. Brohg Augur

That exists. You can bank up 42 Glyphs at a time.
  18. Warpeace Augur

So I can buy and store 42 Glyph of Destruction AA at a time and have then at the ready? I'm not talking about buying from the loyalty merchant.

So many wasted AA on fireworks.
  19. Angahran Augur

How about a sneak peek at the rest of the notes ? :p
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Aurmoon Augur

I like the idea and applaud the implementation, but going to reserve full judgment until I see the costs. I would support DPS Glyphs costing somewhere between 5 - 10 AA, but anything more than that is too expensive imo. Clearly you need to balance so that Glyphs can’t be used consecutively, but I’d like to be able to use the DPS glyph more than a few times a play session without having to completely replenish my AA bank.