Glorious Cultural vs Regal Cultural

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Madforwdw, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Have been looking at what is needed for making this expansions cultural armour and found a worrying aspect. I see type 15 augs have been removed from the BPs with RoF.and it was said somewhere that other stats would make up for this shortcoming. According to Alla's info, the Regal Stalwart BP has 257 AC and 1210 HP. The new transcendent aug has 28 AC and 1149 HP making a total of 2359 hp. Base stats of the Glorious are 1010 hp for the BP and 955 for the aug, making a total of 1965. Now then, adding the 375 hp of the type 15 emblem brings it up to 2340 and the AC totals would be 285 for the Regal BP and transcendent aug and 282 for the Glorious with numinous aug and emblem. Is it worth actually upgrading to the new BP to gain 19 HP and 3 AC? Please could you think about upping the stats or re-introduce an emblem of some sort. I think I shall save money and stick with the Glorious otherwise. (Hears the impending troll-like footsteps with their mutterings of "it was over-powered anwyay!" )
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i find it weird that the culture doesnt have a type 15 slot maybe a oversight as without it not really upgrading if you ask me and i almost always use culture. Hopefully it gets added and nope im not a troll probably behind me lol.

Andarriel
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

This is done so you no longer have armor sets, and will mix-and-match the best gear available. A bracer here, legs there, etc.
  4. Luft Elder

Basically what it boils down to.

Yes the BPs on armor sets are going to look worse because no emblem.
    However the entire armor set, as a whole, would be stronger also on each piece. Making up for the lack of an emblem. By them removing emblems it seems like they're hurting you, but they're not really. If itemization continues down this path you will not be penalized in the slightest for upgrading armor out of set early (think pre SoF).
  5. Crystilla Augur

Also, I didn't see you give the lucy/Zam link but is there a chance that the stats showing on Zam/lucy are from someone who isn't max lvl/lvl 100? That would distort the actual stats if they screenshoted it for a Zam submission.
  6. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

An upgrade however, should still be an upgrade. Given the costs of the ingredients right now with the expansion being so new, you would be a fool spending a fortune to gain 19 hp and 3 ac. Mix and match might be the way things are going but still an upgrade to anything should be an upgrade. I did notice the wording on the charms, which no longer say their power depends on the number of cultural items worn but the number of class-specific items worn which made me think that cultural is not the way they wish to go.

Hopefully as said above, other parts of the cultural, or other non-set pieces will help with the issue...but still boils down to...why bother upgrading to regal?

I haven't linked the pages but I can do if it is wanted, but they are correct for max level. I went over to freeport to check and the stats are unmodified.

I shall be comparing other parts of the regal set a bit later. If the upgrades are as small as with the BP, I won't be spending plat on going down that route which is a shame as cultural has been a big part of EQ.
  7. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Have checked the other regal items plus their respective augs and they do have a nice upgrade, so many thanks Devs for that. I would just like to know if the minimal increase on the BP is intended or that the difference without the emblem wasn't noticed and hopefully be fixed.

Mad (a much happier bunny!)
  8. Dr Dice Elder

Anyone know off hand the focus % for cult this year for raid? Is it the 35-100 or tier 2 40-100?
  9. roth Augur

Don't forget - as you upgrade the rest of the set, the emblem's stats on the glorious BP go down. I am not sure which emblem you are using, but if you are using a full set of Glorious, and are getting 375 HP from it, that 375 HP represents 70% of that emblem's maximum power. If that glorious BP is the only glorious you have on, then you are looking at only getting 7% of that emblem's power - or 37 HP.

So, as you upgrade the other slots, you are going to be losing power in the emblem, and when you are done, you will see a bigger upgrade in the BP than you see now.

Remember, Emblems work off of the number of pieces that match the tier of the BP they are in. For raid pieces, they are 10% per piece that matches the BP (including the BP itself) for the first seven pieces, and the eigth brings it up to 100%. Group level gear is only 7 tenths of that - and cultural (even with a raid seal!) counts as group.
    heket likes this.
  10. heket New Member

This is 100% correct. I am in full raid cultural myself.
  11. Kleopatrah New Member

As a ranger I am concerned with the "upgraded" cultural bow.
    A Glorious Infused bow with a Numinous Reaching aug (I use "of the brood") is to me almost more favorable than a Regal Infused bow with a Transcendent aug (also of the same line).
    I compared the stats with my guild last night and I would hardly call it an upgrade. Please consider the following side by side comparison of some of the more important stats; On the left I will list the RoF bow and aug, on the right the VoA bow and aug.

AC 87 78
    HP 2194 1885
    M 2049 1870
    hSTR 4 8
    hDEX 4 8
    hSTA 4 8
    hAGI 4 8
    Attack 25 26
    Dmg 107+2 104+2
    Delay 24 25

If you replace your VoA bow with the RoF equivalent you will gain:

9 AC
    309 HP
    179 M
    3 Dmg
    1 Delay (a tenth of a second faster)

You will lose:

4 to heroic STA STR AGI and DEX
    1 Attack

This doesn't take into account the other stats like WIS and INT for the hybrids among us, but to me losing 4 hSTR and 1 attack works out to even worse attack loss. Losing 4 hDEX and it's impact on ranged damage certainly can't be worth gaining 3 extra damage out of the bow. Losing 4 hAGI to replace it with 9 AC seems more like a wash than anything if it even works out that beneficial just in AC (tanks please feel free to comment on the trade-off there). And finally the 309 HP gain (and the mana too for that matter) is misleading when you factor in the hSTA loss (and corresponding changes to the hWIS or hINT).

Now one of my more knowledgeable guildies mentioned that this is a "slight" upgrade to the cultural as intended. But I am of a different mind, and plan on continuing to use my "inferior" glorious bow and aug. I can certainly live without the 300 extra HP in that slot. All I see when upgrading this bow is the notion that i'm somehow going backwards in the relative power level of my toon.
  12. Jefferz Elder

Can anyone confirm what the focus % range is for the raid cultural? Just trying to determine if I will go this route or not. Thanks!
  13. Jefferz Elder

Bump.

Can anyone confirm the focus % for raid cultural?
  14. Explicit Augur

That screams upgrade in every fashion of the sense, not sure how you consider that a loss. Since you're -not- a tank, losing 4 HAGI to gain 9 AC is worth it ...same for any HSTA losses -- since you're gaining 300 hp. I can tell you for a fact 4 STA does not equal 300 hp, even as a warrior.
    4hDex is probably not even in the remote ballpark of the power gained from 3 raw damage (ESPECIALLY as a ranger), so you're gaining another upgrade in that department. It's 1 delay faster, so there's another gain.

In no way could I ever imagine a measly 4 heroics on a couple stats even coming close to losing 1 delay and gaining 3 damage. You're winning every way by upgrading and only handicapping yourself by sticking with the VOA bow
  15. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

There is quite a hp difference in the Regal Knight 2h and transcendent aug compared to the glorious Knight 2h and same aug type.

Glorious:
    Sword 135 dmg, 50 AC and 1570 hp
    Aug 102 dmg, 51 AC and 1565 hp

making a total of 237 dmg, 101 ac and 3135 hp

Regal:
    Sword dmg 147, 82 AC and 1361 hp
    Aug 109 dmg, 53 AC and 850 HP

making a total of 256 dmg, 135 AC and a much lower 2211 hp

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I shall be making the weapon when I can and intend to use it, overall it is a nice little upgrade from the Glorious but why such a massive drop in hp? I did say myself in game at the time I thought over 3100 hp was a little overkill for a ts weapon, but I also think what the regal is is now a little too low. Almost 1000 drop is not pigeon's feed.

The stats are taken from Alla and I have checked the Regal ones are correct by checking in game w/ unmodified stats of course.
  16. Tegila Augur

looks to me liek your'e lookign at the wrong regal. the stats you posted are for a 1h weapon not a 2h weapon
  17. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

18. Daegun Augur

I'm really confused by the itemization in RoF ... when looking at knight blades as noted above, the new weapons have lower stats in general by a large margin. The dmg upgrade is reasonable, but the rest makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
  19. Noteefs Journeyman

Regal Cultural was lackluster at best. I do like the 40-100 foci. No there are no emblem slots on any armor RoF onward as per the dev panels at SOE Live this year. I did ask for the raid aug to beable to be placed in the cultural charm but I see that did not get approved. Would have been great to see a 2800 h/m/e cultural charm with a raid aug.

I am not sure but I think I may be the first to get a full suit of the new cultural with raid augments.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2520115
  20. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Made myself a full set with the group augs and I agree, it's altogether a little unimpressive. Overall yes an upgrade but not much.

Would still like to see the stats on the auged 2h upped a little but that is probably one Christmas wish I won't get answered!