Glad I came back to EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakkonus, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Drakkonus New Member

So, there I sat in Kurn's Tower in FoS on EMarr/Nameless. Pulling Iksars and Chokadai's to the corner and waylaying them. Over the few hours I was grinding a few people zoned in and then out. But, no one ever tried to steal my camp. Daanger from Knights of Fury came in and was probably the most polite person ever and we cooperated through his HS/Lessons session. Never once did he take all the mobs and left plenty for me to grind on. He even offered to invite me to group up, but I was going to take a quick food break at the time. He gave me a Ranger DS and attack buffs as well as my pet.

Nbur and company from Eye of Eternity came in later on and even he invited me to group up or asked how many mobs to leave so I could grind. This was towards the ends of my daily play time and I surrendered the camp to log out.

How lucky can I be? Two extremely polite folks in one night. I have played several MMOs. WoW, DAoC (I left EQ for this one back in the day), Guild Wars, Warhammer, City of Heroes/Viilains, Champions. I can attest that on any of those games on any given day or time this scenario of politeness would have never happened.

I just wanted to share with everyone about my experience and to let everyone also know that this community is hands down the BEST of all MMOs. I am glad I came back, and with an after thought I really should never have left. Kudos to the GMs of knights and Eye, you have some really fantastic troops on your roster.
  2. Axxius Augur

Just wait till your adventures take you to Feerrott (HoT version)... ;)
    Leerah, Mellifleur and Sinestra like this.
  3. Drakkonus New Member

Oh Boy...should I edit in a disclaimer to my original post???
  4. sojuu Augur

Welcome back to the game and good luck hunting :)
  5. gnomeboss Augur

gameless4lyfe!
  6. Crystilla Augur

First off welcome back.
    Second, very glad you wrote that. Both guilds have a number of great folks in them from my own experiences.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Running across a few decent people can make a difference, then again I saw a recently returned ranger complain about how things are worse as he got trained while doing anniversary tasks.

To each their own.
  8. FcsevenXIII Augur

I think the average age of someone who plays this game is still in the mid 30s. I'm willing to bet the oldest average age of any MMO. For comparisons sake try a black ops 2 game with both mic and text on /shudder.
    Mellifleur and moogs like this.
  9. Drakkonus New Member

I agree FcsevenXIII, I avoid those games like the plague. If they ever create a cattle prod effect for a button is those games I might be joining. It would be nice to introduce some of those people to electro-shock therapy, might do them so good.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

I'd agree. I left EQ many years ago (right after OOW's release) for [That game which shall not be mentioned]; and nearly 7 years later I found myself wishing I'd never left and wondering if I could come back and not be totally 100% lost.

Well I came back and yup, totally lost. However a few months later I feel like I never even left (ok fine I'm still down some 2500AA's from where I'd like to be, and I'm still working on gear) and much like when I first started playing I find myself logging in for "a bit" and logging out at 3am wondering what just happened to half the day.

Now if we could just get one little thing ported back from EQ2 into EQ I don't think anything else would ever pry me away again.
  11. Aradune Lorekeeper

Welcome back :)
  12. KC13 Augur

I'm a recent returnee to the game, but what you describe is exactly what I experienced way back in 2001 when I first started. Nektulos Forest. Was totally lost most of the time. Only maps I had were printed and in a binder. I had just managed to get some gear when I died and simply could not find my corpse. I ran everywhere looking. Finally, I got a tell from a high level member of The Dark Exile on 7th Hammer, (later I was told this was an infamous guild, but not in my experience). I was told my corpse had rotted with all my hard earned gear. The TDE member told me to follow her into Neriak and at the bank I was given some rather nice newbie gear and some plat for my future spells. To this day, I still remember that experience with a warm feeling. The guild rep may not have been good, but this member made my early EQ experience very positive. I wish I could relive that experience, but things like that only happen once.
  13. Sarah the gamer Elder

Welcome back!

Results do vary per player though. I am on Luclin, and Moogs is one of those great players willing to help you out. But today in HoT, I was camping tier 1 group gear for about two hours, and some 100 bard came in started killing everything in my camp including the named mob I was engaged with.... I sent him a /tell telling him I had the camp for a few hours, he told me, "I don't care." It's going to happen, it's just a matter of logging off and trying again tomorrow. He was obviously in desperate need of T1 group gear! : )
  14. Mellifleur Augur

Any current game, MMO or Console, that caters to PvP and/or has cartoonish graphics you are going to find a severe loss in human character within those games.
    Many times people have asked me if I play Battlefield or Call of Duty...

No.

I "try" to avoid the dregs of human existence by staying away from games like that.

Everquest I have been a member of since November 21, 1999 and while in it's early years it was like that, now, for the most part , the game is filled with mature, well intention individuals who are just looking to relax and escape into a Fantasy world where the Bills don't exist and the stress of life does not apply.

The higher you get in levels you will find a few more impolite and rude individuals whom are, self admitted, younger in age and carry around a bad mentality and poor social skills when dealing with players in an online community. Some have accused me of this however, they are just ill informed or guilty of that behavior themselves, in which I am just the guy who doesn't stand around for their BS.

But I digress.

Welcome Back to Everquest and here's to hoping you find the mystery and awe you once had in the past in Norrath and form some friendships and bonds with people that will last over a lifetime, as their are truly some wonderful people whom play the game.
  15. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Welcome back home. :)