Gkerzha. Anyone ever seen this mob or NPC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Critts Augur

I went to PoJ the other day to collect some bugs for my favorite candies when I came across one of the prisoners that had a pretty sad story. Wurgoz the frogloc explanded to me how he had been duped by a crafty Troll named Gkerzha. The text tree may intend to lead the player to think the score could be settled between these two despite Wurgoz sounding completely defeated.
    Saying things like, “Gkerzha's spirit still wanders Norrath. I can feel it at times, taunting me when the barrier separating this plane from Norrath is weakest -- when a new criminal is brought here to be tried.”
    I don’t know seemed like there may have been more to it then just a sad story. Prehaps a sweet, “ancient trollic dagger.” that mind controls frogs. Anyway I can’t seem to find anything more on this dude aside from the dialogue with Wurgoz. Anyone recall this mob or any other lore?
  2. Grove Augur

Critts likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Way back when there were thoughts it might lead to a further quest but no one has found one if it does. It seems to be just background lore or the history of the Frog / Troll relations.
    Quote from 2006 : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-curse-of-guk.60154/
    Referencing Gkerzha: "There are two stories in PoJ which mention raising mentioning undead frogs, one apears to be soon after the Trolls were kicked out of Guk where the Undead Frogs are going to be used in a attempt to overthrough the reigning king and the other is about betrayal when a Froglok gets tricked by a troll shaman during a war between the two races (seems to be a much older story)."
    Critts likes this.
  4. Critts Augur

I think the event with the undead frogs may have been a GM event back in the day. When I first started playing the Frogs home city was Grobb. After an in game event in the Ferrot. The Frogs where forced to move to the mountains. I rember the Trolls and Frogs would send waves of NPCs at each other. And finally there was a Troll leader that wreaked face along with the traitors from the Froglocs. This was when Frogs could become SK, Rouge, Necro for the first time as well as being able to worship different gods besides Marr. I don’t seem to recall undead frogs there but it did take place after the frogloc invasion. I was a noob at the time back in 2004 or 5.
  5. Thrillho Augur

I heard Gkerzha's mount is a snail
  6. Critts Augur

Super fast?
  7. Thrillho Augur

Ludicrous speed!
  8. Thraine Augur

moves so fast it looks like its standing still ..

If we dont get a 'snail trail' quest im gonna be bummed ~
  9. Prathun Developer

There's no NPC in the game with the name Gkerzha. I'm 99% sure it's just a sad story. There were many dialogues attached to the prisoners in Plane of Justice that were meant as flavor and not as a hint of other content.
    roguerunner, Numiko, Critts and 2 others like this.
  10. svann Augur

As we are heading back to planes this could be a good time to tidy up this loose end.
    Critts and Pirlo like this.
  11. Risiko Augur

The trolls controlled Grobb originally. They were chased out by the Frogloks when they were added as playable races in the game. At that time, the trolls moved to Neriak. Years later, the trolls took back their home town of Grobb, and sent the Frogloks looking for a new home. They ended up settling in Rathe Mountains.

In reality, the frogloks should have taken over Upper Guk, and reclaimed their heritage rather than temporarily running the trolls out of Grobb. The idiots actually thought they could keep the trolls out of Grobb forever. That's like a bucket of chicken wings running humans out of their home city. It's not going to end well for the chickens in the end, and the humans are going to have one hell of a BBQ in the end.
  12. Critts Augur

Thank you!
  13. Critts Augur

So why don’t the hill giants eat frogs? Also I think that the Trolls used the same weapon as the one mentioned in this dialog to ultimately defeat an invading force of Humans as well. Seems odd because of how dumb Trolls are made out to be. Who would you say is smarter a Troll or an Ogre?
  14. Critts Augur

You know way back when the obligatory Suggestions for next exspansion was up last year I suggested Trolls v Frogs. Lol prehaps they will work This in instead.
  15. Numiko Augur

Back in the day I actually maxed my faction out with both sides of the prisoners there to get every story I could get, the post of what they all said is still in the old lore section of the archives here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/plane-of-justice-lore.59779/

Sadly I found out later from someone who brought it up at a Fan Fair in Vegas that all the lore in PoJ was actually written be a summer help intern just to add some flavor to the zone and nothing in it can be considered canon. To bad too as some of the stories looked very interesting and looked like the start of some intriguing quests.
    Yinla and Critts like this.
  16. Littlelegs Elder

wtb 30 interns that play this game to make some raids, missions and tasks to help the team fill out the next expansion.

for the record, i am not in favor of buying people. interns are not people.
    Yinla, Critts and Sancus like this.
  17. lolly Elder

[QUOTE
    I heard Gkerzha's mount is a snail
    Super fast?
    ][/QUOTE]

- I took the shell off my racing snail - hoped it would make him go faster - if anything it made him more sluggish . . . .
    Critts, Grove, Prathun and 1 other person like this.