Give Yelinak any mod, just make it different somehow

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Zinkeh Augur

And you're the guy that goes to the same restaurant, sits in the same booth, and orders the same dry hamburger with no toppings?

All I'm saying is folks have played classic eq over and over again and the huge popularity for mischief, and lesser, thornblade was due to them featuring something exciting and new.

I reiterate: Yelinak in it's current form is a straight up snoozefest. Put in more content or features. Do not just launch it with crappy slow exp. The grind is bad enough.
    Vivace likes this.
  2. Rcbauer Augur

Then don't play on Yelinak?

it's silly how some get so worked up over a 23 year old game that we've all 'beaten' over and over and over.

After the mischief failed experiment, a return to somewhat normalcy is desired.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  3. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

No I go and order what's on the menu. I keep it simple for everyone. If I want the #3, I politely ask for the #3. If I don't want what's on the menu, I go to a different restaurant or I stay in.
  4. Manafasto Augur

Mischief did not and has not failed, you seem to be trolling.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So whats the problem just stay on Mischief/Thornblade?
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

I don't want to play past LdoN and want a fresh start?
  7. Zinkeh Augur

Except in this scenario the restaurant isn't open, or even built yet. You get to give input on the decor, menu, features...etc..yet you are content to have it built like the diner you used to go to 20 years ago.
  8. Zinkeh Augur

No one is getting worked up =) Folks just want something new, but in every game, be it EQ, Wow or whatever there are the "it's always been this way and I like it!" crowd that craps on anyone stepping outside of the idea echo chamber.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well they will be doing 2 new servers that you can get a fresh start on later this month! Sounds like you are in luck! However if you want the rule sets of last years server you will need to stay on them and continue there until such time that they decide to recycle the rule set again.
    Haak and Skuz like this.
  10. nallchan Frooak! You Ruined Your Lands,You wont ruin mine!

Team,
    I have to agree... Make it Relaxed Truebox (3 max) and maybe 1.5x or 2.0x amount of loot.
    or even FREE Trade .. not Random Loot..
    I'd even take Classic with "ALL Classes at start"
    So many options here guys... just alittle different w/ Classic and current release schedule.

We really want it / excited for it...
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Hmmmmmmm.......:rolleyes:
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Triconix Augur

You want something new yet you re-roll every TLP and never play past LDoN.

Here's something new: Play past LDoN. Problem solved.
    Haak, Timmyboi and Skuz like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So, you have bored yourself to tears & want the game to cure your problem for you by offering you the Nostalgia trip but with added bells & whistles.

You have any idea how oxymoronic that is?

I mean I plan to play on a new TLP too, but at least I played through all the expansions on my last visit.

It's pretty simple really.

Recyclers are always going to recycle anyway, no matter what servers are rolled out so their opinions are pretty low value in the grand scheme.

Darkpaw is better served by looking at rulesets that appeal to a broader base than the "I will never go beyond LDoN crowd" because those recyclers only give 2 cents about less than 25% of the whole game.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  14. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

The correct answer was 8 weeks of classic! We were all wrong.
  15. Vivace New Member

I never said 12 "TLP" servers...I was talking about live servers while also including any additional TLP servers that did NOT have free trade. So that is much more than 12. What you classify as standard and not standard is irrelevant. What is relevant is all those servers did not have free trade so there has been and is still plenty of opportunity for those that wish to NOT have it. If you don't want free trade please feel free to join one of those other TLPs or live servers that do not have it.

There has been exactly 3 opportunities to actually have free trade and one is being merged away. So the comment of wait your turn should actually be applied to everyone else NOT wanting a free trade. Many do wish to have it. We have waited our turn for multiple years. Many are asking for one more free trade server isn't too much to ask. IT IS OUR TURN, not yours!

We are asking daybreak to be logical and fix yelinak. Keeping in mind its short comings with the progression speed to the loot system. It needs free trade and an increase of loot drop rate in order to allow the majority of the players to obtain adequate gear to raid the current and future incoming content with the time restraints. E.g. Mischief ruleset and increase loot ratio, free trade only with increased loot ratio, something, anything beyond what is provided as it won't work to the betterment of the players with the current ruleset.

As I said before there was a literal world crises (COVID 2020 - 2022 and continuing depending on where you live) that prevented us and many others from being able to play on Mischief and Thornblade.

It wasn't laziness, it wasn't that we didn't like the rulesets, krono farming, or some other excuse that those of you keep coming up with reasons we shouldn't have it. It's an actual fact that people were forced out of work, they lost jobs, companies closed never to reopen, people died like really died... so when you make up these messed up reasons and compare them to reality it doesn't hold water.

Many are finally able to take their minds off this stuff and want to play the game with the ruleset they have been asking for, for years. I hope you were blessed enough to not have to endure the troubles of the Covid world crises and could stay at home while you could play your video game.

The point is it isn't too much to ask and it isn't your right to down play our requests. It isn't anyone's right not authorized. You are not entitled to as it isn't your place. You are not a daybreak representative with the authority to make a judgement call. We are allowed to make the request and provide our reasons without persecution from anyone.

So please stop on this unrelated verbal assault on this forum thread and all the others. Want your opinion known based on this topic? Happen to discuss other rulesets to make yelinak different somehow then the way it currently is for the betterment of the players.

Want your opinion known about some unrelated topic like you and those like you are doing. Make your own thread with your supporting topic.

Those with authority have a harder time to read our requests with all this thread unrelated spam giving your opinion repeatedly against the thread topic and many times totally unrelated topics. This is why they get closed. I am going to start reporting these unrelated thread comments. You and those like you are making the daybreak employees jobs harder and everyone else's negative in the actions and comments you are using which might I add are actually against forum rules!

Please again take my suggestion and start your own thread with your supporting topic and support that thread with your opinions. Then everyone's opinions are heard and we are all following the forums rules without any negativity. Thank you.
  16. Haak Augur

In every instance I've seen, games benefited from Covid mandates, not suffered. We were all trapped indoors with nothing better to do. If you're suggesting you had a harder time playing on Mischief or Thornblade because of Covid, then it's definitely a 'you' problem.

I know it sucks, but you need to accept the decisions that have been made or move on. There's no surprise Mischief clone coming. Yelinak and Vaniki have their FAQs posted, and neither are going to have free trade. It's over friend - time to pack it up and return in 2023 to see if they'll be more receptive towards it for that cycle.

The same thing happened with Agnarr, so you're not alone here. Prior to that server there was a vocal proponent for an expansion-locked server. They finally released it, and then came the 'I missed out!' posts very similar to yours. Sometimes you just have to accept that the timing wasn't right and enjoy what you can, when you can.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Triconix Augur

How did COVID prevent people from playing video games in their house?
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I apologise, clearly I am handicapped by a terrible affliction, a need to make some sense, something which you do not appear to be suffering from.

TLP Forum, TLP discussion.
    Comparison between alike objects is common practise but you chose to throw that out the window because not matter now nonsensical it might be you will use any justification whatsoever.

Firiona Vie - A special Ruleset Live server, only 1 is required, there are not enough players who want the ruleset on Live to have more than 1.
    Yet there are a lot of Live servers because you could not fit all of the other players onto 1 server, historically speaking, and you still could not fit all of them onto one server, though you probably could fit them onto fewer Live servers.

The Free Trade TLP Servers are 1 year old, if you want that ruleset they are still there, they are special ruleset servers.

There have been NO repeats of special ruleset servers so far yet you want one right away?
    No it most definitely is not your turn yet, get in the queue & wait behind Agnarr 2.0, Selo 2.0, Miragul 2.0

If the devs decide there is enough demand for a Mischief 2.0 it will be they who choose when they release it, that may be next year or the year after but it is not going to be this year.

Better get used to that.

Yelinak does not require any fixes as yet, it is not even released yet so should be in 100% working order.

Plenty of players have requested that the early era be speeded up, citing lack of raid content as one solid factual reason why Classic does not warrant a 12 week run and why Kunark & Velious can easily be shortened with little to no disruption & it may help reduce attrition from boredom.
    Also the standard loot system has worked just fione on multiple TLP.

Not everyone enjoys Loot-Pinata EQ, you clearly do so either play on Mischief or wait your turn.
    No, it's still not your turn.

Covid prevented "Key Workers" such as medical professionals, delivery drivers, supermarket staff and teachers from playing during the Pandemic, a small slice of the gaming population, the vast majority of people stuck at home DID play videogames due to lockdowns etc. and that's a big part of the reason why Mischief & Thornblade had the overblown launches they did.

You missed the boat, unlucky for you.

So now you stoop to trying your hand at emotional blackmail alongside your logic absenteeism?

I lost my job 6 months prior to the Pandemic, and I have an autistic/ADHD kid to look after, I then ended up out of work for just over 2 years thanks to the pandemic, my physical & mental health took a nose-dive just like a whole lot of other folks did and if other forum users were as candid you would hear many of them were also impacted, however none of us are stooping to this kind of emotional crybabying to get their favourite server.

We ALL suffered, many of us lost people close to us, many of us lost guildmates too, and many of us are still suffering so I am not sure why you seem to be convinced that Mischief ruleset fans are seemingly more hard done by due to the pandemic, Covid didn't give 2 flying ****s what ruleset any of us were fans of.
    Maybe you are just whining on your own behalf, if you lost someone, my condolences, if you were ill I hope you have recovered, if you were a medical professional, thank you for yourservice, if you were just some gamer who missed the boat & felt the need to drag a whole lot of misery into this thread because you felt it supported your argument....well, you need to reconsider what value you place on living well.

Newsflash!

Everyone the forum, has a right to share their opinion so long as they stay within the forum guidelines, you are in no position to judge who can have an opinion or not.
    If I want to shoot down your request I can, and so long as do so without breaking the rules I will be allowed to do so, so you better bone up on what a forum is about.

You are asking for a special ruleset server, after there just being an identical special ruleset server, so I think you ARE asking too much, if you don't like my opinion or that I disagree with you, well that's Forum Quest, enjoy it, it's healthy to share ideas, to agree, to disagree, to arrive at similar or completely different conclusions, so long as you do so in a productive manner.

People who missed Agnarr's start have asked for another era-locked server too, why should they have to wait behind you?
    Be glad that at least there aren't a ton of folks asking for Miragul 2.0 or you should have to wait behind them too.

/sigh /yawn /rollseyes

Sure, as soon as you stop verbally assaulting everyone else with your illogical selfish ranting.

Players asked for a "Vanilla" TLP, that is exactly what Yelinak is, stop trying to defecate all over their favourite server.

Oh I do.

And these giant rants of yours help this situation how?

Rather than saying your piece and leaving it there you feel compelled to fight everyone on every angle. And then you are surprised when they fight back, you aren't really learning here are you?

Without any negativity would mean that only positive posts are allowed, hate to break it to you but that's not how this works, it not how any of this works.

Oprah is not going to show up on the forum & say "you get your TLP, you get your TLP you get your TLP, EVERYBODY get's their TLP" there are 2 per year max, the two last year were exactly what you asked for, it's someone else's turn this year not yours.
    So please, stamp your feet some more why don't you.

Everyone wants different things, you are fighting your corner, other peopel are exactly as entitled to argue for theirs and against yours.

You are arguing against a vanilla TLP that players have asked for, and got, so who is being negative here?