Give Yelinak any mod, just make it different somehow

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 24, 2022.

1. I Love Lamp Elder

I think people on these forums wouldn’t have such a hard on for free trade if killing a raid mob didn’t mean splitting 3 pieces of loot between 60 people. Maybe if loot was a little easier to get so that it is proportionate to these shortened unlocks (seeing as the game originally had these expansions last months and required half or even a third of the raid force to kill a target). Its baffling how such obvious differences between the current game and its “classic” state are ignored, but people will champion a “no changes” attitude to get a 5th iteration of the same up ruleset

Tons of classic aspects of the game have been gutted like the Z-axis taunting, keying made less toxic, epic bottlenecks, charm shenanigans, etc. It takes 100 naked toons zerging PoSky to down it the first week, so clearly there should only be 4 weeks of classic right? I am sure these unlock times have something to do with servers seeing huge drops in player retention corresponding to those time periods, but maybe that should be a hint to make the game more playable in other respects to compensate.
    Vivace likes this.
  2. Jefro New Member

Eh well I won’t return to try this round maybe next time. Sounds boring slow xp fast unlocks nothing special.
    Zinkeh, Vivace and asdfbot like this.
  3. Vivace New Member

1. I have heard about plat dupe on multiple servers this isn't just M/TB and it should have been actually fixed by now seeing as how many actual TLP servers there has been. I question if it isn't actually being done by the developers themselves to earn extra krono sales?....smells fishy to me. Just saying...
    2. FV population vs how many servers and only 1 normal one can turtle up? :cool:
    3. Transferring to FV to dump for plat/krono flip sounds like an issue easily solved. Don't allow it. I recall when I played WoW a years and years ago you couldn't transfer to a pvp server but you could transfer from one to a normal server. o_O kiss solutions are always best.
    4. Yelinak has my vote for Mischief clone and sounds like many others. Don't act like the voice of the community isn't heard. iirc Aradune was originally going to be expansion locked and they changed it when the community expressed their dissatisfaction. They are doing it again!
    5. Think about this beyond EQ we are just getting beyond covid and people are able to live their lives once more and enjoy some recreationally time and have less concerns if bills will get paid on forced time off, lay offs, downsizing, or company folding. Many didn't get a chance to experience Mischief rule set and don't want to enter GoD like what is available with level locking they might be like me and want the experience missed raiding current content in era.
    Thank you to anyone of authority to make decisions on these new TLPs reads my post or passes it along to someone of authority. Many others and myself included appreciate your time and consideration listening to your companies community, our desires, and suggestions. Have a great day.
  4. Triconix Augur

You're joking right? If DPG decided only a single server should be normal trade, the entire populations of all servers would have to get merged into one server. Do you know how many people that is?

If you want FT, a person only has one option so of course the population will be high on the only server offering the ruleset. If a person doesn't want free trade, they can choose literally a dozen servers. I wonder why the population would be dispersed. Hmmm this is difficult to comprehend.

What a dumb comment, New Member (as of today).
  5. Vivace New Member

Triconix I think you might be misunderstanding something and please don't insult others. It is unconstructive and doesn't help the thread or anyone else including yourself. Whether or not I am a new member has no relevance. This is a new account as I like some normal people do forgot my login information as I was hyped about security and privacy and securely locked myself out haha. We all learn life lessons as we grow.

With regards to my comment that was a reply to yours and now your new reply I never stated that Everquest should decide only a single server should be normal trade.

I said

To your comment
    Was a statement that there is so many normal servers and if they were so great why is it that only 1 can beat the FV population?

To your comment
    This doesn't even make sense. If they made multiple servers with FT ruleset over the years like they just did with TLPs you would have what has been deemed "Recyclers" and they likely would have a larger following. However they didn't and many want to start from classic and work to live. This is why Mischief is so popular. It is sad they cannot just merge some older normal ruleset servers and keep a couple of these FT rule set servers. I bet there would be more that stuck around in the live area.

Either way this is digressing from the thread topic.

I personally think if they are unwilling to do random and free trade it would at least be wiser to increase the drop rate to that of or more than that of mischief due to the increase in expansion unlocks on both the new servers imho. I'd rather not post this comment on multiple threads. However the point is following the thread topic. I don't think the loot drop rates were considered.

Point needed to be taken from this
    People will always face smash the best content available regardless of their gear or level until they make headway and this will hurt the quality of life and player retention of the servers as they will not feel adequate enough. Likely there will be a lot of toxic players that will prey on this. Acting all "Chad or Alpha male" thinking that behavior will motivate and all it will actually do is cause depression and people will quit.

Everyone's feelings matter. They come to games like this to feed a need. To be the hero or to build one that they can feel proud of. If they cannot do that due to the programming and limited leadership with discipline to hold people back in content they should be facing it will fail. Extra effort isn't common and people look for short cuts. The result is that the odds are already highly stacked against the current players and a little coding could change that on both servers. The simplest solution would be a mischief copy. If they want to test new things then some loot drop rate changes will need to be made to every expansion on fast track mode.
  6. I Love Lamp Elder

I also missed the chance to play on Mischief and wish I could get another chance to experience the ruleset. I hope we get this ruleset again in the future but its unreasonable to ask for it again right now. It is clearly a popular server, but if they just start rolling out the same ruleset again it will lose the special draw it has (look at the decline of each iteration of Phinigel/Mangler/Coirnav/Rizlona etc). There are other ways to make the TLPs fresh and we should be trying to help the Devs come up with ways to do that so they can cycle through different server rules and keep things fresh. Hopefully we get another Mischief in 2 or 3 years, but its not going to happen this year.
    Haak, Yinla and Zrender like this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

First, FV isnt only free trade; it also has bonus xp.
    Second, you lack basic math understanding. If you want Free Trade, you have 1 option for Live. If you want normal trade, you have like 13? servers to choose from.

So, lets add up the Free Trade vs Normal trade players.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  8. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yelinak is going to be a massive success
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  9. Vivace New Member

Frank, Thank you for your reply. I however think you are also misunderstanding some how. I don't see how basic math had any comment here. I am very confused by your reply. I hope you are able to figure this out because what you are saying makes no sense and I never said "nonsense words" ?
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Is this the definition of a word salad?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You think math does not figure into the difference between FV & the other live servers you are wholly incorrect because it absolutely does.

Only 1 single live server with FV rules means there is nowhere else for the fans of that ruleset to go

12 standard live servers means there are a whole lot more places for the population of the standard ruleset to be, you can't pick just one server to compare with, that's a logical failure to do a "Ruleset vs Ruleset" comparison in the way that you have by ignoring the population of 11 other servers.

There are 12 servers with the standard live ruleset not 1 so you have to add up the total population of those 12 servers and then compare that to FV's population.

So yes, math is involved, and the faulty logic you employed should not be.

Yelinak has only been given a small speed increase & only for a few expansions that are arguably far too long versus the amount of raiding content that they contain, not enough increase of unlock speed to justify more loot for the entire duration of the server.

And fact is no matter how vocal a few non-raider TLP players are they are a tiny minority on TLP servers, most TLP players are dedicated raiders.

Vaniki may actually already be getting increased loot, we just don't know yet because too little information has been given this far, a FAQ should answer that question shortly.

Only if their guild is being run by idiots, every competent raidleader will be looking to plot a course through the game that adequately gears up their raid force on content that they can initially do with whatever starter gear or group gear they managed to get before they started raiding and then steadily building up, balancing the raid difficulty they tackle against the quality of the gear they have - and primarily they will be looking at their tanks to begin with to judge what they can tackle.

Every single server since EQ launched in 1999 has had toxic a-holes on it, players are used to them and mostly manage to avoid them, even easier to do when AoC feature on TLP servers, if a couple of jack-offs ruin your experience so much that you quit in despair you weren't cut out for MMO gaming anyway, you have to focus on the positive interactions which almost always massively outweigh the few negative ones.

What will fail? The player, the guild, the server or the game?

Player - already covered that above.

Guild - guilds fail on not providing opportunities, they should be recruiting all the time & never stop because if you are not attracting new recruits on a TLP your guild is shrinking and heading towards failing, but TLP guilds should look to at least be cordial with one another because the TLP reality is most guilds will either become alliances or mergers in the future, burning bridges is a stupid thing to do on any TLP for that reason and people quitting rather than joining a guild that they made an enemy of is kinda sad & pathetic when you think about the big picture.

Server - will fail if it does not attract enough players at launch to have enough to maintain a raiding presence on the server all the way to live, in Vaniki's case I hope most guilds are being realistic that they probably will not make it all the way to live and are prepared for mergers or alliances at some point in the future no matter how bold or populous they start out - but even on Yelinak they should bear this in mind, alliances, guild collapses & mergers will happen there too, eventually.

Game - come on, after 22 years of people saying EQ is dead its still here.

Another "Mischief ruleset is the answer to all your server problems" appeal, it is not.

Celebrating Mischief while ignoring how Thornblade is doing is being selectively blind to how the ruleset is actually doing, it is not a runaway success, it was a novel "Special Ruleset" which had not been tried before, and THAT is why it was so popular at launch, that has not translated to longevity significantly better than any other TLP.

Thornblade is a 100% Mischief copy, how well is that doing right now and it is only in GoD?

Attrition happens to all Truebox servers irrespective of ruleset, no-Truebox is a better preservation of players than any other facet of the TLP servers and there is pretty solid evidence to support that when you compare Ragefire & Rizlona player activity to all other TLP so far - the Truebox servers decline significantly faster than the boxing servers even if the Truebox servers start with far larger populations.

Vaniki/Yelinak trying the "relaxed Truebox" or as I refer to it "Hybrid Truebox" because it eventually gets turned off completely will already provide these two servers with a better retention rate of players in the "Post-PoP" expansions, while protecting the early expansions from being over-boxed.
    Haak likes this.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Intercept Augur

People who want Free-trade played on tradition tlps before Mischief while people who do not want to play free-trade will not play it and for many like myself it is a non-starter, zero interest in having my in game time dictated by how much krono/plat per hour/day I can make vs how much fun I can have with others.

If you want to play that way, more power to you, go do it on Mischief
  14. Manafasto Augur

Some folks also do not have time for the DKP / Loot Council tears and drama. Mischief was a good idea. I do want to see better rules than what they posted. I know there was a mention they have not signed off on the rules completely as of yet and I wish they would finally state what the rules are going to be. I know from what I have seen on just the forums these two new TLPs seem to be the most lackluster ruleset.
    Installing Updates and Vivace like this.
  15. Vivace New Member

This is literally getting tiring to explain but lets do it one more time...it is literally not just about the ruleset it is also about the opportunity to play from classic to live. There has been "12" opportunity's for the ruleset and to play from classic to live. This verse 1 FT opportunity and now 3 thanks to Mischief and Thornblade but will become 2 as they have stated they will merge them. So if what I stated was not true and people wanted the OG ruleset more than why is it that Mischief was so popular and people are asking for more? You have had 22 years of OG with only 1 FT with well over 12 servers if you count every single TLP server as well that is a lot of opportunity for OG. If people wanted more OG why was Mangler, Aradune, or any other TLP not more popular than Mischief? This was the first opportunity since FV for people to vote with their participation and now their voice.

I can count and my logic is sound. It was not me who brought up this comparing it was Frank. I just made a logical reply to it that it was obvious the love for FT was strong if it was the 2nd strongest in population after 22 years. That mischief ruleset proves people want more FT not more OG.

12 weeks on a normal OG ruleset to 4 weeks is NOT by any means a SMALL speed increase that is 2/3rd of the time removed and speed increase with ZERO increase in loot! Take a look at the past OG copies like Aradune/Mangler. Even from Mischief and thornblade everyone said that was way to fast at 8 weeks. That it was only acceptable for raiding due to the new Free trade ruleset and increase drop rate. This allowed for people to deal with the time removed and a month removed on M/TB is A LOT of raid time removed this is double that!

What exactly gives you the right to label who comments on the forums as non-raiders? I certainly never said I wasn't a raider. I am certain many who are asking for these changes like free trade and increase loot ratios are raiders with some pretty big braincells that can do simple math, has common sense, and sees the logic in trying to point it out to those that are obviously oblivious to this.

If they don't both get a huge increase in loot rates for the expansions with speed increase they are going to easily effect the moral of these dedicated raiders and player retention will be lost extremely fast.

I am glad you were fortunate enough to have a great guild that wasn't ran by greedy krono/rank 1 first title on current content loving idiots. The thing is those that can complete the best content the fastest is considered the best guild on ranks. So if they can zerg in limited group gear or cheat and get more done I expect that will be the case.

I am not saying that there isn't some decent leaders out there, but you also gotta work with what you have. I am saying the leadership and players that could be decent members will likely not come to a server with a poorly designed ruleset and loot ratio.

The bold and underlined is assumptions, offensive opinions, and if you must avoid areas of the game like OW content play due to bullying and harassments is that really good for EQ's business or server health? If you cannot have competition without trolling, name calling, harassment in CL auctions, ooc, direct msgs, and forums is it really healthy competition? Even in sports after a game the opposing teams congratulate each other on a well played game and the attempt. The remark about how well someone did with a throw, kick, save, goal etc. Yes, they also do some light hearted teasing about wow that fumble or that shot was way off or what was that goalie doing? However this is acceptable since 1999 on EQ? why?

If these guild and as such the servers leaders are so great why not make a stand against this unproductive negative behavior? Everyone on the server including the members of that guild are responsible for every negative members actions. Don't do business with them, don't communicate with them, record and report. Don't blow off the little things as tiny snowballs grow with time and will effect the servers overall health. Group up and take away their OW kills in the DPS race if they are the leading zerg guild. No loot = no guild members for those guilds and as such they cannot grow. Thing is no one does this so it continues and is deemed acceptable. We are all adults and many are parents. We don't need EQ staff to stand in and fix poor behavior. Treat them like the children they are behaving like.

It is not a 100% copy as you cannot 100% copy players and community actions and reactions. If no one stands up to the bullies and it is always toxic in every chat channel, public trading location, and popular exp grinding locations a crossed every level bracket because they are power leveling alts and don't care because they can break the games rules cheating and get away with it. Do you truly feel it is a Mischief copy? I also believe you were very likely never a player on Thornblade by your grammar usage of the server. I can tell you as a player from both Thornblade and Mischief that it was like night and day the amount of negativity on thornblade upon launch and until kunark release when I paid transferred out. I kept communication with my old friends. It didn't end. Why didn't it move to Mischief when players left? The mischief zerg money guild was too strong and well established.

You cannot compare them as you cannot accurately calculate how much of the players were actual players and how many were boxes.

I have no issues with the truebox coding though I will stand by the fact that I stated before "you cannot accurately calculate how much of the players are players and who are boxes to prove this theory.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You mean playing from classic to live on your preferred ruleset.

The lesson to learn here is to keep up to date on what is going on in EQ even if you are not currently playing.

I have no idea where you got 12 Standard TLP servers from.

5 "standard" TLP with AoC
    5 "special ruleset" TLP with AoC of which 2 were Random Loot

So 40% of "Special Ruleset" TLP are Random Loot

I do not class Combine & The Sleeper as Standard TLP - their progression system required a whole bunch of kills & quests being completed, nothing like the TLP since 2015
    I do not class Fippy Darkpaw, Vulak Aerr, Ragefire & Lockjaw as standard TLP - their progression system required beating all the raids and voting, nothing like the TLP since 2015

2006JUN28 Combine - Progression Server - Merge Druzzil Ro 2009JAN21
    2006JUN28 The Sleeper - Progression Server - Merge Combine 2007MAR21
    2 "Progression" servers (before AoC/Truebox era)

2009 JUN30 Mayong - 51/50 start Live Server - Merge Tunare 2010SEP09
    2011FEB15 Fippy Darkpaw - VLP - Merge Vox 2020MAY20
    2011EFEB16 Vulak Aerr - VLP - Merge Fippy Darkpaw 2017OCT18
    2012MAR16 Vox - Live Server Launched with EQ going F2P
    2012MAR16 Trakanon - Live Server Launched with EQ going F2P - Merge Vox 2020MAY20
    2015JUN03 Ragefire - VLP
    2015JUN03 LockJaw - VLP - Merge Ragefire 2020MAY20
    4 VLP (before AoC/Truebox era)
    2018MAR16 Coirnav - TLP AoC Truebox
    2019MAR16 Mangler - TLP AoC Truebox
    2019MAR16 Selo - TLP AoC Truebox Luclin-Start Fast-Progression - Merge Povar 2021JUL21
    2019NOV05 Miragul - TLP AoC Truebox Heroic HoT-Start - Merge Vox 2022JUN
    2020MAY27 Aradune - TLP AoC Limited Truebox
    2020MAY27 Rizlona - TLP AoC
    2021MAY26 Mischief - TLP AoC Truebox Random Loot
    2021MAY26 Thornblade - TLP AoC Truebox Random Loot

5 TLP "standard ruleset" with AoC - 3 with Truebox 1 with limited Truebox 1 without
    5 TLP "special ruleset" with AoC & Truebox - 2 of which were Mischief / Thornblade

2022MAY25 Vaniki - TLP+LLP AoC Hybrid Truebox - GoD-Start Fast Progression Challenge Server
    2022MAY25 Yelinak - TLP AoC Hybrid Truebox
  17. Zinkeh Augur

I've been on Phinny, Agnarr, Coirnav, Aradune, Mangler...and Thornblade so far when it comes to TLP's. Yelinak, in it's current state, looks like it's going to be an absolute snoozefest.

Do Free trade, Do Focus effects, Do an exp bonus, Release the various race/class combos from later in the game...Do SOMETHING. As this stands, Yelinak looks like Coirnav did....and Coirnav was an abomination. Stop listening to the people that want the TLP servers to be as brutal as P99 when it comes to quality of life and listen to the folks that want something entertaining and fun.

Those of us still playing have played from classic to LdoN like a million times now. We've played the original classic experience to death. Bring the new fun. Mischief/Thornblade were SO damn fun. My group of friends only left Thornblade because it was a server that never should have existed....it should have just been Mischief. There just wasn't enough population after a short while to play effectively.
    wade_watts likes this.
  18. UltrawideGameGuy New Member

Honestly, any uninspired, creatively void rulesets are a letdown now that we've seen what TLPs can be. Adapt or die out. But we know which EQ has done so far, so I guess it is what it is.
    Zinkeh likes this.
  19. mark Augur

Free trade random loot boxing allowed abd will probably need a clone server.
  20. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I wonder if the people in these TLP forums are the same PITA people that go out to eat and make restaurant staff’s lives miserable by requesting super specific special orders.