Give Yelinak any mod, just make it different somehow

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 24, 2022.

1. I Love Lamp Elder

Trolol you must be super fun at parties my guy. You know other people can have fun in different ways than you right?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I was responding to a your post which to me suggested you where counting open world wins in getting enough loot for an expansion. If that was not your intention I would have expected you to respond to that part of my post instead of going on tangents. The question remains is open world raiding part of your calculation for getting enough loot.
  3. I Love Lamp Elder

I don't consider 2-5 items in 8 weeks "a ton of loot" when your character has 20 slots to fill
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

There is a very large portion of the player base that "enjoys" phinny clones. These are also the type of people that spend hundreds/thousands between launch and quitting in velious/luclin/pop Phinny clones print money.
    Whether you or I like it (I don't find them fun), phinny clones print money. They released 2 'fun' servers last cycle, they are releasing a very unique server alongside of Yelinak. Stop trying to make every server fun/unique, it just detracts from the other servers' uniqueness. It's been at least 2 cycles since the last phinny clone, even longer if you don't count Aradune with its very stupid, unique ruleset.

That's a really dumb take. People were always against them launching a new server with the same ruleset that cannibalizes the previous year server.

Contrary to all the people that feel the need to start their own identical thread on the same subjects, just because I dont plan to play on Yelinak, does not mean it is a bad server for them to launch. I play a lot of Everquest and would like the company to make money to continue supporting Everquest. The money option is a phinny clone ever other year (imo). It strikes a nice balance between not destroying previous TLPs and getting paid.

Actually, I would really rather the whole place close down and I would be free from this curse, but thats a different discussion entirely.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  5. I Love Lamp Elder

I agree that a large portion of the player base is playing the early expansions and quitting and the DB store definitely profits from the experience potions. But the guild recruitment for Yelinak is abysmal compared to the previous iterations of the classic server. If your assertion is players love the phinny clones, then I would say evidence points towards the players not being particularly enthusiastic this time around. Public forums have response bias, so it isn't fair or accurate to judge people liking the format based on the anecdotal replies of a vocal minority while ignoring the fact guild recruitment for this server is the worst of any TLP ever.

It has been 3 weeks since the server announcement, its a month to launch, and I think there are 3 or 4 guilds recruiting for Yelinak.

Not to mention liking the classic TLP format is not mutually exclusive from liking QoL changes.
  6. Intercept Elder

I thought stating that I never do it would answer that, but that is correct you do not need to raid open world content in order to get raid gear in EverQuest.

I get everything I need and have never raided current open world content ever, nor would I ever as the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
  7. Intercept Elder

If raiding more and doing open world content is fun, then by all means, but it isn't a contest when you're the only one there.
  8. Intercept Elder

Nice, I enjoy playing with certain other people, if they get loot, or I get loot it's nice, but the fun is the banter and killing stuff. To each their own

Not what I said, but if I only got 5 then whatever those would be 5 important pieces for me to only get those with my dkp.
    Zrender likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Disable all worn EB.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I don't think anyone is saying that, just questioning if it is coming in fast enough due to the quick timelines on a progression server.
  11. Intercept Elder

That could be a concern for sure with faster unlocks, but luckily everyone will have those same constraints
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The idea that adding a few extra items to any one drop table is something quick & simple are probably correct only if it was just 1 npc you wanted to do that with, when you start talking all the loot tables in all the expansions........you really need to understand it is not.

Much like adding "loot multipliers" retroactively is a large amount of work for just 1 expansion, let alone all of them, that was why Selo was given halved raid unlocks.

I guess you could use the Random loot system but not use Free trade.

I think retroactively adding group currencies & raid currencies along with the TLP multipliers for them is the better long-term solutions myself, some others disagree but then it depends on the amount of currency & the cadence/unlock speed of the server.
  13. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

What is your deal with Free-Trade Skuz? because more than just "krono farmers" as you would say benefit from it. It allows for a better economy overall in game and it allows for longevity of servers. Do not be surprised if Yelinak and Vaniki are the least populated servers since Phini.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Free Trade is a "special ruleset"

Firiona Vie is the only Live server with that ruleset, it is not a standard.

I am fine with Free Trade as a special ruleset, having one live Server with it is completely 100% okay by me.

Having a single TLP with it is 100% completely okay by me.

Having more than 1?

No, not fine with that.

I don't give a flying monkey's red backside for your pontifications & proseltyzing on the ruleset, it should not ever be the standard but I am happy for it to have a place.

If you do not like it, well tough.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  15. Gnomie Denser than most

You realize, when you're already asking for new free trade servers to play on less than a year since the last free trade servers, that the "longevity of server" argument becomes irrelevant.

I won't answer for Skuz, but I personally have no issue with Free Trade. In fact, I love free trade. I left a TLP I had been on for almost 5 years just to play on Mischief. But having said that, I still don't think free trade should be the norm.

The standard for EQ is that you need to raid and progress to obtain more powerful items. Free trade takes away a lot of the enjoyment from doing that. Although I really enjoy Mischief, and it's fun to gear alts and stuff, I was way more proud of my character on Coirnav when I got gear, than I am on Mischief. Some people out there enjoy being proud of their characters. They want to show off their Darkblade of the warlord, or their gnome illusion mask, or any other special items that are uncommon. That gives them satisfaction and enjoyment that they are likely missing on Mischief; where everything can be bought with a credit card.
    Zrender and Skuz like this.
  16. Triconix Augur

Based on what evidence? The only *TLP* servers you have to go on are M/TB and a plat dupe decimated their economies.

M/TB are the first ever FT TLPs, which were requested for years, generated lots of pre-launch hype, and has proven the amount of people interested in it can be supported on a single server by the time GoD hits seeing how TB is on life support (and has been since luclin).

There is only a single FT live server. Yes, it has the highest population compared to any other server, but BB competes for that title. Stack up FV population against rest of Live (one ruleset vs one ruleset) and FV gets put to shame. Also let's not bring up the fact that FV economy is a dumpster fire. It's not uncommon for people on live to transfer full raid gear chars to be sold off for easy plat/krono flipping.

So in conclusion, based on evidence on hand, FT leads to terrible economies and can be supported by a single server. There is no need to have another right now.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

No thanks. Stay on Mischief you goblins
    Ginix likes this.
  18. Sytrical New Member

I too would like free trade added to Yelinak as others do as well. That being said Pierre, attacking people for having any opinion against this idea, is not going to make people want to see DPG add it to the server. You're quite literally hurting the idea more than you are helping it with your constant insults and personally attacks. Please do all of us who want free trade on Yelinak a favor, and stop posting. All you're doing is proving all the folks stating that free trade creates toxicity, right.
    Yinla and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

2 servers, Free Loot rules, but one of them is very low population... surely, adding a 3rd same ruleset and splitting their populace wouldn't just make then both die earlier.

2/3 capacity + 1/3 capacity will never equal 3 servers worth of players.

Dream on.