Give Group gear TWO purity aug slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 12, 2013.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know the only ones who should be able to get to purity 100 plus are raiders but what about adding a second purity slot to group gear so that we could get to purity 100 but adding two 25% purity augs. Just a thought.....

P.S. Raiders please don't be haters :)
  2. Cicelee Augur

No.
    Tegila and Robnie like this.
  3. Xnao Augur

Difference between 100 purity and 75 is 50 hp with growth, 50 mana with ethereal or 5 ac with metal.

That is the only difference in purity. No bonus for having 100.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Falos Augur

Purity / powersources are overrated. The only classes that really 'need' powersources are warrior/paladin/shadowknight. For everyone else it's basically magelo padding and will not make a practical difference in any content.
  5. Talif Augur

I've stopped even bothering with them for anything other than a quick magelo snapshot. A few hundred HEM when you're pushing 100K is pointless.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is all those "few hundred HEM" that got us to 100k.
  7. Talif Augur

Yeah, but that was a few hundred HEM per slot, this is for all the slots combined...
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm talking about the aggregated whole. PS in conjunction with General Sturdiness, Natural Durability, Gift of the Keepers, etc. got us to where we are at. Individually it really isn't all that much. Added all together it looks much better.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So was he.
  10. Voragath Augur

You are really just asking for group gear to have as much purity as raid armor. Why not just come out and say, "can group and raid gear have the same purity?" I am pretty sure what that answer will be, even though it doesn't hurt to ask.
  11. NaVi7512 Elder

12. Kunon Augur

Off topic but about Power Sources. They could make them worthwhile if they just modified how they work. Instead of a flat number value have them increase the stats of armor by a fix percentage. Then they would actually scale with gear indefinately.
  13. gcubed Augur

This would add two aug slots to each item. One would be for the purity aug itself and another hidden one for the fake aug that actually adds the stats. There are a limited number of aug slots and we apparently are very close to that limit. now. In all probability, two more aug slots could not be added to cultural armor without a code change.

I am unsure of this but I suspect that these purity augs also function as Plus-Percent augs. If that is the case, then the system would only use one of the augs anyway. Which would also require a code change.

One of the advantages of raid armor is the 75% base purity. That is part of design. So if SOE added a second purity aug slot to group armor they would also add it to raid armor.

As others have hinted, power sources (and by extension, purity augs) do not add enough AC/H/M/E to a player to make any real difference in combat. SOE would be doing a whole lot of work for a whole lot of nothing.