Gina Issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Archery Lorekeeper

Gina works for me BUT once issuing an alert, etc., it Repeats it forever, until I'm forced to shut it down. Next step is to open it again, wait for next alert, shut it down, Rinse and Repeat.

Anyone have this issue or have a fix. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Gina three times with no change.
  2. Viper1 Augur

sounds like a log file problem. As if gina is having trouble accessing the file and is being fed the same trigger line over and over. check windows file permisions.

Or maybe you have a poorly coded set of audio triggers. Try playing with the options of the individual triggers.
  3. Hostility Elder

There is a list below gina triggers going by at the bottom of gina window. Click the one doing it. Check interrupt checkbox. If that doesn't help just delete the trigger entirely, or change the text it looks for to something it will never find
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Double click your character bar on the left side, then close the pop up, so that the checkboxes on the right are visible. Uncheck the group that is duplicating, and recheck it, and see if that fixes it. i had a trigger doubling and tripling for some reason, but with some check and uncheck, close open uncheck check, etc action, i eventually got it to stop.
  5. Stupio123 New Member

Click the blue dropdown tab top left of gina window, hit settings, check the box near middle of the window Stop Trigger Search After First Match (also a nice hotkey /say {GINA:stop}
  6. Vdidar Augur

Have you tried washing it?
  7. Brohg Augur

Don't be a menace, make the hotkey [tell Stupio123 {GINA:stop}
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

[IMG]
    Vdidar likes this.
  9. Quirog Elder

Actually I have seen someone with this same issue.. Check in general settings that you do not have save trigger matches to file with your log file selected. You should only see the log file under the character edit otherwise unintended consequences could occur like repeating triggers. Since you are pasted the trigger into your log file so it will trigger it again and save it again until you shut down GINA to stop it :)
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

What I'd like to know is how to stop getting pesky Mage pets showing up in my Rampage trigger. There has to be some way to filter out pet Rampage versus NPC Rampage...
  11. Archery Lorekeeper

FIXED IT! Brilliant. Can't thank you enough Quirog as Raiding is 20x less frustrating and complex with GINA finally Working Again.
    adetia likes this.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

great tip - one i'll file away for the inevitable of someone having this problem
  13. Viper1 Augur

Epic face palm right here!
  14. Stupio123 New Member

? Not sure what your problem was with my post. that is a nice hotkey to have if you still have countdown timers running on screen at the end of an event. A lot easier to have a hotkey like i said then clicking over to gina and stopping it there.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

;tell Stupio {GINA:stop}

It's a way to send a /tell to yourself so that only you see it, and the command still works. If it goes to /say, group, guild, a channel, whatever, then it's junk for other people to see. At the end of a raid event, sometimes I see a dozen people doing that /say command. It's effectively spam for anybody but the person using the command.
  16. Stupio123 New Member

oh, i see
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I wish there were more people like you :p
    I don't mind {GINA:stop} so much, but people testing out audio triggers in /say makes me crazy.
  18. Brohg Augur

especially since only poorly constructed triggers can even BE tested in that fashion. hate it.
    Viper1 likes this.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

I personally like to tell people who have GINA issues to figure it out themselves and don't make it an excuse to why you fail a mechanic that has occurred for like 9 months that has never changed.

God I hate excuses for emotes. "I failed holistic health because GINA didn't tell me!"

Omg I could smash things.

I then proceed to help said people :(
  20. Brohg Augur

This thread is great. Yeah, I have some variation of "don't trust the GINA timer for when to cure Holistic. Watch your own **** buff bar. GINA is running a timer for when it begins to taunt you after you die." as part of each week's raid instruction for Anashti-Life.