Gifting Membership

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TolkienBard, Dec 7, 2017.

1. TolkienBard New Member

So, I've looked everywhere, and I cannot seem to find squat in the way of options to gift someone membership. I mean, with gift cards no longer being made available, and DBC no longer being able to be applied to membership, it seems the only way I can give someone the gift of membership for the holidays is to give them a credit card. That's just...lame.

Am I missing something here?
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Gifting of expansion keys was discontinued after it was horribly abused. From what I understand, people would buy the codes, sell them in game for kroon/plat/items and after a while they would do a chargeback on the codes they bought. They didn't care if they got banned because they moved their ill gotten gains to other accounts.
  3. TolkienBard New Member

I'm just looking to fund my SIL's account for a 1-year all-access membership. She can buy the expansions if she decides she wants them Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to gift her months. The only thing I can buy her is DBC, and she has obscenely large piles of that (10s of thousands) already that she never uses. No reason to buy her DBC if she isn't going to use it. But a monthly subscription, that would be GOLD for her.
  4. Blackburrow23 Elder

SIL = Sister in law? I believe you can use PayPal. Give the money to your brother via PayPal and have him buy the membership on her account and give her a card with a picture of her fav eq spot with inspirational words regarding her up coming year. That is the easiest way right now. Nothing you can give will directly give her a year all access.
    Tugroka and moogs like this.
  5. Goodn Augur

If you don't mind the initial $4-6 fee involved in getting, purchasing a Visa/MasterCard gift card for the amount of the subscription and having them use that card number (works just like a credit card) will work just fine for you.

I do it for all my DBG stuff. Yeah, I pay a little more that if I used a regular credit card. But when (not if) DBG gets hacked and all the credit card info is in the wind, I simply don't care.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You can buy 12 krono and hand em over.
    moogs likes this.
  7. ptah Augur

I would think Paypal is best option. Very simple to setup. The prepaid option works as well. Few more dollars but cheaper than Krono if using USD. Last option I suppose would be transfer of Krono via plat if you dont want to use USD. Special note Paypal can be used 6 month plus xpansion and any buffer to farming out plat for xtra kronos.
    moogs likes this.
  8. moogs Augur

The problem with this is that buying Kronos from Daybreak would cost a whole lot more than the 12 month subscription. www.paypal.me is pretty cool and you can use it without paying a fee if you're sending money between family and friends rather than paying for a product or service.
  9. Moege Augur

Other suggersion is to buy LoN packs and resell in bazaar, buy konos for the plat or do a trade LoN pack x (however may) for a Krono.

FV there is people looking for the legend of the stormbreaker packs, offering 1.3 mil per pack, krono prices is 4.5-5mil. No idea if these are trade-able / wanted on other servers, can always make a lvl 1 on FV.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Get a pre-paid CC, there are ones with no fees; give that as a gift explicitly stating that it is in place for a year of All-Access. You might want to look into whether your state charges tax on the transaction in question or not, as well as whether your SiL has a currently active All-Access account as that will reduce the cost some.
  11. Eckish Lorekeeper

Everquest membership can be paid for with Steam. So, Steam gift cards can be used as gifts. I get mine at Target with my Redcard for 5% off.