"Gift" apparently has a different meaning at Daybreak.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dragan_Xegony, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Dragan_Xegony New Member

That fishy illusion? It's definitely a gift for krono farmers, but anyone who has an actual paying subscription is forced to buy a krono (either with cash or plat)?

Yeah, great "gift" guys.

*slow clap*
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

if you give a gift to us and extend your membership by using a Krono, we'll be giving you a special gift too!

Well for one thing nobody has to get it, its a gift if you buy a kroon and use it, which is exactly what the sentence above says. It's a good thing for you by the way even if you never get the illusion or buy a krono. IF kronos are used that money goes on the profit sheet, which is good for eq which is good for you. And even taking the worst case scenario which would be someone like me with a grandfathered yearly cost, it'd be a ten dollar expense for me but i'd get 30 days of time and the illusion.
  3. eqzekisdead Augur

Such entitled crybabies, daybrake was generous to give you a $200 set of armor in the cash shop and 30% off on a 25 pack of kronos for the anniversary event and you still ask for more?? when will it be enough for you guys.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's a bonus for using a Krono. Just like some stores give a bonus item for buying a specific item. Quit whining about something stupid. Amazing.
  5. Dragan_Xegony New Member

It's advertised as a "gift" to players who have supported the game for 19 years. No as a shop promotion. But that's what it is. But hey, don't drop your Kool Aid over this. Keep sipping.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Zaviere Augur

If you wanna get technical, ANYONE who has "supported the game for 19 years", or even half that, or even a quarter of that, is gonna have enough plat to buy a Krono in-game, use it to add a month's worth of sub time, AND get the illusion item if they really want it.
    Xoner likes this.
  7. segap Augur

And that's why I see long time raiders using loyalty bags of platinum just to make their raid armor? Not everyone who plays the game is swimming in plat. It's a fallacy.
    Geroblue, Yinla and Tornicade_IV like this.
  8. Dragan_Xegony New Member

Hah, right. Never :)
  9. Zamiam Augur

I personally love Illusions. my main account has like 60 or so illusions so when daybreak comes out with a new one ( even if it costs me R/L cash (few extra dollars)) im very pleased .. thank you DB.. please release more illusions with the next coming expansion I would even be willing to Consume another Krono for more Unique Illusions :p
  10. Dragan_Xegony New Member

Look, the last two times everyone with a running subscription got a free illusion (Sarnak and Sarnak Skelly). This is the first time those need to "pay" for it. I guess that should make us worry about the current financial situation at Daybreak.
    Geroblue and Yinla like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Do they refuse to loot corpses? I can't see how it's possible not to have enough plat to buy your raid armor if you raid.
    Zaviere likes this.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I see nothing bad about this.
    Instead of having to buy kronos (well, if you do that in the first place which i ain't) at way above subscription rates, you can now buy them at roughly the price for a 6month sub. That's actually a good offer - certainly nothing to complain about, at least until it ends at which time people could complain the price should left at that :)
  13. Critts Augur

If you use this gift you won’t be able to see your $200 armor graphics.
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Perhaps the term of art for this particular promotion should have been "bonus" and not "gift." However, "bonus" would likely have been confused with the concurrent "experience bonus" promo. No need to over-react.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

What does this have to do with the potion belt?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its a pain if you are not on a monthly subscription plan, mine is 3 monthly and my other bills are spread out to not land at the same time as other bills. For example it goes out in October, so I can afford the expansion in November and pay for Christmas in December, purchasing a Krono to add 30 days messes that up along with car insurance and other bills spread through the year to not coincide with my EQ subscription

Disappointed they haven't done much for their long term players but its something I can live without.
  17. Zamiam Augur

I dont see the problem ? if your 3 month runs out in october and now using a krono bumps that to november why cant you still pay for a 3month sub when October comes around when you normally would..
    nov - jan = 3 month
    feb - april =3 month
    buy krono for may( so you have to come up with an extra 17.99 (or less bundle))
    may - july = 3 month ( continue to pay your normal 3mo sub as usual)
    aug - oct = 3 month ( your still ontime with your bills, but you have an extra 30day added to your account.)
    Problem solved
    your welcome
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Adding a krono puts the 3 month stagger off no matter which way you look at it. Perhaps he is like me and has it set up to auto bill on those specific months so this throws it off so we then have to go in and tell it to bill for 3 months again manually which is a gamble since the whole account management tool for paying or buying dbc can be finicky and choose not to work some times. Mine is on the same months oddly enough for the recurring rotation to earn bonus on my credit card those same months which then pays for the EQ.

The best way to do it will be to buy the krono, use it, cancel the account and go free for 2 months then re up on the 3 month plan.
    Yinla and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  19. Zamiam Augur

you must not be getting what im putting down.. the krono adds 30 days of game time .. so what if your on an auto pay for every 3 month cycle.. im saying she/he can keep that cycle the same every 3 months get billed .. all she/he is doing is adding an additional 30 days .. they can keep the sub 3mo cycle the same ..yes they would prolly have to manually charge it the next time it comes around ..
    so in my example from my previous post
    feb -april (already paid sub time)
    March (use krono, add 30 days)
    May ( manually sub for 3 month)
    aug-oct (manually sub 3 month)
    yes is it an extra step , sure .. but if you want the Illusion its worth it .. if you dont then DONT buy it and stop complaining
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

wow, wasn't complaining - just offering a different idea.
    Yinla likes this.