Ghostrider Bridal 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwning, May 14, 2013.

1. Pwning Lorekeeper

So you click the bridal now, and you get ghostriders spirit . .. says it summons the true form . . click that, and you get an awkwardly large skeletal horse...and you promptly disappear, unable to move.

Is this intended? Or is this supposed to be a new/revamped mount, thats completely bugged?
  2. Kelefane Augur

Once fixed, if your still not able to move, then its pretty worthless.

Also, that graphic is the graphic that SKs have wanted their AA mount to look like for years now :(
    Elricvonclief and Tegila like this.
  3. Dzarn Developer

The associated code that allows players to ride that model didn't make it out in this build.

After the next patch that fixes the code, Ghostrider's Spirit will summon the skeletal horse mount, sorry about the delay in getting it implemented.
    Kelefane likes this.
  4. Warpiggs Augur

Oh nice, I just went and dug my bridle out of my house. Can't wait to use it :)
  5. Battleaxe Augur

Thanks guys.

Years and years ago when I posted that I was disappointed Ghostrider was a plain brown horse and we couldn't even use the trappings bonus with him we got some kind of furry beast instead.

This is what I had hoped for and given up hope of ever seeing. Thanks again - /afk clicking it.
  6. Gnar Augur

Any way you could change one of the SK only mounts to this graphic? We have been asking for it for years. Steed of Souls and Abyssal Steed have the same graphic, maybe swap one of them for the new skeletal steed.
    Viltaire, Tegila and Kelefane like this.
  7. Kelefane Augur

I agree. SKs have been asking for this particular horse model for our AA mount for years. Any chance of it happening Elidroth? <3

Change Abysmal Steed to it!
    Tegila likes this.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

Ya know, years and years ago Warriors discussed a Warrior only Pegasus on TSW. Frodlin thought a flying chariot would be more appropriate :) But Warriors are the tank that doesn't get such things.

Years and years ago I posted in askance, Ghostrider - plain brown horse?

Years and years ago I posted that fast mounts ought not be only for knights, lucky looters, and rich players. Got a lot of flack from knights. NM that Aradune talked about mounts and the need to shrink the world.

Years... I posted about knights co-opting the trappings freebie and getting an appearance upgrade when Ghostrider owners (I finally got lucky) got nada. Nada was turned into furry beast.

So SK's take a happy moment for Ghostrider owners who were "stuck" with a plain brown horse for 10 years and say, hey I spent AA - gimmie. Pretty sad.

Let players who patiently waited enjoy some exclusivity with something made for us please. Everyone else got trappings on their fast horse. Knights got fast horse for AA's, trappings for those horses, and later special AA horses. Some of us got to give that bridle to knight alts who already had special just for breathing in and out while we rode "plain brown" with the fancy name. Enough already.

This is what Ghostrider should have looked like all along. (I'm sure SOE will give even better looking ones to SK's - that's how things always work). If SK's want one of these they know where they are.
  9. Gnar Augur

Awsome and grats your plain brown horse got an upgrade. SKs were asking for the skeletal steed mount before the Ghostrider mount even existed and you looted one. Lets not rain on each others parades. Im happy for you that your "special loot" got upgraded, but let the dev answer my question please because thats who it was intended for. I apologize if it makes you sad.
    Tegila likes this.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

It was intended to be for readers of the forums as well as devs. PM's work when something is intended only for Devs.

It (meaning the Ghostrider upgrade) was intended for Ghostrider owners, speaking of intentions. I'm sorry if that makes you sad. SK's can have one. It's even very easy to get nowadays.

Those with fast mounts and trappings, magical Paladin or diabolical SK mounts got benefits Ghostrider owners did not get to equally enjoy. Ghostrider now looks like what is should have always looked like. Thanks again.
  11. Tegila Augur

im still irked the sk pegasus looks like a diry pally mount. theres absolutely nothing shadowy knight-esque about it. meanwhile there was an existing pegasus mount graphic taht fit sks and there was this graphic taht wouldve fit sks, what do we get? oh just like unholy guardian: an ugly bad imitation of soemthing pallies got. yay.

BB: jsut shut up your knight hatred while hilarious gets really old and sad

ps knights have mount aas bc it is built in lore of a KNIGHT..to right a horse with a big 2handed weapon and beat the snot out of something. warriors have never ridden horses, knights and cavalry did. i dont see cleric getting an aa slay undead and last i looked it was always priests taht did exorcisms not knights with a cross on their chest.
    Straahdx likes this.
  12. Gnar Augur

Id like to suggest a Duck mount for warriors, it should waddle as it moves to fit in with class design.
    Tegila likes this.
  13. Kyreth Elder

And here I was thinking this thread would be all about some sort of new formal wear for those Norrathians who were planning on tying the knot..