Getting to vendors in CC (ToV)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just got to CC for the first time last night, hoping to get to the vendor who sells the Snowbound Velium for making the T1 armor.

Zoned in from EW.... everything sees invis.

Evacced to another entrance..... everything see invis.

Add to it, I don't really know the zone layout or where I'm going....

So, is there an easier way to get to the dwarves in CC, or is it pretty much a fight-all-the-way-there-every-time situation?

Would IVU help? Forgot to try that when I was there. But spiders didn't strike me as undead, so that's why it didn't occur to me.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guildhall has a port-clicky that leads directly to froststone(the dwarf city), so no clue about a safe-route, but generally IVU is the way to go in ToV.
    Tsavo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Coagagin Guild house cat

You can IVU all the way through the zone to the vendor and nothing will bother you. Sandra Gemheart (sp?) is on find making the trip easy enough to accomplish.

If you bought the collectors edition their will be a transporter in your claims and probably one in your guild hall that will get you much closer as well.

Safe travels.

- Coag
    Tsavo likes this.
  4. Qimble Augur

They're undead spiders. Almost everything KoS in ToV is undead.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Aren't you on Tunare? The is a seller in the baz that has them for only a few thousand more than you would pay on vendor.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Qimble: Thanks, I'll go back with a different toon with IVU :)

@CatsPaws: I know, that's what I did for the other two chars. Now that I'm about the right level, I kind of made it a challenge to get there on my own. Besides, I have to learn the zone layout eventually, anyway!
  7. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Ask a bard for Shauri's Deathly Clouding I (10 min Invis + IvU + Levi). Or use the port-clicky from the ToV-expansion if available (single or guildversion, port to froststone; don't move towards the city's exit, use Find to get to the merchant)
  8. Bazuker New Member

Geodes - neutral passive mobs, do not see through inviso, just ignore them unless you intend to kill them.
    Tentacled Horrors - undead mobs, do not see through IVU
    Crystal looking spiders - undead, do not see IVU
    Drachnids (spiders with human torso) - live mobs, do not see inviso, see through IVU, can be avoided on the path from EW-side entrance to the city.
    Crowlers (fish-like creatures with legs in the water) - live mobs, do no see through inviso.
    Restless mobs oittside the city (orcs and dwarves) - undead, do not see through IVU.
    Live dwarves in the city, especially guards - neutral alive dwarves, total rasists - will attack evil races like ogres, trolls, dark elves. Need to do few progression quests to stop being KoS in the city itself. One guard stands in the vicinity of the landing spot when you use guild hall teleporter (purple crystal) - it will attack dark elves after zoning if faction is not good enough.

To run to the armor merchant from EQ zoneline - put on levitation (to cross a broken bridge in the mmiddle) + IVU and run to the city. In one place (where 3 horrors, geonid and drachnid spawn), run on the opposite side or the hall from the drachnid, it won't aggro).
    Once in the city - just run to the merchant inviso if you are an evil race toon. You can /con the dorf first time around to see if he is "ready to attack".
    Normally - no need to fight anything on the way to the merchant.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Don’t equip your parlay totem from 2nd earring or they all hate you.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I didn't have that problem with an ogre SK or with iksars. I'm not sure if Froststone is a new TOV faction or whether it's tied to one of the old factions.
  11. Zynt Augur

My Erudite Necro has zero issues and had zero issues before doing any quests.
  12. Visitor Augur

For those with invisibility problem, when TOV first came out, I sent a buffed level 20 rogue (low rogues mover seriously slow in sneak/hide), so could just buy from the NPC and parcel to whoever needed items. I would recommend - Goblin Shroud, as high as can manage, and make the trip- must get plat from your bank for purchases, and can use Spirit send AA to get back home.
    Niskin likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Best Partisan quest line in all of ToV is in CC. Enjoy! :)

PS : I am being serious.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks all.... went back with an IVU char and skated all the way to the merchant :)
    Qimble likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When I got there, I saw the geonid and horror on one side, the drachnid on the other. Conning showed the drachnid couldn't see me, not sure why that is.

I still ran by on the other side, though :)

Thanks!