Getting to Shard's Landing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasbis, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Laronk Augur

If you use the default guild hall (or use the right hand door) you don't have to pay for a guild hall or buy a porter.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

Origin AA brings you back to your innate's Race's home city ... for most people now that is Cresent reach but depending on how old your toon is and what race he/she is will determine that.. if you can bind means you have the Gate ability .. so the spell Gate or the AA will bring you back to your bind point..

most guild's wont seek you out .. if you want to join another guild its on you pretty much ask in /general or look on the boards in GL for guilds that are recruiting and give them a tell .. also in /general you will occasionally see info on guilds who are recruiting and for what class's if any .. most guilds who advertise in general are open to all ..

The shards fall geode in the GH (Stone of shards fall ) is only 262pp not 2k .. hope this info helps ..
  3. Rasbis Lorekeeper

I do not disagree, just taking the time to research "guilds" seems a bit more than I want to invest atm. I would like to be able to STOP boxing. I understand lots of folks like boxing but to be honest I'm just not too fond of it.
  4. Rasbis Lorekeeper

Yea I put in and extra zero by mistake.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Creating an extra ftp account with a druid and going heroic could be VERY beneficial to moving around.

About that Origin thing... yeah you can use that. Another option is to buy a plot in the housing area. (Try the least populated instances, as those may have plots close to zone in) Get an anchor package, put an anchor in the plot. Now you have a port home (1hr cooldown).

During EQ anniversary events in spring, you really should do this:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8025

The result is a 0.5 second cast PoK teleport item, 30min cooldown.

While anniversary events are rolling, you might wannt do
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5698
    As well. A shrink ring, very handy.
  6. Angahran Augur

Would have loved to have got that ring, but it was only one of the available rewards and the quest cannot be repeated.
    So, if you pick the wrong reward you are out of luck :(
    (At the time, the aug seemed lie a better option).
    Yinla likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I believe there is another way to get it: Achievement: Vanquisher of the Heart of Fear
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

i got this ring in era with my main and people scoffed at me. Told me I was a fool for passing up those augs. muhahah

I still use that ring today for my alt zerker has it just to go to Heart of Fear ever 6 hours for 6 AAs in 5 minutes.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  9. Bronk Elder

Druids have Circle of the Landing.
    But join a guild. There are lots of friendly ones. Just go to POK and ask for a casual friendly one with a good GH or in general chat.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its a year old. Hope he found a way !
    Dythan likes this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Word is, he's still running from zone to zone.. in desparate need of food and water to complete the journey to Shard's Landing.
    Zynt and Yinla like this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

13. Flat Toad Elder

Hee...After all the blather, I almost hate to point out the obvious answer to OP:
    ***Yes, you can, in fact, "run" to Shard's Landing...tho tis a lonnnng run:
    Actually,,You start by flying... in PoK, click Ak'Anon book...then run over to the pier at edge of a canyon...a blimp will arrive shortly...hop aboard, and off ye go to Alaris
    Once there, find the ramp down to middle area and zone,zone,zone( Valley of Luna, Resplendent Temple, , to Erillion, City of Bronze...
    There, you'll find the zoneline into Shard's Landing...
    M'kay?
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

For every expansion since House of Thule, Fanra's EverQuest Wiki has a section on how to get there.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Rain_of_Fear#Getting_to_RoF

Getting to RoF

Hoof it
    Note that you can use the Find menu to locate these.
    • Shard's Landing <> Erillion, City of Bronze:In Erillion, City of Bronze there is a tunnel in the northeast wall of the zone (loc 1830, -110). Going down the tunnel will take you to Shard's Landing.
      • The Harbinger's Staff, a RoF Pre-Order Item, provides transport once every 72 minutes to Erillion, City of Bronze.
    • Chapterhouse of the Fallen <> Commonlands: In the Commonlands outside of Befallen at loc -1000, 975 there is a purple crystal. Clicking it will take you to Chapterhouse of the Fallen.
    • Chelsith Reborn <> The Grey: In The Grey, the lake the sun revenants are around has a crystal on the bottom of it. Clicking it will take you to Chelsith Reborn.
    • Evantil, the Vile Oak <> Beasts' Domain: Climbing up a root in the southwest most part of the zone (location -6030, 3300), near where Tangledeath spawns, in Beasts' Domain will take you to Evantil, the Vile Oak.
    • Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth <> The Resplendent Temple: In the tunnels beneath The Resplendent Temple at Udgar the Brave (loc 2900, 100, -325) is a purple crystal. Clicking it will take you to Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth.
    • East Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening <> Eastern Wastes: In the southeastern most part of Eastern Wastes is a purple crystal at loc -9100, -4180. Clicking it will take you to East Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening.
    • Plane of Shadow <> Vex Thal: In Vex Thal, as you exit the entry tunnel into the 'open area', go to your left along the wall. You will find a crystal. Clicking it will take you to Plane of Shadows. If you enter the big building or go into the water, you've gone too far.
    • The Breeding Grounds <> Dragon Necropolis: In the eastern most part of Dragon Necropolis is a purple crystal at loc -70, -2725. Do not go in the tunnels. Clicking it will take you to The Breeding Grounds.
    • Valley of King Xorbb <> Gorge of King Xorbb: On the north wall in the center of the Gorge of King Xorbb at Diggs Duggun is a purple crystal at loc 1275, -530. Clicking it will take you to the Valley of King Xorbb.
    Guild portal
    A "Stone of the Shard's Fall", on sale from the portal crystal NPC for 263pp, will take you to Harbinger's Outpost in Shard's Landing.
    The "Stone of the Shard's Fall" was not on sale when the expansion was released. For the same reason the druid and wizard ports were not available, see below.
    Druid and Wizard ports
    The druid ring needs to be built before the portal spells will become available. Keep turning in those shards!
    Magus Burlshin in Shard's Landing at location -1450, -1100 sells druid and wizard port spells to Shard's Landing.
    Szilent and Zynt like this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats why i made a guild so my other chars could go to zone that had better port in than my wizard.

Andarriel
    Fanra likes this.
  16. Torqx New Member

There is a stone in the classic version of Eastern Wastes that will take you directly to a portal that will take you directly to Shard's landing. As I recall, it's in the south-east corner of the zone. It's a somewhat long ride, but only three zonings after you leave the PoK. I used to use it when I was a bit bored.
    Tatanka likes this.