Getting to raid level as a casual player?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mint, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Mint New Member

I miss raiding. I played EQ hardcore in the PoP era and haven't really played since. Recently I've been thinking it would be fun to get into a relaxed guild and raid 2 - 3 nights a week, but I'd have to get my character up to speed.

It's great that I can now bump my old cleric up to level 85, but what about taking it from there? As I mentioned I play casually, only on the weekends. Is it possible to molo up to level 100 and everything else I need to raid?

Any advice?
  2. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Join a raiding guild that has a casual rank. My guild does optional raids and grouping family guild things for our casual members.
  3. Brohg Augur

It's totally possible, just a matter of time. There are tons of guilds & loose raiding alliances that have 2-3day per week schedules, and plenty more that don't require full attendance on their more strenuous ones. If you're committed to moloing instead of joining HA groups when available, though, it will take significantly longer to get there & join in.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

My suggestion is not to try and just molo your way up, It's going to take for ever moloing a cleric from 85-100. In addition to the time bound part, you really want to make friends through grouping. Also if you've never been above 85 I'd say that the group game can be a lot more interesting then when you used to play.

Anyways a good place to start would be; tell us what server you're playing on and maybe someone will be able to help you out in meeting the right people.
  5. Mint New Member

Hey, thanks for the advice all. I'm surprised to hear there are people playing the sub-100 game.

Well, my toon is on Zek and the population today seems to be very low. I will look around for some folks. I have considered that I might be better off transferring to a higher pop server.
  6. Brohg Augur

yeeees.
  7. Necromonious Augur

If you grind the HA's relentlessly you can strap on a full set of T2 cotf group gear within a week's time. Lotta pick-up groups grind them. I'd do the progression though to avoid the boredom :/
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

yes the game has changed its a little eaiser to get to lvl 100.
    gear wise, hot zones, kill quests. mercs
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Cazic Thule has several "fairly casual" raid alliences.
    Also - I recommend you get to 100, bank all the important AA for your class, and get geared up *entirely* in CotF T2 Group gear - even if that means running HA's till you're sick of them.
    CotF T2 Group Gear is very close in quality to RoF T1 Raid Gear - close enough that you won't be "the wimpy toon" that dies a lot when you start raiding. ;)

-Rat
  10. lumin Elder

A few on luclin that raid 3 nights a week, and a couple that run pug raids for for people that are not 100