Getting the most out of your Bard partner

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Redex, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Donroy Elder

Which BP's does the Singing Energeiac share a cooldown with? The UF/HoT/VoA Arpeggios?
  2. Lifeshriek Augur

i want to say it shares a cool down with all the bard specific clicky BP's after TSS and the TSS raid one
  3. Donroy Elder

Ok, I have the Anguish BP, the Whisper-Wrought and the VoA T4 group. Guessing that's the 3 separate cooldowns. Just want to make sure I'm not missing one (maybe a 4th?).
  4. Lifeshriek Augur

essentially anything that is listed as Recast Type: (number here, in this case 16) will share a cool down, though whether or not you are missing one is up to you...for example, you could have in your bags the Singing Energeiac and a VoA BP (without checking the VoAs should all be type 16 recast) and give yourself the option of different clickies to use at different times, like when you need a 3rd stun immunity clicky from the Singing Energeiac (also, the duration on the Singing Energeiac is the longest of the stun immunity clicky effects we get) or the extra dps from the VoA BP etc. As a note, there are other BPs from earlier expansions...its a bit of a gray area for me but Breastplate of Vesagran for example has Vulka's Chant of Flame clicky on it, while not a great clicky since it has 210 second recast it may be situationally useful.
  5. JERUS Augur

Anguish BP
    TSS Group BP
    and all the other class only BPs since

Those are the 3 diff recasts for them.

So yeah donroy you're good with coverage of all 3 diff recasts.
  6. Egfrith-AB New Member

I never use arcane chorus : it adds little dps and does not properly stack with nec/dru/enc procs. Instead, Pulse is better to help all casters, plus (especially!) helping healer mercs with the %. And I wouldn't use spry for the ac in group work if the resists aren't needed (you're better off further increasing healing through ryken imo). WM doesn't add very much either, unless melee mercs or pets, if people already have mammoth line buffs and mobs are being slowed. All depends on the group makeup, though.

Thus my standard choice is Aria / 51-largos (or WM) / suffering / pulse, using mana aura also.
  7. Goshdern_VZ New Member

What if your partner is a Mage using a rogue pet? I presume it's melee aura (in concert with mage's 85 +15% melee damage aura that both land on swarm pets) and a caster setup for melody?
  8. Brohg Augur

Bard caster songs are pretty . You might play an extra regen song that you wouldn't in a melee group, but otherwise things are the same.
  9. svann Augur

The Lady's Entreaty is a good alternative to orb of tishan. More debuff and imo easier to get.
  10. Tucoh Augur

11. Brohg Augur

All fine. Also Chant of Chaos and Occlusion of Sound / Harmony of Tone.

made googledoc a couple years ago for lv100 things. don't think there's any new debuffs, just a couple numerical upgrades
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

In case anyone is looking at using Rytan's Reckless Renewal for their bard box, I tested it the other night.

I tested it with a pretty fresh level 105 cleric that had no buffs. I cast spiritual remedy and graceful remedy in sequence. I did two tests of each configuration with about 60 casts each.

Without Rytans, I crit 54% of the time. With Rytan's I crit 87% of the time.

The regex I used to search my log file to find crits that only came from remedy is:
    (\)\r\n.*) Tucoh's wounds fade.

Where the two lines being looked for is:
    [Sun Apr 02 17:51:28 2017] You perform an exceptional heal! (41927)
    [Sun Apr 02 17:51:28 2017] Tucoh's wounds fade.

Critting with almost every heal instead of half seems pretty powerful. But, I don't know what other buffs I could get that modify heal crit, what gear I might be missing that would change heal crit or whether other heals have different crit rates or crit caps. I don't know how this impacts healer mercs vs boxed clerics.

In order to use Rytan's, I choose to boot Arcane Melody, which I don't think is a big loss in DPS, but I've never parsed it.
    svann likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

The only "conflict" per se is Auspice of the Hunters, which also adds 33% to heal crit frequency, making most of Rytan's go over cap. So Rytan is great for sustained healing, but one of the first songs to cut in a burn linup to make room for Insults.

If you're dedicated to boosting heals, both Fierce Eye and Vesagran(bard epic) add 12% to heal crits also. Either one makes up the difference between 87% (Auspice or Rytan) & full heal crits, so they should be run separately; this is different from their deployment to boost melee, also different from deployment to boost casters.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. svann Augur

Staff of the Viral Flux - instant clickie -15 debuff to poison/disease
  15. Chaosflux Augur

Rytans is only a 25% increase, where's the extra 9% coming from?

For that matter base crit rate is 52% + 1% for DON.
  16. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

I didn't expect that either. I figured it'd either be 54(measured base crit) + (54 * 0.25 (Rytan's change)) = 67.5 or 54 + 25 = 79. I was surprised when it was substantially higher.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

60 casts might have something to do with the variance.

Along time ago they fixed the reckless songs since they didn't work from inception to COTF and they were multiplied by mods for awhile (you were pegged at 100% if the song was playing).

They fixed that, so I'd think the variance is just RNG most likely.