get rid of leashing!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celatus, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Celatus Augur

Its not classic and it sucks
  2. Machentoo Augur

What classic mobs leash now?
  3. Punchu Augur

I think he means everything. Agro use to not reset until you zoned iirc? Agro a young kodiak at one side of west commons and run to the other with bard speed and unless you zoned you still had agro on that yk.
  4. Fumi-chan Augur

P99 -----> that way.

TLPs are a classic-like experience, not literal classic.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Leashing is too good for p99.
  6. Febb Augur

The leashing distance is actually quite high compared to other games in most wide open zones. Other compact areas the leashing distance is shorter. Without the leashing mechanic people could lets say, pull Emp Ssra to the zone line and kill him there to bypass clearing the trash in the same room. So no, removing leashing is a bad idea.
  7. Machentoo Augur

We're talking about two different things now, that's why I asked.

Most mobs in game don't actually leash, they just lose aggro if you get too far away from them. That's what Punchu is talking about.

Leashing like Emperor does is a different mechanic, where the mob will not only lose aggro but reset to its spawn point if it is pulled too far from spawn. That's only applied to certain mobs, like Emperor, usually by design due to raid mechanics. AFAIK there are no classic era mobs that do this, but maybe someone knows of one that I do not.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Holken New Member

The de agro distance is incredibly short I can literally shoot my bow on my paladin and turn around while the arrow is flying and the mob won't agro because of distance. That's ridiculous. I understand why they did it like for your example amongst many others but that is an annoyingly short distance. Same thing with the experience range it's hard to even chain pull because if you aren't two feet from the mob you won't get exp.

If I make a bad pull I can just blind or fear the mob it will run off and as long as there aren't mobs to social it will just de agro.
  9. Celatus Augur

I'm talking about mobs losing aggro almost immediately. Plain old mobs not raid bosses.
  10. Aegir Augur

Removing leashing by distance in normal exp zones, would only encourage massive AE pull groups monopolizing any form for exp. But I guess the pro powerlevellers will applaud and support your suggestion!
    snailish likes this.
  11. Febb Augur

What zones and what NPC's?
    snailish likes this.
  12. Celatus Augur

all zones and nearly all mobs. You get 10ft away from em and they leash its annoying af
  13. Fumi-chan Augur

Welcome to TLP EQ.
    Welcome to TLP EQ.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

You can tash Innoruuk in poh at a distance and he doesnt even aggro you. Leashing is OP.
  15. snailish Augur

Mobs never losing aggro across massive distances was a dumb mechanic, just led to inadvertent training at zonelines at times, and/or the aggravation of finding that grey mob that aggroed you and got lost on the way in the zone you are trying to do something forcing you to kill it or camp/zone.

Boss leashing is necessary, and likely needs expanded thanks to the skills of the current playerbase for bypassing content and/or moving targets away from where they belong for various reasons. Sometimes spell range may be too far for a specific encounter... it is reasonable for some targets to be out of range to be aggroed by these spells at a distance... same for pets...

Aggro range may need a slight tuning, but aggro shedding should not be turned off. Single to quint kiting should be possible for those with the skill to keep the mob(s) bunched, but being able to tag a whole zone and run to the other side of the zone and kill them all is not a positive for the overall game (though a feature of Plane of Growth with its special aggro situation).

Not everything should be kitable, but aside from named and special quest NPC (kind of applies to charming as well --though it is probably a fair argument that more named need charm restrictions than necessarily kiting restrictions) most NPC should be. Hence the long-running discussion of the overuse of summoning mechanics on trash NPC.

Zone density and design should dictate the ease of kiting.
  16. Lhelith Journeyman

Phinny leashes
  17. Holken New Member

I

The thing is if someone wants to do any of those things you talked about they still can easily do them they just have to stay closer to the mobs and baby sit walk them around. That means if someone wants to purposefully train they can still do it they can still gather tons of mobs and monopolize them.

What the reset does actually do is give you an out for messing up a pull that would normally either kill you or cause you to have to zone. It also gives classes that can't split as easy a ghetto split method. It also makes chain pulling really annoying as you have to slowly walk in your pulls.

What you have issues with isn't fixed with agro reset since it's not based on distance the mob travels ( like say world of warcraft or other mmo's) but distance of the player with agro from the mob.

I wouldn't mind it staying or going ( although it makes the game a good bit easier) but I do think in it's current implementation the distance is way too short. I can shoot my bow on my paladin turn around and run while the arrow is flying and the mob wont even agro because the distance is so short. That's really stupid in my opinion.
    snailish likes this.
  18. mackal Augur

Not exactly. The mobs would ignore you when you got out of range but not remove you from their hate list. Now they remove you from their hate list. The key difference here is once you got back in range they would stop ignoring you, now since you're removed they still ignore you :p
  19. Celatus Augur

I wish it were an absurd exaggeration.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Tbh just remove leash from The Deep and I'll be content.