General chat how is it used on your server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koneko, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Koneko Augur

so mostly like the thread is named I just wondered how general chat is used on the servers people play on is it helpful? full of people trying to sell things from the bazaar? is it full of people gloating over the last person they killed?
  2. Koneko Augur

also what do you wish it was used for more
  3. Langya Augur

The Good: People lfg'ing. People selling items and services. People giving away rot loot. People BS'ing about in game stuff. Newbies asking general questions and getting answers (some snide but usually helpful) More discussion related to the game are always welcome.

The Bad: All the stuff that is usually taboo to discuss in the polite company of otherwise perfect strangers. Politics. Religion. Money. Also there is sometimes flaming and ranting but usually about the above three do not discuss topics. Pretty much EQ is an escape from all that garbage so it needs to be checked at the door. Polarizing views on real world issues have their place and any public chats on EQ are not one of them.
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

I agree Langya, that's what I've seen on BB during the times I've joined General.

Sadly, the drama/etc is why I almost never join.
  5. Edrick Augur

There are two figures on Xegony that always causes drama about real life issues but other than that it's just questions, answers, LFGing, and people selling stuff. And once in a while, a neat guide event!
  6. Koneko Augur

no one has any ideas on how they wish chat was used on servers?
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is used to talk to people. Some use it to lfg, some use it to sell stuff, some use it to ask questions or for advice, most use it to BS and make conversation. Sometimes the conversations deal with serious stuff (politics, religion, RL news, etc) other times it is silly stuff. All of that is what it is there for. None are good or bad.
    Leerah likes this.