Confirmed Gemstone of Darkflame not focusing summon minnions correctly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ishbu, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Ishbu Augur

The Gemstone of Darkflame is supposed to be the top tier summon minion pet focus for the level 65 range for Mages, Beastlords, and Necromancers.

Currently this is not focusing the elemental strike on the summoned mage pets. Where the previous pet focus out of LDON(Cherished Companion Shard) has the mage pets casting Elemental strike VI, the higher level Gemstone of Darkflame is reverting all the way back to elemental strike III.

This is such a massive dps loss on the pets that the lower tier focus from the previous expansion ends up being stronger than the Gemstone of Darkflame, thus making the gemstone a completely useless effect.

The gemstone of darkflame is correctly boosting the summoned minions attack damage and level as intended, but is not focusing the elemental strike portion like all previous pet focus items did.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

What server? Exactly what spell name of the pet you are casting?
  3. Ishbu Augur

Amending this: I have got my hands on most of the pet focus items through GoD.

An unfocused pet uses elemental strike III.

Gloves of Dark Summoning from Vex Thal are not boosting elemental strikes on mage pets, they are the base level of III

Symbol of Ancient Summoning from Plane of Time is boosting the elemental strike to VI.

Cherished Companion Shard from LDON is boosting the elemental strike to VI.

Gemstone of Darkflame is not boosting elemental strike, they are the base level of III
  4. Ishbu Augur

First noticed the issue on Aradune, but same thing is happening on Test so likely affects all servers.

This affecting all of the PoP era pets which would be the pets used in this tier of focus items: Servant of Marr, Ward of Xegony, Child of Ro, and Rathe's Son
  5. Tomatojuice New Member

I can confirm this bug. The pet's auto attacks are hitting harder and its level is higher, but the elemental strikes/procs are lower than intended.

Tomatojuice
    65 mage
    Aradune
  6. Nananea New Member

Also confirmed and reproduceable on Aradune.
  7. Ishbu Augur

Bump since this has almost fell off the first page of the bug report forum now
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not about the first page. Its about how many "likes" a post gets in the bug sub forum. That is what gets the attention.

Would hate to see you get in trouble for "bump"ing posts.

Spam - communication without meaningful content that does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
  9. Ruade New Member

I can confirm as well on Aradune that this is a issue for mages.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Ishbu Augur

If they want to suspend my forum account for bumping a thread, then they have to at least see the thread so its a win.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You're assuming a developer serves as the forum moderator.
  12. Warpeace Augur

The whole likes thing is a terrible way to determine if something gets fixed. Look at the bug reports and if its a Hunter quest report it seems 100% to get attention.
  13. Ruade New Member

I have confirmed as well on Test Server that the focus also downgrades the pet spell to elemental strike III.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Ishbu Augur

Doing some testing for OOW and using the level 66-70 mage pet spells, this focus is only bringing those pets up to Elemental strike IV, so still lower than the previous 2 focus items.

Hopefully this gets ironed out before the next TLPs hit GoD