Gearing SK relevantly

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Snowverlord, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Snowverlord New Member

Returning 21 year EQ veteran here! I took off shortly after VoA and re-installed a few days ago. I was 6-7 years on p99 Blue in the interim.

I have multiple 95s, and enjoyed 2-boxing SK/BST, but I’m mainly concerned about gearing up my SK to be able to help guide my other alts through the progression of the last... few years of expac. What gear/augs would help most to be relevant in this 115 max lvl world? Basically, are there any clickies, augs that are still awesome from HoT—> now? I’ve got epic 2.0, CoA Bp, of course... but some of these new numbers scare me... 30k+ AAs?! I’m thinking of auto granting and trying to plvl as much as possible to at least get past lvl 100/105.

I’m motivated! What should I aim for, to get back in the swing, so I can 2-man some ToV!!?
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

For SK specific questions you should visit the class forums.

As for a returning player, I left during HoT and returned during RoS.

There is no reason not to auto-grant. Turn it on and do not buy any AA that are from expansions prior to EoK. THis accounts for about 17k AA.

All zone through TDS are unlocked. TDS and on your will find some locked zones. None of these affect you until you decide you want to do some specific backflagging. You do not need to do any of it to get to ToV.

As a SK you will have a harder time, because unlike a mage, you can't skip gear. Once you get to 105-110 range, you are going to have to stop and buy defensives other classes can skip. The same is true of gear and augs. Tanks wont be able to fake it. You will be at an advantage boxing a slower and both classes being able to pull singles.

The game is FTP now for everything through TBL. You not only don't have to buy the expansions until you get to 110 with max XP and the AA you want, but you can also add a 3rd box completely for free. A BRD, ENC, DRU, MAG are some ideas. The primary thing about boxing a FTP is their spells. A FTP zerker might not be as useful as a FTP bard, because the zerker will be gear/AA limited, but the bard will boost your BST and SK who are not gear/AA limited. Remember if you sub a 3rd account right now during the anniversary you get a heroic included for free. That means that 3rd account can be at 85 and you can level asap getting as many autogrant as you can before the sub expires. Hard work 3-boxing and you could get all toons to 105 in a month.

Just get into it and go. Sub your 2 accounts and hold off on TBL/TOV until you decide you are at a point that will benefit you, via you caught up or you can get a PL.
    code-zero likes this.