Gear Levels

Discussion in 'Item Discussion' started by Ruven_BB, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

Any chance that raid gear can be 105 Min, not 110. Granted everyone will be 110 soon enough it its plausible that non 110 players could win raid items.

Thanks
    Ruven
  2. Brohg Augur

req109 at least would be a kindness. There are nincompoops who don't keep a buffer, I'd rather not suffer through their self-handicapping on raids
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll speak with the team. No ETA or decision at this point.
    Nniki, Kravn and Jhenna_BB like this.
  4. Cleaver Augur

it should be 106 not 105 or 110.
  5. Natal Augur

Not contributing they wont.

Raid gear should not be designed around alts looting rot.
    svann and Axxius like this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Raid gear for alts under 110? That's a bad idea IMO. There is already a lot of complaining from non-raid players that group content is too hard for them while raid geared twinks have it easy.

Raid items are designed for raiding. RoS raid items are designed for RoS raids (and maybe starting the next expansion). RoS raids are designed for lv 110 characters, and so should be the items from them.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Augur

I agree and disagree at the same the same time. If it weren't for alt gear what gain do raiders have participating in farm? We all love our guilds and would do anything for them but if year long content cycles continue to be the EQ standard, alts scooping up loot should absolutely be a consideration by design, imo.

Edit: Btw this is coming from someone that has no alts over 85. I only play my Ranger. I'm all about for the good of the game on this topic.
  8. Axxius Augur

Sure, alts are a major source of motivation. But that same motivation makes you level your alts. If you care about your alts enough to get raid gear for them, surely you care to level them to 110 too.
    Kravn, Brohg and Jhenna_BB like this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

If you cant lvl your alts to 110 before raid gear start rotting I dont know what to say or I just rather not say it :p
    Axxius and Kravn like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Augur

Well, some people do work a lot, have kids and have to subscribe to happy wife, happy life. :p I agree though.
  11. Nenaden New Member

range items don't make sense to me for the raid gear. Have a str/stam range 6515hp 28 heroic stam, while the wis/int and agi/dex range items 6630, 6640hp 28 herioc stam unless you are going to lift the stam cap quite a bit it doesn't make sense to choose the str/stam range item. The wis/int range item does not have focus either. I don't know if this is intentional or not.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Some augs got a focus they should not have had. I may have had a row shift and missed it on the range items. I'll look.
    as for the level thing, it's something we'll consider, but I do not have an immediate answer for you. (As mentioned above :) )
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm with the people saying that the level req on gear should be 106. An expansion that grants a level cap increase should not have gear that requires you to max the cap before you can use it. At the very least the T1 and TS gear should all be req 106; some of the T2 gear being 108 or 109 would not be unreasonable.
  14. Warpeace Augur

How long does it take to get level 110?
  15. Orbital101 Augur

T1 group gear would definitely make more sense to be in between 105-107.
  16. Derresh Lorekeeper

Since it requires Velazul visibles to make the new Scaleborn visibles, it does not make much sense to have the required level higher then 105. Players will beat the t1 raids on day one most likely, they will combine their 105 Velazul visible to create a 110 Scaleborn visible only to be unable to equip the new piece and have no replacement piece to wear.

Required 105 recommended 110 IMO.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Raiding guild that can beat raids on day one usually have hardcore player that get 110 the same day or 2 after launch and at worse before the lock out goes away. So all that for not been able to use a piece of gear for a few days I can live with.

On the other hand to put a progression charm on raid 1 that require raid progression + achievements to be an upgrade from pre expansion best and not that much better if at all depending how you see it from one that you can max with class specific armor might deserve more attention.
    Warpeace likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We decided to make the raid gear required 106, recommended 110. I'll get to this when I make my bug pass this week.
    *most* people will get 106 in one kill. so that shouldn't be a hardship.
    As for people losing 110. get more exp, we let you get almost all the way to 111. Plenty of room for a buffer.

Plus... everytime we plan a "curve" from -5max to max level we get a chorus of people telling us not to bother, everyone will get max level before thy attempt to raid/quest/etc.
    Nniki, kizant, fransisco and 3 others like this.
  19. Naugrin Augur

I like the 106/110 specs. It shouldn't effect me at all but it seems like a good idea and i don't see it hurting anything.
  20. Soju Lorekeeper

Any chance of doing the same for the TS gear?