Gathering up your crew

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, May 15, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey guys,

I know a lot of people are going to be boxing when the server starts up. I myself am thinking of a monk/shaman duo.

However, the servers will probably be unplayable for the first day or so.

How do you plan on gathering up your crew with no ports? In particular, I was thinking of a barbarian shaman, but is it possible to run some races to the greater faydark area for grouping in Crushbone for example? Or do you level up each race individually in their home 'zones' and then move when they have enough levels and possibly bind affinity?

Just a thought really on how to gather your crew together after the server comes up, in particular, races that start so far apart and without ports... or have you moving through difficult zones...
  2. TLPeu New Member

Well you have to be smart about your choice of race/class
    if you plan to group an erudite with a wood elf and an ogre, well then good luck to you.
    if you want to it to be easy then you choose between

Dwarf/wood elf/high elf/gnome
    Human/Erudite/half elf/barbarian (qeynos)
    Dark elf/human/ogre/troll (freeport)
  3. mark Augur

make all your classes of the same race so you can get most spells in the same city and if you need spells from another city make an alt put your money in the shared bank and buy the spells etc.
  4. sumnayin Augur

On Coirnav I made Monk/Shaman and just leveled up near Qeynos. A few days later, my brother wanted to make a character so we made 3 high elves; his wizard, my 2 mages. On Mangler I made a Gnome Necro and Wood Elf Druid.

Probably just doing a Bard main on Aradune but might level a mage with him or something so i'd do Wood Elf and Gnome/HighElf/Human for the mage
  5. aindriuc Elder

For a barbarian, is the run through blackburrow to qeynos troublesome? I've never made a barbarian before.

I've always played a gnome, and as a gnome it's a treat to be right beside gfey area or make the run to freeport for the tunnel.
  6. Tuco Augur

My first TLP but I'm going darkelf/darkelf for my enc/cle partially to put them in the same place, but also because of hide, race size, hide and the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk snare clicky.
  7. C3lowz Augur

Just going to combine Races that are in close proximity to each other.

Will just buy Race Changing Pots later down the road.
  8. Machen New Member

Normally I'd say level up each to 10 or so but Barb starting zone is pretty awful...
  9. aindriuc Elder

Tuco, my first dark elf, was a dark elf female cleric. I just created one for the laugh, and then some dude handed me 100 plat at level 1. This was way back in 2000's. I kinda laughed, and went ahead and leveled her. I dressed her up real nice, with tight chain leggings and a nice top, nice hair and nice face. Got tonnes of money just handed to me as I was leveling for reagents etc. That was when you had to buy reagents for cleric spells. I was like 15 at the time.

It was a pvp server. I remember this gnome enchanter who had insane magic resist on his toon for pvp. I snared him with my necklace, and immediately 'it landed' with his massive MR. We immediately became friends, and we did the whole enchanter/cleric gig and got tonnes of exp.

Good days those. I kinda wished I made a male dark elf now, because I milked the dark elf female thing a bit and started calling everyone 'hun' and trying to get more money :p
  10. jeskola pheerie

11. jeskola pheerie

It doesn't take that long to unite a crew in classic with soulbinders and careful running. Play whatever races you want, don't bother with race changing unless you are level-racing or going ikssr or vah shir later. pick a starting spot close to where the majority of them are, bind along the way, use shared bank slots to buy spells.
    Foaming likes this.
  12. Tuco Augur

I usually roll with all dudes but I'm planning on rolling female dark elf enchanter, probably because I'm being influenced by the Winter Lady in Dresden Files novels, I dunno. Can't decide whether to play a male or female cleric.
  13. sumnayin Augur

I completely disagree if your plan is to get Barbarians or Erudites anywhere. You can do whatever you want but I wouldn't spend the time without leveling a little first. At least enough to survive a few hits or enough that a shaman hits 9 and can give you SoW.

The people that are in a hurry to get 50 and be the first person in EQ to raid classic will definitely do it to meet up with their statics, but it leveling up to 5+ isn't that bad near Qeynos
    Nolrog likes this.
  14. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

it takes about 30mins max to meet up. These 30 minutes are usually some of the worst periods for server stability so it almost isn't even lost time.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Buy the SoW potions from the store. They last 4 hours, persist through death, and I think are max SoW speed. (Normally if you use a player-made SoW potion on a level 1 it does nothing but the potions have a higher caster level apparently.)
  16. Draconum Elder

Think we're (brother, his GF, myself) will be doing Rizlona. Not sure what his plans are originally but I will probably just roll races close to each other (woodies, gnomies, dorfies). He usually does baddies so will probably be doing dark elf / humans near Freeport and we'll meet up / interweave around level 12ish or higher on the weekend hopefully.

Might take a bit longer but if you're going to roll folks spread far out from each other I'd at least try to get the shaman up to SoW level to make it a wee bit less painful running across the globe.
    Foaming likes this.
  17. That0neguy Augur

They added teleport stones to all of the starting cities that you can buy then parcel to your other character
  18. Yarteb Elder

Where are these available?
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What's that 3rd party program with warp built-in? :rolleyes: