Gates of Discord AoC Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 9, 2017.

1. Ootax Augur

This actually is incorrect. It was still hard to beat even after the changes. Guilds who beat GoD(tacvi)shortly after the tuned it down where already level 70 because Omens had already came out after they tuned Gates down. In fact I think the only guilds to actually beat Gates at level 65 without the advantage of the TSS changes may have been on Combine/Sleeper. It's a known fact that the changes to dps and mitigation changes made everything easy up to TSS, you can't deny that. Knowing the strats helps a lot but it doesn't change the fact that individual mobs are being dps'd down way faster than they should be. That's the issue, some/ a lot of boss mobs in Gates are dying like trash mobs. And trash mobs are a joke.
  2. mackal Augur

What TSS changes are you guys talking about?
  3. malaki Augur

There was a number of things that were revamped in TSS including skillcap increases across the board. So characters had higher weapon skills, offense, defense etc.
  4. mackal Augur

Okay, thanks. Those would have an effect. Only thing I could of think of was the SoF mitigation changes, but those were later :p (although, very beneficial to players going through TLPs)
  5. malaki Augur

Yeah, it's definitely a pretty huge boost to player power as were the AC/Mitigation changes you mentioned. Spell revamps, adding focus effects to old items etc, all just add up to make characters massively more powerful than they were back on live 15+ years ago.
  6. Angered Augur

I have a few questions for the devs and maybe some players can answer???

1. Will M Shas be up on pick creation????? I feel like a lot of people would like to know this.. (also gonna plee to the EQ GODS to put them in the AOCS)

2. Can anyone confirm if Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk event is working and can be completed for TACVI access?

3. Any plans to add a MOTM type buff to god or some sort of buff to the GOD Raid mobs if needed??
  7. AgentofChange Augur

1) Go to the test server, you can literally get your answer right now.
    2) Go test it
    3) They wanted to skip GoD entirely because the devs consider this expansion too hard for us poor players to defeat. It would be awfully hypocritical of them to buff the encounters.
  8. Jaera Augur

1. There aren't enough people on test at any time to spawn a Qvic pick, so no idea. Convince your guild to go sit in Qvic until one spawns?

2. This is second hand but from a source I trust, the Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk encounter works fine.

3. They said they aren't, and GoD doesn't need it. MOTM just wastes time, it doesn't make encounters harder at all.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Not everyone has the 45 toons it would take to spawn a pick...
  10. AgentofChange Augur

And those that do probably wouldn't want to share the info...
  11. Jaera Augur

I popped on test and did Txevu, Zun worked fine and dropped the signet of command in the instance.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Never saw an update on Smith Rondo event in Ferubi. We gonna get that in the DZ? People are going to complain if you don't put it in there, saving you the headache by letting you know right now!

Also, why are there no ground spawns in the Kod`Taz DZ? And why is the Ageless Relic Protector just up? You're supposed to have to do a quest to be able to trigger him.
  13. Dupre_MIM Elder

Absor,

There's a lot of speculation/question/concern the Smith Rondo event. It's an alternative to doing the sewers for progression, and is a major piece in the breakdown in communications quest. Is this something you plan to instance as well, or will it spawn in picks? Also if it's in picks, can you comment if it will spawn with the spawning of the instance, or if it is going to be a delayed spawn? That information will help guilds plan accordingly. Thanks for your time and effort on this stuff.

Dupre
  14. Silentchaos Augur

The Zun even in the Txevu DZ doesn't work, the ritualists don't spawn adds therefore you don't get chaosslayers. The chaosslayer is a huge portion of your raid's DPS.
    Gencat likes this.
  15. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

Currently when you request Tipt/Vxed it gives you an instance and then it poofs before you can zone in. Please fix?
  16. Jaera Augur

I just tested getting Tipt and Vxed, I was able to zone into both just fine.

They give you a 5 minute lockout and I went straight to the zone from Apprentice Udrana, I'd get a single 'it's too early' message, then would get in fine.

Not sure what you're seeing?
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sometimes the expeditions just close themselves out on you after about 2-5 minutes of it telling you it is too dangerous to enter at the moment. Appears to mostly affect the ones coming off of Barindu as I had Tipt autoclose 3x in a row and Sewers 2x in a row. I'm not sure if this is a test specific issue or these instances just aren't spooling up corrected.
  18. Glokta New Member

Was able to do Tipt and Uqua, but the instance for Ikkinz (Group #1) kept poofing.
  19. Silentchaos Augur

Sewers, Vxed, Tipt, Uqua, Ikkinz, Inktu`ta, and Tacvi are not Agent of Change expeditions and issues with them should be voiced outside of the thread dedicated to Agent of Change expeditions.

It's probably just test server's instance server being crappy anyway and not an issue with the expeditions themselves, try requesting them on a regular server and see what happens.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

This. I had the issue with vxed and tipt poofing for about an hour last week, then they started working fine and I was able to run tipt twice. Seems like their instance server is just messed up.