GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Xorsazis Augur

Would like to see most export options with an Excel-friendly paste.

Would also like a comparison for tanking like cast counts, where players are the columns and rows are the different statistics. Would also be nice to get something similar for hit amounts.
    Greyvvolf likes this.
  2. Xanathol Augur

My parser has been breaking down spell damage by spells & all damage by running effects for years - it just can't be done via such a simplistic approach. It takes quite a bit more work (ie. a lot more execution time & memory) and a different approach but is very easily accomplished. The only hurdles are item procs & unannounced twincasts, which are easily filtered in a magic category if missed; no less information than you would have had otherwise.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it has the potential to become inaccurate very quickly.

The only realistic way to do it would be to try and tie someone's casting messages to the damage messages:

"Soandso begins casting a spell. <SomeNuke>"
    followed by
    "Soandso hit Somemob for X points of non-melee damage."

There are multiple problems with doing this.

1) The first message is reported on the caster, the second message is reported on the Target, so unless you are in range of both, you can miss one of the messages.

Example 1: If you are max spell range on opposite side of the mob you will be in range to see damage but not the spells people are casting.

Example 2: You see "Soandso begins casting a spell. <Nuke A>" but Soandso runs out of range and cancels the spell cast so does no damage. They then start casting "Nuke B" but since they are out of range, you don't see this, but you see the damage because you are still close to the mob. Now you have misattributed the damage to "Nuke A" because that is the last thing you saw them cast.

2) Multi-hit spells exacerbate the above problem. (There is no way to know if a Mage "of
    Many" spell hit 1 or 5 times, you would only be guessing).

Example 3: Multi-hit spells like Mage "of Many" hit multiple times but only have one message so they don't attribute right if you have a 1-1 message correlation.

or

Example 3 ALT: You add multi-hit support so that all damage messages are attributed to the last spell cast seen. You still have the same mis-attribution problem as Example 2.

or

Example 3 ALT2: You add mutli-hit support with special cases so that only spells you specify by name are allowed to multi-hit. You reduce the number of multi-hit mis-attributions, but you don't eliminate them completely.

3) Bards don't have casting messages.

It only lists the spell name <Song>

4) Procs don't have casting messages (which you already mentioned)
    5) Multiple other sources of "non-melee damage" occur without casting messages.
    6) You CAN see when other people twincast so im not sure what you meant by "unannounced" (unless you are referring to the range issue of #1, but if you are you couldn't see the spell name anyway so I doubt you meant that) but the order of the messages leaves no way to determine the proper damage:

[Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soanso hit a luggald seditionist for 57008 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso's detrimental magic splits with Twincast.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 450 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 7236 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso delivers a critical blast! (7236)
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 1283 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 3748 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 59789 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 10266 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso delivers a critical blast! (10266)
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso hit a luggald seditionist for 18927 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 24 14:53:36 2016] Soandso delivers a critical blast! (18927)

The red messages are the spell hits that would be attributed to the spell name, the blue are proc hits, but there is no way to programatically determine this.

So basically what it comes down to is unless you are running a carefully controlled test, it will be inaccurate to some degree and I've made the choice not to do it for that reason.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, I suppose you could try to mitigate some of the errors by checking the spell landing messages , but even that wouldn't completely solve it because some spells don't have landing messages and some spells don't have unique messages, etc.

But yeah, trying to do it for anything other than testing purposes is asking for trouble and I'd rather avoid people complaining that it's inaccurate, which it would be.
  5. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

Something more simple than most of that was said here : allow (on right click maybe ?) to export any datagrid, at least as text copy format, at best with the option to also have html / bbcode formatting.
  6. Xanathol Augur

That is exactly what you have to do. The messages have a large enough range that if you are at the mob you will see the casting message (being on the other side is problematic but you weren't getting a good parse there for others anyhow). The same applies to your second scenario & can be mitigated by cast time checks.

Multi-hit spells are handled via look ups in the spell file and using the max hits after parsing the effects (exactly what mine does). The only issue here is unannounced twincasts via AA. Bards are obviously excluded. Procs go to 'magic' but can be filtered if they have a unique sub-message, such as Force of Magic or Force of Ice line.

In looking at modern fight logs & debug logs to check accuracy and seeing what gets pushed into magic vs filtered, almost nothing gets misappropriated and it is not a whole that doesn't get picked up. The same can be done for effects, such as 7th, etc, which mine does. All of this processing, however, takes a lot more time and memory.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not true at all. You can be on the opposite side of the mob and get an accurate parse if you are close enough and still be out of range to see others' casting messages. I know this as a fact.

I considered that possibility as well, but a time check doesn't solve the problem completely either because spell slow will mess that up. A bad slow can make a normal 3s spell 12s+ or more which is more than enough time to get messed up by moving out of range. If you set the check too low then anything when slowed wouldn't properly attribute. Now you could try to mitigate that by attempting to detect if someone is spell slowed and if so, by how much, then dynamically adjusting the time check, but even that isn't perfect either.

I'm still not sure what you are talking about with regard to "unannounced" Twincasts. AA twincasts function exactly the same as spell ones. There is always a message when it happens whether it is from a spell or AA because it's the same spell effect. Do you mean TwinPROC? It's still technically a form of twincast (same SPA) but its restricted to only work on procs. I don't see how that would cause a problem though since you identify procs via landing message.

Even for those procs that do have a landing message, the messages are the same for each level, that is, there is no difference in message for Ice IX and Ice X so at best they are combined via line instead of individual proc.
  8. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Yeah I could go for this, like posting casts counts for individuals in a class by player name and spells vertically as before, but the next player starting in the next column, instead of just endless rows. Save me from having to do it manually later on. :) Please and thank you.
  9. Ducreux Augur

Hi, long time listener first time caller.

Is there any way to suppress pets without an owner? I like to post parse dumps and deleting 10ish unclaimed pets per plain text export is a PITA.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Would it be possible to have the Export to Forums/Export in Plain Text buttons to export the data the way you have it sorted currently? Right now it just sends it from top damage to bottom damage no matter what. It would be nice to be able to sort by class and export. This DOES work for Send summary to EQ, just not exporting the entire list.
  11. Narogg Augur

Its not gamparse 2.0 but I released Narogg's Heal Parser v 1.0
    See the write up here
    As to not hijack the thread, post any comments on the heal parser here
  12. Stomped Journeyman

Double ups on this, I miss it a lot. A concert level pianist only gets to Carnegie hall by thousands of hours beaten on their craft, being able to dissect issues with one player or replicate another's great performances so to speak, can be invaluable.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Think the last patch EQ patch broke something, many pets/NPCs are now being flagged as TrackedPlayers, deleting the gamparse ini files or removing the bad entries doesn't seem to fix the issue. Multiple people in the guild reporting same problem.

Beimeith pls.
  14. Aelen Augur

Might be the changes to how some of the text works. I've seen the problem in Vim+Vigor and Emollious.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Pre last EQ patch:
    01/15/17 06:52:02 PM Misfit says 'My leader is Raegun.'

Post last EQ patch:
    [Sun Jan 22 18:09:56 2017] Misfit says, 'My leader is Raegun.'

Same problem as a significant number of gina emotes no longer working. I'm guessing this seemingly minor change is going to wreak some serious havoc on a number of things ;)
    Sancus and Nudia like this.
  16. Nudia Augur

It's an easy fix, but was pretty funny to listen to the complaints every time we ran into a trigger that no longer worked. A+, I hope they fix more of this type of issue in the future. Commas are love, commas are life.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Branntick Augur

Needlessly juggling syntax is exactly what EQ needs.
    Slippry likes this.
  18. drinkdrpepper New Member

don't know if it has been mentioned but the ability to pick 2 completed fights and being able to highlight everything in between those 2 points with a key shortcut or something would be nice for combining raid events rather than highlighting everything and then manually adding or subtracting mobs by using control left click
  19. Xikteny Augur

You can already do that. Shift + Click.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

Highlight Completed Fight 1
    Hold Shift
    Click Completed Fight 2

Should highlight everything in between. The only way to deselect an undesired entry in those is to then ctrl left click them out.

Not sure if that is exactly what you meant or not.