GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :)
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Can GamParse load two files and combing the one fight? So, I think I have my files being archived using GINA,
    what settings should i using to keep most of my fights in one log file.
    I think I changed the value too low and now most of my fights are in two flies some times.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

no.

Log files get big quickly in current EQ, and larger log files slow things down. I recommend backing up your log file (with GamParse) around 500 MB max. It will work with larger files of course, that's just a recommendation.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Holy cow, they don't grow THAT fast, do they? Biggest one I have is 176MB, and that was for just over a month, when I was playing a LOT.

How small is Larth making his log files, if a fight doesn't even fit in one file? Even something small (like 10MB) should be enough for at least several days.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It depends if you're parsing just yourself, if you're playing a TON...
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've helped a number of people who turned /log on and didn't realize it would never stop growing. They started complaining that EQ was so slow and lagging.

One person on a raid would see the boss still at 12% health after the rest of us were congratulating on killing it. Their log file turned out to be 2 GB in size.

True, it did take a while to get to that size. :p
  7. Xorsazis Augur

I must be the oddball, but I let mine get to around 4.5 GB before I deleted it. Never had lag, just was looking at saving HD space one time and saw a 4.5 GB file in the EQ directory, along with another 2.5 GB and a few 1 GB files from alts/bots. Deleted all the log files that day and reclaimed around 10 or so GB of space.

I want to one day start a new toon and just let the log file go until I get it to max level and AA and see how big the logfile gets.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update to .70 - Redownload from link in the first post.

Changes:

-Added several new damage tags for riposte and strikethrough and a few other archery related ones that were missing.
    -Adjusted how "Specials" (the codes for Veteran AAs and Glyphs etc.) are processed to speed it up.
    -Added a special code "D" for Glyph of Dragon Scales.
    -Using Page Up/Down while holding Shift on the Fight Nav will properly allow the selected fights to be combined.

Please update to this version, especially if you are on Test.
  9. Febb Augur

I've had log files in excess of several gigs because I log everything and full raids can log a ton just in one night. So yes, log files can get large very quickly.
  10. Duder Augur

I downloaded the most recent update today while servers are down and attempted to load parses from last night to take a look. I found that load last hour, 6 hours, resulted in 0 mobs listed on fights list. I could still search the log and see lines of interaction with npcs via dmg and the likes. Load last 5mb worked just fine.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It does not work the way you think it does.

The time based loads work based on the current system time, not the time in the log.

If the current system time is 1 PM, loading the last hour will load everything in the log from 12PM to 1PM. If the last data in the log was from 6 AM, it will show nothing.
  12. Duder Augur

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sorry if this has been asked, I didn't search all 8 pages: Is there a way to toggle on and off procs under spells and discs tab? I don't see an obvious setting. Thanks :)
  14. Brohg Augur

There's nothing in log lines to differentiate what fits your "proc" heuristic from other effects.
  15. TheDesthin New Member

Is it just me or is the Specials Column not working in the Overview Tab?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It works as far as I can tell.

That said, cold nukes aren't being read (it was looking for "ice" instead of "cold") and there are several melee related tags that need to be added.

I'll have an update later tonight.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

My bad, you are partially correct. If players are combined with pets the specials aren't showing. Likely this is a result of my redoing how they are processed. I'll fix it for update later tonight.

In the mean time you can split pets from players and the special column should show correctly if you really need to see it.
  18. TheDesthin New Member

This partially worked, I haven't tested it with all of the specials, but it doesn't seem to be picking up deaths during battle as of now. (not that I really need this information, but wanted to let you know)
  19. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I'm sure the new patch messed up many things, but I noticed tonight that Beastlord alliance procs weren't being registered anymore. Looking at my logs, they changed the wording on that spell when it is triggered with this patch.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Are you using 2.0.0.70?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.