GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I know it's been a complication as a result of the changes to pet responses, but I would like to be able to manually enter my pets name again. It seems that every so often gamparse picks up my pets name (which is unique, and does not exist as a character name on my server) it stops tracking it as my pet, and tracks it as a player instead.

Closing gamparse, and manually editing the ini fixes it for a while but it reverts back.
  2. Szilent Augur

what is your pet doing that is playerish?
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Couple things:

1) An "Efficiency" column has already been added for the next update, which is Actual Heal / Full Heal and is basically what you seem to be looking for.

2) Descriptions of what each column does (tooltips when you hover over the column name) have already been added for the next update.

3) AH=0, AH>=1, and AH=FH were all things that were requested by healers when I originally asked for what information they felt was relevant to them:

• AH=0 is essentially, how many of your heals were completely wasted and did nothing?
    • AH>=1 is essentially, how many of your heals actually accomplished something?
    • Ah=FH is essentially, how many of your heals landed for the full amount?
    All of these are valid and useful questions to ask, even if they don't interest you personally. I am always open to suggestions for other info to display if you have requests (though I make no promises about adding them).
    4) Many of the "raw data" columns that display count numbers are going to be hidden by default, though options will exist to show them.
    What I mean by this are things like the count columns for AH=0, AH>=1, AH=FH will no longer show by default, only the percentage columns. This applies to the other breakdowns (damage/tanking) as well as healing.
    This is mainly to prevent information overload when there are dozens of different items that are possible to display.
    Mithra, Zipe and Szilent like this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Identifying and fixing whatever is causing the pet to read as a player in the first place is the real solution because that will cause problems even with a manual pet entry option.

Are you using the current version (2.0.0.98)? I'm not aware of any specific issues causing pets to read as players in that version.

If it continues to happen even with .98, you can send me a log file that causes the problem and i can look into the cause.
  5. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

This thing been in beta longer than pantheon been in alpha :)
    Xanathol and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Since Beimeith works for free, he can leave it in beta for as long as he wants. No one forcing you to use or preventing you from writing your own parser.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

At least you can actually use mine.
    SunDrake, Winnowyl and Nennius like this.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Aye, .98. I'm not sure yet what causes it. I'm keeping an eye on it every day, if it happens again I'll send the info your way.
  9. Evurkvest Augur

This!

I havent had pet linking working for a long time including the 98 beta. It was/is? possible to fix this by editing TrackedPlayer, TrackedPet and LinkedPets but as soon i restart Gamparse the pet is unlinked again. I dont raid/play with anyone that has the same name as the pet and /pet leader seem to do nothing for Gamparse anymore? For me pet linking never works, i can send you logs if you want but i cant pick out a situation when it failed or did not.

I appreciate the work you are doing to this program!
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Funny thing I have been seeing is pet's names as players yet the player that the pet belongs too isn't even showing up in the parse.

Was grouped with a shaman last night & using the "check log for new fights" option to see the active damage/dps overlay I could see his pet but not him, went into gamparse & couldn't add his pet to him because he wan't there on the parse or the player-name drop-down menu, he was dotting slowing & nuking yet no sign of him in gamparse, just his pet.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

To be seen as a player you have to do something only a player can do. Talking in /guild /raid /fellowship etc. sending a tell, doing a /who and other things are all ways it uses to detect who is a player.

The only way it will misidentify a pet as a player is if:

1) There is an actual player with the same name.
    2) The pet did something that only a player should be able to do.

When they changed tells a few patches ago the pet tells you get became the same format as player tells, so it broke some things, but that should be fixed now.

Setting the pet manually is NOT a solution to this problem.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Try this:

Do a settings reset, then do a full load of your current logfile. If it still reads your pet as a player, then send me the log and ill look and find out what's going on.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay that helped, the Shaman's pet was still showing up like it was a player so was teh actual shaman it belonged to this time, I was then able to link it as a pet to it's owner.

So as of now that issue looks resolved, will make a note of that if it happens in future.
  14. svann Augur

I havent used melee mercs much in the past. Wanted to parse my a_lizardman_brawler, but he isnt showing in my gamparse. Is there a setting for that? I know when I first pulled him out the other day someone told me he was parsing high so it must be doable. Just downloaded latest version so I know thats not it.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Were you in melee range? Mercs parse exactly the same as a player so it should show up normally and it does as far as I can tell.
  16. Szilent Augur

mercenaries aren't pets, you have to set your in-game filters to see Others Melee
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I know in my case it's not a situation of another player having the same name as my pet....because I have a character that is my pet's name on the same account. I never login that character, it has 30 seconds of playtime.

I've reset the .ini and parsed the same logfiles that originally combined the pet appropriately, and later switched to not combining them. In all of those cases, resetting the .ini fixed it for a few days and I would notice it went back to thinking my pet was a player.

Noticed it again today. The same play session that started off with the pet being combined into my output, at some point switched to not being combined. I reset the .ini, and it went back to the intended behavior.

Not worried about it. With these sorts of intermittent issues with software I just accept the quirkiness and get on with my day. Can't see anything that happens in any of the logs that triggers it.
  18. svann Augur

Ok nm. I guess my merc was bugged and not actually fighting. Picking him up now.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you have a specific log / fight that can reproduce the problem every time and you are willing to send it to me i can look and find out where the problem is coming from. If you are willing send me a PM and ill explain how to send it.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I've played around with writing my own parser.

Parsing a log line is easy, and not much work at all.

Taking those parsed log lines and turning them into numbers is also easy.

But it is a bucket load of work to turn them into useful numbers.

Sometimes I parse my own logs for things with a quick perl script and even that is never truly quick.
    Digging what I want out of a log file could take an hour if I want to do math vs just grepping a file.

Thank you Beimeith for continuing with Gamparse. You save me at least half an hour a week.

Edit: Oh, while I'm here. Feature request. Log search. Before+After lines.
    Being able to see the few lines of log before or after something you're searching for would be very useful.

grep -A -B is basically what I'm asking for.
    Ssdar and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.