GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deloehne Augur

2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can most likely do that. I'm currently working on the spells tab right now anyway.

On that note, I've finally, for real real this time, fixed the issue with spells showing weird in the bottom box as well as a few other things such as "yourself" showing when you nuke yourself (that's new, it used to use gender like him/her/it self) and I changed the time filters on the search tab to be between two dates (similar to how searching in GINA works) as well as cleaned up the search code a little more.

Update should be soon-ish.

(Note that there is still a much bigger update in progress, but I don't want you guys to think im doing nothing while I work on that so I'm putting out smaller ones as I do that).

You'll also all be happy to know that I've turned off the auto-reset of the settings file for now. I still prefer having it that way for test versions, but I haven't changed anything relating to settings in a while at this point, and I don't expect to in the near future so it should be ok to leave them alone.
    Ssdar, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Sancus like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Beimeith, as always, I appreciate all you're doing. Thank you.
    Beimeith and Endaar like this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update 2.0.0.83 - Redownload from first post.

-Changed Time filters on the Search Tab to be between two dates (like GINA search). Default is last 24 hours from the time GP is started.
    -Fix for "yourself" appearing as an opponent.
    -Fix for error when exporting fight to text file.
    -Fix (for real real) for errors with parsing new interrupt messages.
    -Fix for some spells not being added correctly to fights.
    -Fix for some incorrect times being listed for DPS.
    -Disabled (for now) the resetting of settings files on update. May be reenabled for future beta updates if deemed needed.

Please pay attention to the changes to the search tab and for incorrect times being listed for individual fights and let me know if you find any problems.
    Zunnoab and Sancus like this.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Thanks for the amazing work.
    Beimeith likes this.
  6. Coridila New Member

I noticed this issue in .81 (not sure if it started there) and it still persists in .83. Fighting a specific mob (Repair for Pieces) results in damage not showing correctly. It does not seem to parse any Melee damage from the fight. It does parse dots and direct damage, it just ignores melee. I have the fight logs if you would like to review them.

https://i.imgur.com/SNTy0RO.png
    Derka likes this.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

I 2nd this and tried to update to .83 this morning thinking it would fix(link only gave me .81). Still have issues not reporting shoot, pierce and slash damage on Repair for Pieces
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

First off Beimeith thanks for all your work!

I do use the data that GamParse generates to do some additional deep dives for my guild.

Up to v2.0.0.77 BETA you were putting a blank line between casters in the "Export to Forum" spell dump.

Combined: General Reparm on 4/28/2019

A throne guardian - 16
    --- Lava Spittle - 16

Caster ### - XXX

Starting with v2.0.0.81 BETA this blank line was removed.
    Combined: General Reparm on 4/28/2019

A throne guardian - 16
    --- Lava Spittle - 16
    Caster ### - XXX

Was this intended?

If you made this change to help with the development of GamParse, I will go back in and change how I process that data. If this was not required, is there anyway you can revert back to the old method?

Thanks in advance

Eya
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you can send me the log I can check it out, otherwise you'll have to wait until I can spawn it for myself. (You can send me a log by typing !sendlog in the search box on the search tab. You'll get a confirmation once it's done).

This is usually caused by the hit box of a mob being too large, but I'm guessing that this isn't the case here?

Clear your browser cache.

Not an intended change. However, that whole tab is in the process of being redesigned, especially that box so it will be changing soon again.
  10. Coridila New Member

Yeah, it shows in the log, just not on the parse. I sent a few of them.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It doesn't like the "for" in the name. Should be easy enough to fix, I think.

[Fri May 10 19:40:17 2019] You pierce Repair for Pieces for 57714 points of damage. (Lucky Critical Flurry)
    It was reading the " for " in "Repair for Pieces" and thinking it was the " for " in front of the 57714, which was causing a mismatch and it was being ignored.
    Coridila likes this.
  12. RainbowTest Augur

I cannot seem to get the tanking summary to show up ever since installing the beta. I've searched through the settings and even the settings file. What am I missing. In the older version there was a threshold you had to set but that setting does not appear now.
  13. Nagamitsu New Member

I'm trying to get some parses for Runic procs. The proc heals for 80 damage and absorbs 100 damage.

[Sat May 18 16:20:26 2019] A light shimmer of runes surrounds you. You healed Elazul for 80 hit points by Runic.
    [Sat May 18 16:20:28 2019] The shimmer of runes fades.
    [Sat May 18 16:20:28 2019] Vyzh`dra the Cursed bashes YOU for 282 points of damage.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That setting is now under advanced options.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm not sure what you're asking here.
  16. Nagamitsu New Member

I want to parse how often Runic is procing and how much damage it is absorbing. Currently the parser doesn't track this. Is there any way to get this added?
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's not something I'm going to do.

You will be able to get a count of how many times it proced based on the heal message when the heal breakdown is added, but there is no way to tell you how much damage it absorbed because eq doesn't log that information. Though, given that it only absorbs 100 damage it is probably safe to say it is almost always totally used up before it procs again, so if it procs 20 times it probably absorbed 2k.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update 2.0.0.87* - Redownload from the first post.

-Direct Damage against yourself is now parsed*
    -Changed default Start and End times on the Search Tab to be Jan 1, 1999 and Jan 1, 2100.
    -Rewrote some code related to parsing Parcels. (Should see no change).
    -Rewrote some code related to parsing Damage Tags. (Should see no change).
    -Fix for DoTNames ending with a space.
    -Rewrote code for DoT parsing. It should now be better at detecting when to parse DoTs using the old style vs new style. (Should see no change).**
    -Fix for loading bar giving incorrect time estimates when doing a partial load.
    -Fix for Heal Overview filling up multiple times if you clicked the Combine Fight button multiple times.
    -Fix for the New Breakdown and DD Breakdown Tabs not resetting when loading a new file.
    -Fix for Graph Players dropdown not setting sort properly in some cases.
    -Graphs should now correctly combine Player+Pet damage together when selected.
    -Added a SDPS line graph.
    -Adjusted the location of the version info on Graphs down slightly to be more legible.
    -Fix for Avg DPS graph marking the same number multiple times.
    -Fix for Melee Damage not reporting for NPCs with " for " in their name.
    -Temporarily enabled parsing Bane damage.***
    -Added an Option under Settings > Advanced Options for setting the server type. Default is "Official" with an option to change to "Custom". This setting applies to people parsing on Custom Servers (like P99) ONLY. All it does is tell GamParse to parse DoTs (and soon Heals) using old-style log messages instead of new style. You should never change this when playing on a DBG owned server.

*Direct Damage against yourself doesn't specify who did the damage. Because of this it is added to every fight currently in progress, the same as spell casts and heals. What this means is if you are fighting Mob_A and Mob_B at the same time and Mob_A nukes you, it will show (on Tanking Tab) that you took damage for both Fight_A and Fight_B, because there is no way to tell that it was only Mob_A that nuked you.

Note also that that GP will NOT actually attribute the damage TO Mob_A (or Mob_B) because it doesn't actually know that they did the damage. All it will do is count the damage against you for tanking purposes. This means that if you are fighting Mob_A and Mob_B, and you *nuke yourself* it will still be added to Fight_A and Fight_B, because you still took damage while those fights were in progress even if it was not the mobs that nuked you.

**DoT damage messages changed with the TBL patch and the two different styles are incompatible. The way I previously dealt with this was to hardcode a date for the change but for several reasons this was not a good way to handle it. The way it works now should, in theory, allow GP to detect on it's own which version to parse as and if a log file contains both old and new style it should be able to switch from old to new without causing errors. A similar fix for Heals is in progress.

***Bane damage messages will eventually be separate from normal damage. For now however they are combined with normal damage just to ensure it is being parsed correctly.

NOTE: This post originally was for 2.0.0.86, but I found a small problem which I fixed and have updated to 2.0.0.87. This is the version you should all be using now.
    Sancus and Tarvas like this.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believe I've fixed this (left-click + drag) as well as "control + a" selection methods. If there are any others people are having issue with let me know.

Note: the above isn't in 2.0.0.87 I posted. It's for the next update.
  20. Ibudin Augur

Good morning Beimeith.

Noticed this weekend, when using alliance it would attribute all my alliance DPS done on an encounter to "You", and not totalize it in the characters name space. However others in my class on the parse, they had alliance attributed to their name.

This may of been covered before, was wondering if you had seen this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.