GamParse 1.6.0.X Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Backup log files are compressed as .gz by both GamParse and Gina. This reduces file size by a factor of about 10. Gamparse will open these files without you having to uncompress them yourself.

The list stores the last 10 logs you've opened, .txt and .gz for all options other than "monitor" (the bottom of the list) which stores the last 10 .txt files since you cannot by definition monitor a .gz file for new information.

There was never an old "open new" option that is now gone. The options themselves haven't changed at all in several iterations. All that was changed what that each option now has access to the same Last 10 list that before was stored as a separate entry at the bottom.

To open a new file you click the same button you always did before.
  2. Fintank Augur

Is it possible for you to add back some of the old graph functionality? It seems the Charts tab has replaced the Graphs section. I used the Graph section a lot for checking on Alliance fulminations. Or perhaps I am missing how to do that in the current version, I've snooped around in it and can't seem to find what I want. Basically in the old graph format I could sort Direct Damage hits then go to non-crit to find all the Fulminations which was helpful. Is it possible to add this to the new graphing format (Charts) or is it already there and I have neglected something?
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

[IMG]
    Non-crit for reference. I still need to adjust the title to show whether it's crit/non-crit or both.

I've also enabled zooming on some of the graphs.

Normal graph:
    [IMG]

Zoomed into the lower right corner:
    [IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I added in a check to allow for turning overlays on and off in-game. You need to send yourself a special tell as follows:

{gamparse.overlay.TYPE.ON/OFF}

Brackets are included. Note that this only works via TELL and only if you tell yourself.

Specifically:

[tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.1.off}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.1.on}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.2.off}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.2.on}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.dps.off} (dps = both fights 1 and 2)
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.dps.on}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.tanking.off}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.tanking.on}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.completed.off}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.completed.on}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.all.off}
    [tell Beimeith {gamparse.overlay.all.on}

Replace my name with yours. Also, only 1 per line.
  6. Leigo You come here often?

Some pets still showing up as players. Pwning is the BST pet.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Leigo You come here often?

Forgot to add, Beta didn't have this issue.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The reason the pet isn't showing as a pet, is because GamParse thinks it's a player.

From your settings file:

The reason it thinks it is a player is because someone named "Pwning" was talking in guild chat.

GamParse uses most chat channels (fixed & player-made) to identify who is a player.

When I remove the chat from the log you sent me and reload it, Pwning becomes Anzo's pet.

I also fixed Beastlord pets showing up as Beastlord for class. It should work properly next update.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

Ugh its that dang talk through pet ability..
    anyway to stop this? he's like the only bst in the game that uses this ability, but it annoys the hell outa me
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not easily. I'd either have to stop using chat to identify players (I'm not because of 1 guy) or you will have to manually go through your logs and remove the pet talking AND reset your settings file, then reload the log.

Or just tell the guy to stop using talk through pet because it's screwing with the parses.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just returned to EQ, and am having trouble with GamParse (latest version). It's ingesting my log, but doesn't show any fights when the ingestion is done. I did move out the log, and then generate a new log with some new fights, and still the same issue. Any ideas?
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I recently (not sure why) had the overlay jump up on my screen.

Easy enough to turn off, I parse after events, I personally don't want the overly.

If you choose to change settings for this again, an on/off dialog would be nice to have.

I'd suggest some sorta boolean in the save settings of a choice.

Anyway, minor annoyance, and thank you for maintaining it.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Ugh, and I do type better than that. Updating posts before I finish my thoughts makes it bad. I assume you understand what I was asking for though.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Oh... Feature request:

Text search, group by and count.

Example droga raid:

Search for the phrase about who nuked the boss at the end (sorry, not sure on exact text here)

The Incarnate Droga is struck by

With this box checked instead of a big list would return:

The incarnate of droga is struck by badboy1 26
    The incarnate of droga is struck by clericwithinterventions 2
    The incarnate of droga is struck by sortabadboy1 3
    The incarnate of droga is struck by badboy2 13
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=195461.0
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I change the default settings every so often for various reasons, usually because I've added or changed functionality.

Settings are saved in a settings file, but major version changes reset this on purpose. I can also force a settings reset with an update if I find something causing errors that needs to be forceably cleared.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm not going to do that.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

19. svann Augur

I strongly suggest people do not use the overlay to see their dps during the fight.
    If you want to analyze your dps do it after the fight.
    I see no valid reason to keep your eye on the parse while the event is ongoing, and can only imagine that anyone that does it is just distracting themselves from correct mechanics.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

Lol it's not a huge problem since you showed me how to edit the settings.
    Though an issue I am having is linked pets on settings are not staying saved. With the exception of 3.. I find it quite odd. Not a big deal but I have manually added and saved them only to reset next time I start up my PC.