GamParse 1.6.0.X Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jun 19, 2018.

1. qweasy Augur

Double bow damage and crits are completely different things.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You'll have to give me an example. As in, a log file. Or at least the relevant lines from a log file.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Hrm, you're right, I misunderstood what it was.

So, for the next update I'd added DoubleShot as a separate attack type from "Shoot"

Double Bow Shots will now parse separately as "DoubleShot" rather than "Shoot"

This should allow you to see how many doubles you're getting vs singles.
  4. Brohg Augur

/GU Combat Dummy Dena in 31s, 1118k @36049 | Leeni 1118k

/GU Decay Effect III [Damage: 1117230] [%Damage: 100.0] [%Total Damage: 100.0] [DPS: 36,039.7] [DDPS: 20313] [Hits: 10] [Duration: 28] [Min: 111723] [Avg: 111723] [Max: 111723]
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That is most definitely NOT what I asked for:

6. Brohg Augur

is the bug not clear from that? 1118k damage in in 30s? the only source of damage in the entire fight reporting different DPS and DDPS? here you go:

[Wed Aug 08 16:51:35 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:38 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:41 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:44 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:47 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:50 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:53 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:56 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:51:59 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
    [Wed Aug 08 16:52:02 2018] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 111723 damage from your Decay Effect III.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Thanks.

I need an example to see why it's parsing wrong and to test fixes.

Is this the only DoT spell that use half-ticks?

Oh, that's not even a proper DoT. It's an aura. Hrm.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I changed it to count decay effect as a DD which is what it really is.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

[IMG]
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, Leigo, I modified the location check to something better, so it shouldn't relocate unless it's really, really off the screen. It will be in the update.
  11. strongbus Augur

i like the new charts. but something is missing. or I am not seeing it. the current live verson show max dps/damage/avg dps on hte charts. don't see it on beta.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I did as much as I could with the new graphing system, but I wasn't able to get everything I wanted done before the patch today. The hit graphs, tanking, and healing aren't yet added, but should be soon(tm).

That said, I did push it live, so please update via eqresource.

You can continue to let me know about any issues you run into here and I'll try and get it fixed as quickly as I can. There was a huge amount of changes in this update so I expect something is broken somewhere.
    gotwar likes this.
  13. GoneFission Augur

Beimeith, if I'm going to parse a three-box, do I need logs recorded on each EQ instance, or just one toon logging?
  14. Evurkvest Augur

Feature request:

Possibility see non-melee dps by "cast on" message, i.e:

Code:
    is struck by corruption.        999 dps
    is frozen by an icy blast.      888 dps
    is struck by ice.               777 dps
    etc...
    Useful for seeing dps from procs.

Thx for DoT breakdown in latest version, really nice feature!
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Procs report as non-melee damage, which is already parsed.
  17. Evurkvest Augur

Yes, but im most cases you can connect a "cast on" message to a specific proc or spell. Very useful!
  18. svann Augur

Depends on where you are standing. Gamparse can only parse stuff if eq reports it to the client, and that is dependent on where you are standing in relation to the mob and to the person doing the damage. IIRC other people's nukes are reported close to the caster and dots are reported close to the mob. (or vice verse?)

OTOH, all damage done is reported to the character that did the damage (regardless of where he is) so a parse on his machine will be most accurate for his damage. So in general you want a separate parse for each character.
  19. Sancus Augur

This isn't true for pet damage. It only reports at the mob, so it's entirely possible to be out of range of your own pet damage.
  20. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Could be a little more intuitive about opening new log files. The only logs I can see to open are characters I have had in with logs on since downloading the new version of GamParse. I also have many many many segmented logs that are in backup. These backups will never register in the quick menu since they'll never be "live" again. I'll likely not access any of them except for historical research, so could there potentially be an X to the right of each listing to remove the cache, similar to email addresses you have sent to in Outlook? This will save a lot of space with 1 off log access over time.

It took a while and maybe an accidental click to realize to load a new file you click on the UI Dropdown element itself, and that the old "open new" is gone.
    kizant likes this.