GamParse 1.6.0.X Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking? To make the text smaller? (That wouldn't do anything).

To reduce the width of the lines? You can already do that somewhat by turning off some of the options like the percentage at the end which really doesn't tell you anything important. It is ordered by total damage so realistically you could turn off DPS/SDPS displaying as well and just have the total damage.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So a question for you guys:

The new graphs aren't limited in how many characters they display like the older ones which are limited to 15 I think.

Old graph:
    [IMG]

Maximized window on a 4k monitor:

[IMG]

Now here is the exact same graph, but using the new graphs:

[IMG]

It displays ALL characters that did more than 0 damage (51 in this graph). It also shows if they used specials (Vet rewards, Glyphs, etc.)

However, the problem is that it is a bit squished when GamParse is the standard window size. If you maximize the window, the graphs become more readable. Here is the same graph with a maximized window on a 4k screen:

[IMG]

So, my question is this:

Should I leave the new graphs as they are, and if you don't want them squished you just make the window bigger? Or should I limit the number of characters displayed? I'm leaning towards making it optional with a dropdown box in increments of 5 or 10, but I don't know if that is really necessary.

Thoughts?
  3. Ibudin Augur

Thanks Beimeith for all you do. That was nice of you to reach out and help me get that working again.
    Much appreciated.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Since I know how much you guys love graphs, here is the pie graphs:

[IMG]

And a single character:

[IMG]

Currently only DoTs use the pie graph, but I'm slowly incorporating more things. It's just a matter of getting the formatting right for each style and type.
    Sancus and Nniki like this.
  5. Adonhiram Augur

Got me :) Have you thought of the earth pet if casters turn spellhold on, what happens if the pet type gets undetected ?
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Then the class box for the pet is left blank, the same as it did before.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  7. Belkar_OotS Augur

I am mostly concerned about the vertical footprint. If I could reduce that dimension by 25% that would be helpful. So to fit the top 20 into the same space as the top 15 would be great for me. If the later posts are related I am okay with smaller text since I usually can recognize common names in my guild.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A few more changes. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.7

Changes:

Excluded "Hemocoraxius' Pandemic" from DoT Breakdown as it is a trigger spell and not a proper DoT.
    -The Live Overlays will now properly use the correct class (if known) for players who have pets when class display option is used.
    -Live Overlays will now always display the player (like normal) when the class display option is used.
    -Live Fight Tab should now properly display the correct class (if known) for players who have pets.
    -Added display of specials to bar graph labels.
    -Prevent a few errors on custom server class titles.

Note: Given that the settings file resets with each update, if you want to give it as much learning as possible (for player->class and pet->owner associations) I would suggest loading your entire log the first time. After that you can load smaller amounts or just do monitor.

Please let me know of any problems.
    kizant likes this.
  9. strongbus Augur

don't know if it been ask but having healers in guild want to know if you could do for healing like you do for dps. ie a tab that give them all their heal info(heal amount/types/max/min)
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I could make one, but it wouldn't be very good because there isn't enough information available in the log. Only the person being healed sees both the true heal value and the actual heal value. Until that changes making a more in-depth heal analysis is mostly pointless.
  11. Jetslam Augur

What do you mean by this?

As far as I know, if I heal someone, I see both values as do they. We're the only two though, and I can't see how much others heal someone for.

Given how limited the heal log entries are though, there's not much more that can be done right now. I'd love for them to expand on the healing and allow it to report more information.
  12. Nniki Augur

Healer sees:

You have healed Player for # points. <-- adjustment value

Recipient sees:

Player has healed you for # points. <-- adjustment value
    You have been healed for # points. <-- potential value

This is, of course, excluding exceptional heals, which have separate, additional messages.
    Beimeith likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nniki is correct.

The problem is that each message is half of the whole picture, and only parsing one gives a skewed view of what you're doing.

I've been bugging the devs to make both heal values public to everyone for years. I can't say if they ever will or not, but they did (finally) make some other hidden values visible like damage shields, archery, and pet procs, so hope springs eternal heals will too.
  14. Brohg Augur

Yeahhh, if I could just have you talk them into zone-wide reporting range for pet/group/raid battling while you're at it, Beimeith? That'd be great.

my 1999 meme game is strong
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Apparently reporting range is based on the zone and not the NPCs themselves, or something equally stupid like that, so don't get your hopes up. I keep trying though.
  16. Ghazghul Journeyman

How do you get it to reflect ranged dmg (bows) specifically. I have fiddled with a few settings but never picks up ranged stuff.
    Thanks
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There are no settings in GamParse that affect the range. In EQ you simply need to be near the NPC being attacked (or for DoTs, the caster) to pick up the damage. You also need to make sure that everything is turned on in your EQ Options > Chat filters. If you turn stuff off there then it won't show in the log either and can't be parsed.
  18. Jetslam Augur

I don't think that the current situation is skewing anything. Performance should never be based on potential healing. You should be using cast counts to check performance in addition to actual tank parses.

If they do end up showing messages for anyone healing anyone, it'll be interesting to see how you implement that many to many relationship.

I guess just having a list of everyone that was healed and when you click on them it shows how they healed similar to how the self-parse displays now would work.

A few years back, there was a guy in ROTE that created an application that live-parsed everyone and reported it back to everyone. So that it showed me in real time what others were self-heal parsing. It was always fun stomping everyone on the heal parse from splashes. Clerics couldn't compete ;)

Any way to get gamparse do something similar using a server that we would report to and then it would send that to others in the same "channel"?
  19. Sancus Augur

Not really a bug, but could this be placed somewhere other than Live Overlay Settings? Given it affects multiple things, General is probably the best place. I first noticed this when my output to EQ changed, and that seemed the least likely of the four settings windows to contain the settings.

Now that I know it isn't a big deal, but I've had to help a couple other people find that setting on the beta as well. It probably isn't the most intuitive place.
    Brohg likes this.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

@ Sancus

Several places that rounded to the thousands place were hardcoded to do so and weren't affected by the options at all. When I went through it to add the option for millions, I redid it for the thousands rounded to obey your preferences. Since the original option for that was for the live overlays, I just kept it there. That said, I can always move it. I do want to avoid putting everything into one place though. I may need to reevaluate which window has what though.

@jetsam

As I said, all of the information is important. But only taken in context. Cast counts on their own are just as worthless as overheals or actual heals without context. You could stand around healing yourself 100 times just to pads cast counts (I know people who did this) and it would look like you're playing hard when you're being a shitter.

I have a few ideas how it might look if they ever add in heals for everyone. But it really depends how they do it. I've given them suggestions what I'd like to see (includes heal and overheal, spell name and if it's a critical) but whether they do all or part of it is on them.

Combined parses aren't going to happen. Ever. It's the epic 3.0 situation for gamparse, basically. It simply isn't made for it, and I have neither the time nor inclination to complet Ely rewrite it all, as much as I'd like to for various reasons.