GamParse 1.6.0.X Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've uploaded the changes I've mentioned so far. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.1

Changes:

-Added check if the window is out of bounds on the left or top of the screen.
    -Fixed column sorting for columns that have decimal numbers in them.
    -Fixed elements not resizing/moving properly on the DoT Breakdown Tab.

Any other problems, issues or suggestions you have please let me know.

Note: As I said in the first post, each update will forcefully reset all options to default. I realize that it's annoying, but if there is a bad setting somewhere I need to be sure it won't carry over.
  2. Sancus Augur

Looks like 1.6.0.1 is still sorting DDPS incorrectly, but DPS is fixed (as is resizing). DDPS doesn't have decimals displayed, but sorting highest to lowest gives 5372, 5156, 51330, 4216, 31844, etc:
    [IMG]
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

DDPS column was set to the wrong sort method, oops. Fixed for .2
    kizant and Sancus like this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Small note, (thanks Sancus for asking the question), the auto linking of pets only works if you use the /pet who leader command. Manually linking a pet to a player from the Overview Tab will NOT add them to the auto-linking.

Another note:

I forgot I enabled pet-type detection. It will assign a class to known pettypes if it can:

MageWater
    MageFire
    MageEarth
    MageAir
    BeastPet
    NecroPet
    Adonhiram likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've uploaded the changes I've mentioned so far. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.2

Changes:

-Prevent Reverse DS from counting as a pet, or being assigned a pet.
    -Fix DDPS column sort type.
    -Added a few spells to identify classes for L75 era.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Is there an export format where it could reported in k for thousands and M for millions, for added readability.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You'll need to be more specific.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

For example, I shared the text below in my guild’s fora:

June 16th 2018 - 980s, Ibliz + pets 215 M @ 219 K sdps (223 K dps in 962s)
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So you are saying it does or does not show for millions?
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've made a few changes. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.3

Changes:

-Add option to use class names for Live overlay. Settings > Live Overlay > Use Class Names
    -Detect specials (veteran rewards, glyphs, etc.) cast up to 10 seconds before fight start.
    -Pasting to EQ will respect options to round to thousands / millions.

Please let me know of any problems.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

It show a long form, like 215234567@219345sdps, which I manually change to 215 M @ 219 k. I was wondering if this could be made an option, if it isn’t already.

:)
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It is as of the above post. Try it and see
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A few changes. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.4

Changes:

-Rage of the Founder damage will attribute to Harfange the Black.
    -Gamparse should now remember what classes players are without having to relearn each time it is started. (Saves and loads them from the save file).

Note: Given that the settings file resets with each update, if you want to give it as much learning as possible (for player->class and pet->owner associations) I would suggest loading your entire log the first time. After that you can load smaller amounts or just do monitor.

14. IblisTheMage Augur

Thanks, I really like the "m" upgrade in the export function.

I would suggest that where a number is displayed, a comma is inserted for every 3 digits.

Loaded a very large file successfully (772 MB).
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I love the changes showing m for millions. (Nevermind! Found the setting I was suggesting) :)
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You can adjust the threshold via Settings > Live Overlay > Round to millions after

Options are 10 million, 100 million (default) and 1 billion

Likewise you can adjust when to round to thousands.

Options are 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 (default) and 1 million.
  17. Adonhiram Augur

Hello Beimeith, thank you very much for your work over the years, it's awesome you resume the improvement to Gamparse. We are all very grateful :)

About pets, and more specifically mage pets, I think the way to differentiate them is to make the parser recognize the pet spell proc and, in the particular case of the water pet, to monitor if a pet backstabs.

This will work fine with air pet, fire pet, water pet - if you need me to make a list, I'll happily contribute to your data and make a text document with all of those infos, the good thing is the spell emote visible to others (as 'mob X is stunned by a gust of air') as well as the pet cast emote visible for the mage (as 'Superpet casts <Air Elemental Strike #N>') being the same whatever level or focus, only the rank of the spell (the #N) changes.

The problem I see with this method is when the mage has /petnocast on, id est when the Spellhold mode is on which prevents the pet from casting. Some mages -well, I do in OoW era on a progression server- will turn spells off for the earth pet to prevent it rooting, as it usually doesn't help at all. In later eras, but I don't know if it is still true on live nowadays, some mages would also turn Spellhold on for the water pet because there were some parsings (there was a long debate on mage forums around 2006-2008 about that topic) suggesting that the proc cycle resets the backstab cycle, so turning spells off would yield more backstabs in the long run.

Practically, it would not be an obstacle to detect the water pet as the parser can look for "backstabs", whatever weapon a water pet is holding, the game will display backstabs as "backstabs for Y". However, the person parsing needs to avoid using the abbreviate numbers but I suppose this is obvious. This leaves the earth pet as possible misdetected or undetected pet type if the owner of the pet turns Spellhold mode on.

If I can help you in any way with mage pets, feel free to pm me, but as a reminder I play on a progression server in OoW era, and I have no knowledge of live past House of Thule era, so I don't know about pet specific mechanisms which would come later in the game and help identify the pet type.

Anyhow, good luck and thank you very much for your incredible work !
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It already looks at what spells pets cast. That's how I set it up in the first place. I was just telling you I turned it on (I actually added it a long time ago, like a year+ but it's been disabled) not asking for help to do it ;)
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A few more changes. You can redownload from the link in the first post.

Current: 1.6.0.6 (No, I didn't skip .5, I just didn't post it).

Changes:

-Increased pre-fight special detection from 10 -> 15 seconds.
    -Added option to show specials when sending to EQ (Vet rewards, Glyphs)
    -Changed defaults for send to EQ options.*
    -Changed default location for Live Overlays. (Moved a little to the right).
    -Changed window reset location. (Moved down and to the right).
    -Fix Live Overlay not highlighting yourself in red when using classnames.

*Defaults are to show a) Total Damage, b) Opponent, c) Specials.

Example of new default (with option to use class instead of names checked as well)
    /GU Ayonae Ro in 191s, 12797k @67003 | Monk 731k {7} | Monk 609k {7} | Berserker 601k | Rogue 581k | Monk 512k | Monk 480k | Warrior 474k {7} | ShadowKnight 439k {7B} | Berserker 437k | Rogue 410k {7} | Berserker 409k | Bard + pets 409k | Warrior 397k | Monk 376k | ShadowKnight 374k {7B}

DPS/SDPS and %Total are disabled, which should make it cleaner for most people. Those that specifically want to see DPS/SDPS or %Total can reenable it manually in the settings.

Note: Given that the settings file resets with each update, if you want to give it as much learning as possible (for player->class and pet->owner associations) I would suggest loading your entire log the first time. After that you can load smaller amounts or just do monitor.

IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thanks for the hard work. I appreciate it and it helps motivate me as a DPS class.

My biggest request is the ability to shrink down the live overlay. I have a big monitor, but I really can't show the top 20 dps (I do alot of coaching) anywhere on the screen and not have it cover part of long event emote texts that flash on the screen. If I could keep most of the data that would be great. I really like the ability GINA has in making very small boxes.