GamParse 1.6.0.X Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So, it's about that time again. I've been working on adding improvements and fixing issues with GamParse and I think it's pretty stable, but there have been enough changes that I'd like a few people to help me test it before I consider it an official update.

So for those interested in testing upcoming features for GamParse, providing feedback, and offering suggestions, follow this thread.

As before, you can download the latest test version from this thread:

>>>Download here<<<

I will also be changing the versioning slightly to make it easier to differentiate. Normal updates will now be the third number (x.x.X.x) instead of the fourth. Beta/Test updates will use the fourth number. Each time I make a change I'll reference which test version you should be using to see the changes.

Be aware that as a Beta version all settings will be default and need to be adjusted how you like them. Each update will reset settings to default.
    Mary Poppins and Axxius like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Changes:

Player DPS Tab

-Added DoT Breakdown / Individual DoT parsing to the Player DPS Tab.

Live Fights Tab

-Reworked Live Fights Tab. Fights now display all data as the Overview Tab, but updated in real time for every active fight.

Search Tab

-Reworked Search Tab to create additional tabs only when option is enabled.
    -Reworked Recursive Search (search previous search results) to perform as a normal search rather than just highlight results.
    -Added Reverse Search. This will show the most recent matches. Note there is a small performance hit vs a normal search.
    -Added option to ignore most combat spam from searches. Use sparingly as there is a large performance hit. Up to x10 or more.
    -When loading a log or doing a search the interface will deactivate until it is completed to prevent bad things happening.

Chat Tab

-Added parsing for Systemwide messages in Chat Tab.

Miscellaneous

-Reworked Load options. Every load option has access to the list of recently accessed log files.

-Pets will now auto-link to their owners if the pet uses a unique name.
    -Changed "Default Pet" option in General Options to "Default Server" as "Default Pet" is no longer needed.

-Added option to initiate a full backup to the Backup menu.

-Adjusted default location for live overlays.

-Added check to ensure window is located within screen boundary. If GamParse detects it is out of bounds on the screen it will relocate.

-Added option to round very large numbers to the millions place. Default is 100,000,000.

-If parsing is interrupted GamParse will attempt to restart itself, and if that fails it will try to notify you.

-Removed an element from Tanking Overview that didn't seem to do anything.

Fixes

-Ignore parsing zonewide DoT from Demi-plane.
    -Ignore damage from Harfange the Black's aura "Rage of the Founder".
    -Prevent error from improper spellcast messages.
    -Prevent error from improper /pet leader messages.

Please pay extra attention to items in red.
    Mary Poppins, Jelo, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  3. segap Augur

Is this check for the entire window, or just part of the window? I often intentionally have parts of windows off the screen if I'm comparing data in one to another and don't care about all the content in a particular window.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It checks if the left edge of the window is father right then the right edge of the screen and if the top edge of the window is farther down then the bottom of the screen. Same for Left and Top.

Basically, the whole window has to be off the screen.
  5. Risiko Augur

Thanks for all of the great work Beimeith. I will download the beta and check it out.

I have a couple questions about Gamparse.

1. Is there a way to adjust the height and width of the live dps overlay? I know I can adjust the position, but I didn't think I was able to modify the size of the window. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
    2. Is there a way to show faction changes in a live overlay? Like lets say I am working on grinding a particular faction, is there a way to have the overlay show the total faction gain/loss after each kill summed up over the play session?
    Thanks again!
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) No. It sizes based on which options are selected, but that's all

2) No, nor do I see any benefit to making a faction overlay. It already sums up faction hits for you.
  7. Risiko Augur

Ok. Thanks for the response.
  8. Zarzac Augur

For me loading a 150MB file in 1.5.2.20 takes about 76s on ave over a couple tests. The same file with 1.6.0.0 is around 98s. Assume that's due to new functionality, but a pretty healthy jump in load time.
  9. Feznik Elder

If you have EQ on an SSD drive, what is the best way of going about not writing such huge log files to the SSD? Need a breakbdown of how to do it properly :)
  10. Angahran Augur

11. LordOmni New Member

At one time I saw a posted test screenshot showing an individual breakdown of total dmg for a player by spell type. I believe it was show for 1.5.4 but its been a long time since i recall seeing it. I don't know if this is something that is still being worked on, dropped or in place but not sure where to look.
  12. Forcallen Augur

Player DPS Tab under the DoT breakdown Tab.

If you click the header of some of the colums to sort the date it gets wonky. Appeared to be for % Damage, % Total and DPS. The others all seemed to sort properly in either ascending or descending order from a quick check.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Breaking down the DoTs individually is a bit more complicated than just summing up the total damage from them. Some other things I'm working on should hopefully improve the load times a little, but realistically it's a matter of how much processing it goes though. More processing = slower times.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

DoT damage is now broken down by individual DoTs. If you are referring to the new graphs like the pie chart, those aren't finished yet.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not just that tab. Sorting by any percentage column is giving bad results. Pretty sure this isn't a new thing either. I'll look at it.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I found the problem and fixed it. Problem was any column that had a decimal point in it wasn't sorting properly because the sort function compares the numbers as integers, not decimals.
  17. Sancus Augur

The DoT breakdown tab got kinda screwed up when I had the window maximized.

When it isn't maximized, it looks normal:
    [IMG]

When it is maximized, though, it's screwed up:
    [IMG]

This happens on both my 1080p and 1440p monitors.

It also seems like sorting by DPS (clicking the "DPS" header) is sorting in a weird way. Instead of sorting highest -> lowest or lowest -> highest, it's sorting by the highest digit in the number (if that makes sense?). The list therefore goes: 9227.5, 870.4, 854.4, 732.8, 7123.9, 6443.0, etc. Obviously 7123.9 is larger than 870.4.

Finally, what is DDPS?
  18. Fintank Augur

DDPS = DoT Damage Per Second

Come on Sancus!
    Beimeith likes this.
  19. Sancus Augur

I got that, but that doesn't really tell me what it does :p

Looking at it more, I'm assuming it's the DPS the DoT does while the DoT is ticking (but doesn't count the time when the DoT is not ticking and therefore not on the mob, unlike DPS)? But that then begs the question whether the damage is divided by DoT_Ticks * 6 or by (DoT_Ticks - 1) * 6. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I was kinda hoping Beimeith would just say.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I fixed the windows and buttons resizing properly. Had them anchored incorrectly.

The sorting thing I already mentioned above. Any column with a decimal in it wasn't sorting properly due to how the sort function works. I have it fixed already.

Fintank is correct, it's DoT Damage Per Second.

Think of it like the difference between DPS and SDPS on the Overview tab.

SDPS is total damage / total time, even if you don't do damage until midway through.

DPS is total damage / time you did damage. (Which makes it worthless as a basis of comparison, but people are dumb and like the bigger numbers).

On the DoT Breakdown:

DPS is total DoT damage / time you did damage.

DDPS is total DoT damage / time the dot was active.

This might help illustrate it:

[IMG]

So in this example, DoTs contributed to 118.9 of the total DPS which was 172.8.

However, the raw DPS of the DoTs themselves, (DDPS) was technically 206. The difference is the ramp up time needed to get DoTs on the mob which reduces it.

Hopefully that makes sense.
    Sancus likes this.