GamParse 1.5.1 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nope, I meant exactly what I said. There is an issue with the wither and decay raid that causes some of the damage to be missed. It's caused by a combination of a change I made plus poor raid design by whomever made the raid.

I have no idea why you aren't seeing vim show up, it parses perfectly fine for me. If you want to send me a copy of your log file and settings file I'll see if I can find the problem, but more than likely it's a error on your part.
  2. Hembra New Member

there's something up with Vim, I for one only see pets and paladin dmg on it, two toons different servers same thing. I haven't looked into what settings would change dmg for one mob so drastically, unless all dps on him was considered dmg shield or critical? those are the only things i have hidden in EQ settings (to mine only), or are you talking about gamparse settings
  3. Iila Augur

I dumped all the lines with each of Vim and Vigor to their own text files. There's no combination of the 4 check boxes in setting, or putting time out from 10, 100, or 1000s, or putting min damage from 100, 1000, 10000, 100,000, 1,000,000, or 10,000,000 that will A: Make the vigor file not display a fight. or B: Make the Vim file display a fight.

If I find & replace "Vim" with "Vimmm", the fight loads fine.

Ok, figured it out. In something like "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\GamParse\GamParse-1.5.1.INI" there is a section of tracked players, Vim was in that list. Absor was in the list near it, so whatever added Vim probably happened in beta.

Delete TrackedPlayer=Vim from that file (and save!) and then Vim fights load correctly.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's your settings file, and more than likely it was Absor that caused it to happen, I'll give you that.

It's the same issue that causes the problem with the Wither and Decay Raid btw. If you look through the list of tracked players you should find "Wither" too. You can delete them both and Vim shouldn't reappear, but Wither will.

What causes Wither to appear is that in the raid Wither sends you a tell. An actual, real, goes-to-the-tell-window-for-god-knows-what-reason "tell" instead of a normal "other" emote.* This causes GamParse to identify Wither as a Player instead of an NPC and ignore damage to it. When he changes form at 50% to whatever else then it starts reading damage again.

Vim doesn't do that from what I've seen. I'm guessing you saw a beta test or something and somehow during that Absor did something stupid and it read Vim as a player for everyone in your guild that was there at the time which is why it seems only RoI had the problem.

I've put in a fix which is basically an 'exclude' list. Any npcs that talk in a way that looks like it comes from a player I can add their names / text to the list and it will prevent them being flagged as players. (Only single name NPCs can ever have this happen which is rare in EQ most of the time)

*It's slightly more complicated than that, but let's just go with this explanation.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Oh, the other thing was I added an option to suppress getting error messages for some of the parsing errors so all the people playing on non-official servers can stop whining at me. Still not supporting them, but it should keep them from bothering me as much.
  6. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

If you forget to select any fights and press the "Combine Fights" button (yes, I do this occasionally), you get an unhandled exception error. It should ideally do nothing or maybe give you a message that you need to select multiple fights.

For instance, if you only select 1 fight and hit combine fights, it doesn't change anything or update the Overview tab, but it also doesn't give any errors.

Obviously not a big deal but thought it might be something you'd want to add to the list to eventually clean up.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

That covers so much territory in eq ;) *laughs!*
    Iila likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fixed for the next update.
  9. Starry Journeyman

Prob a noob question But why is it when i use this new parser that i can't post the parse most of time (only prob i have with it). When i use the old one i have no problems what so ever. Would really like to use the New one all the time and get rd of the old one on my puter.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're going to have to be more specific, but mostly likely you're doing something incorrectly or have something set incorrectly in your settings.
  11. Starry Journeyman

New parser rarely lets me post a parse in /g or /gu . Old one i have no problem at all. I have everything checked right i options and etc
  12. Neodraykl Elder

You're prolly exceeding the character paste limit in EQ...try deselecting some things in Gamparse send to eq settings, and try again.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It helps to be specific:

Which version were you using before?
    Which version are you using now?
    What is your default channel setting?
    Are you trying to change what channel it goes to after you paste into eq? (If you are then most likely neodraykl is correct and you are at the character limit)
    Does it always do it, or only when you have a ton of text?
    Etc.

Specifics
  14. Brudal Augur

Likely it is an issue with all the options being on by default with a new install.

wont paste into eq due to exceeding some limit,

turning off "Show SDPS", "add sdps and dps descriptions" and "% of damage" and reducing the separator from "---" to "--" allows paste which includes all of the top 10 like

Sancus and Iila like this.
  15. Starry Journeyman

The one i use during raids and never fails for me is GamParse_1_0_3_2
  16. Starry Journeyman

Will try this tonite and let you know ,
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That shouldn't really matter as gamparse will cut off at the paste limit regardless of how many options are enabled.

What I may do is add another option to make this a little more flexible for people since not everyone seems to understand how it works.

Saying "adjust setting x to value y" is easier than trying to explain precisely how it works.
  18. Starry Journeyman

sorry yeah i may be a lil slow when it comes to certain programs but i have had no problems with the older version of the parser but when i did down load this one is when i had the problems. So far though with the few changes i did make it seems to be working