GamParse 1.5.1 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

What's the time on each fight? And what other's actions do you have turned on?

If you have all your spells turned on, the parser probably isn't picking up that a fight is going on. You either need to be picking up some offensive spells/actions for it to group actions into a fight, and/or your fight time out is too low, causing it to skip times when nothing is going on.
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

Default fight time out is 30 seconds, I have no "others" hits or anything turned on, just their spells.
  3. Brohg Augur

uh, that's probably the issue then. If you're not logging any damage, gamparse doesn't know there's any fights going on.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It is always best to have all filters turned on and to just dump anything you don't want to see into a separate chat window and minimize it.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Not all computers can handle that tho, unfortunately. As a melee, it's pretty whatever for me, because I want my parser to start when I do or take damage. As a healer.... eh. You'll have to find some way to trigger it, even if it's a debuff or some super small level 1 nuke or something, if you computer can't take all filters on.

I know it's hard to believe that people raid on computers that choke when you try to adjust the filters, but they do. I can't even have *group* spells on, much less others hits, misses, or the whole raids spells. =(
  6. Steampunk Augur

I'm trying to use ver 1.5.1.3. I have all my filters set to "show". I have all my hits modes set to "normal". Regardless of whether I load a file when I am offline, or monitor it when I am online, all I get is info on the "Faction" and "Loot" and "Chat" tabs. There is no data at all on any of the other tabs. Anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have uploaded a new test version of GamParse. The biggest changes involve pet classes so please if you are a pet class test it and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Changes:
    -Live overlays now use commas for larger numbers: 30,000 vs 30000. 4,000,000 vs 4000000. (This was done previously but I forgot to mention it).

-Fixed Runes absorbing Damage Shields not being parsed. They will now parse properly in the tanking tab under "Absorbed."

-Fixed the Special Codes for Veteran AAs not being spaced properly on the Live Overlay.

-Pets are now tracked and saved in the settings file. This list is checked against and any damage done by them or to them from a tracked player or another tracked pet is ignored. This should prevent most pets from showing up in the fightlist.

-Damage done by a player to themselves is now properly flagged. This should prevent fake opponents "himself/herself/itself" from showing up in the fightlist.

-Damage done to Eyeballs ("Eye of Beimeith" etc.) is now ignored. This should prevent them showing in the fightlist.

-Any DoT damage by the Beastlord Pet DoT "Bestial Bloodrage" is now ignored. This should prevent Beastlord pets showing in the fightlist when their owners use this spell on them.

-Added an additional check to the Default Pet linking to prevent trying to link a player as your pet.

I want to reiterate that I need pet classes to help me in testing this to ensure that nothing was broken for them. Several of the changes involved ignoring damage being done to/from pets and while it -should- only apply in cases where the damage done is against another player/pet there is always the possibility of something bad happening.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I think this might have gotten a little lost since I posted about the work on refactoring the parser, but that it still quite a ways off and in the meantime I really could use some pet classes to test this for me and make sure that it didn't mess anything up when parsing their pets.
  10. Khoza Augur

Does this go purely by name? Eye of Veeshan (PoSky) is gonna be sad if it doesn't show up on parses. Also, Eye of Zomm is an actual mob (Arcstone). According to ZAM, so is Eye of Despair.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Way ahead of you:

Code:
    //Prevent Eyeballs from showing up in the fightlist, except if they are the 4 NPCs with that name.
                if (Opponent.StartsWith("Eye of ") && !Opponent.Contains("Danos") && !Opponent.Contains("Despair") && !Opponent.Contains("Veeshan") && !Opponent.Contains("Zomm"))
                    AtkType = AttackType.None;
    Brogett likes this.
  12. madoc New Member

Note sure if it was addressed in the test update. I'm not sure where to obtain that.

This is from v1.5.1.3:

Invalid damage detected.
    [Wed Aud 19 10:24:34 2015] Playerbrd is pierced by a spirit flux wolf's thorns for 1 point of non-melee damage.

Code:
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:33 2015] Jonekn hits a spirit flux wolf for 51 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] A spirit flux wolf tries to bite YOU, but YOU parry!
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] A spirit flux wolf is tormented by YOUR frost for 170 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] A spirit flux wolf bashes YOU for 28 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] Playerbrd is pierced by a spirit flux wolf's thorns for 1 point of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] Playerbrd pierces a spirit flux wolf for 195 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] You pierce a spirit flux wolf for 466 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] You try to pierce a spirit flux wolf, but a spirit flux wolf dodges!
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] You pierce a spirit flux wolf for 466 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:34 2015] You try to pierce a spirit flux wolf, but a spirit flux wolf parries!
    [Wed Aug 19 10:24:35 2015] Playerbrd crushes a spirit flux wolf for 84 points of damage.
    Also:
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Jarnig Kilanid is tormented by Playerbsk's frost for 1 point of non-melee damage.

Code:
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:14 2015] Jarnig Kilanid says 'To arms!  Evil approaches!'
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Playerbsk begins to cast a spell.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Jarnig Kilanid tries to slash Playerbsk, but misses!
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Jarnig Kilanid tries to slash Playerbsk, but Playerbsk parries!
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Jarnig Kilanid is tormented by Playerbsk's frost for 1 point of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Jarnig Kilanid bashes Playerbsk for 121 points of damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Valinda Erginton says 'To arms!  Evil approaches!'
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Playerbsk hit Valinda Erginton for 4575 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Xotmidd Ferlop says 'To arms!  Evil approaches!'
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Playerbsk hit Xotmidd Ferlop for 4575 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Shressa Farondi says 'To arms!  Evil approaches!'
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Playerbsk hit Shressa Farondi for 16698 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Aug 19 20:40:15 2015] Playerbsk delivers a critical blast! (16548)
    Beimeith likes this.
  13. Khoza Augur

You are a true master, Sir.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, it wasn't in the .4 test update. When you hit/are hit by a single point of damage the message you get is singular and not plural. I meant to add in a check for that once I got the new DS/Feedback messages working, but I forgot. It is fixed now.

You can obtain the latest test update by clicking the link in the first post of this thread.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1.5.1.4 has been sent to EQResource and should be available soon. The test version is no longer available from the first post.

Please continue to post any new problems you encounter in this thread.
  16. Forcallen Augur

Can you make the live overlay window resizable? With the recent changes to what it displays, even with all the new stuff toggled off, it takes up a 5 inch chunk of your screen.

Or at least make it so if you turn off all the unneeded stuff that was added to the window it reverts back to its old size?
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If all you are displaying is DPS, which I'm sure you are, the window is exactly the same size as it always was. As per usual, you are mistaken about how it works and what was changed.

Making it resizable is unlikely because of the way it was made, which isn't well. In 2.0 it should be because it will be done differently and in a better way.
  18. Forcallen Augur

I had show dps and show desc, wasnt sure what desc was, on and it was larger then the old window as it overlapped my other windows and previously didn't. Turned off show desc and window was restored.

Excuse me for assuming "show desc" was part of what used to be displayed. I should have every setting and bit of info memorized in case it changes.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Excuse me for assuming that someone using a program that has been out for 6+ years would notice what was actually changed before complaining about it.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I sincerely suggest you block Forcallen so you can quit being trolled and bothered by his negative posts.