Gamma / Sound

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gumby, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Gumby Augur

After installing a windows 10 update, the Sound and Windowed Gamma no longer function correctly in EverQuest. The Sound is muffled and the Gamma slider no longer works in game.

I can revert Windows back to the old unsupported install and everything works as it should, but I really do not want to have an out of date Win10 just so a couple of things with EQ actually function.

I'm happy to pass along whatever information is needed, but nothing else seems to break with this update besides EverQuest.
  2. Malbro Augur

I don't know about the sound but on the option window > display tab > advanced options, there is an option for enable windowed gamma and a increase windowed gamma check box.

I play in a window, windows 10 machine, and have that checked, but not the other one, and I can adjust the gamma via the slider.
  3. Laurana Augur

I had a unique issue with gamma not working in Win 10. Using multiple displays disabled the gamma slider from working. As soon as I disconnected additional displays, the slider started working again. The Devs never responded to that bug report which is probably buried now. Not sure if this can help with the sound issue you are experiencing, but it might if you are using display speakers.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore