GameStop & EB Games Father's Day Promotion

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Amnerys Augur

[IMG]

Treat yourself or anyone else in your life to SOE game cards for Father’s Day.

From Friday, June 14th through Sunday, June 16th, 2013, GameStop and EB Games locations will be offering $5 off any SOE $15 pre-paid game card.

* Offer valid from store opening on June 14, 2013 through store closing June 16, 2013. Valid on SOE pre-paid game cards purchased at participating GameStop and EB Games retail stores in Canada and the USA only.
  2. Toquillaw Augur

We just bought 10 more of these this morning at Gamestop. They were not aware of the promotion, but they had lots of cards in stock although they were for Planetside 2 (the middle card shown above). On the front it says it is good for Planetside 2 "and other SOE games" so we took a shot at them. Tried to use one for a month of EQ, and it worked just fine.

So if they don't have the usual cards you are looking for, see if they have these black ones for Planetside 2. Also, the employees knew Planetside 2 so asking for those cards might work if they draw a blank for EQ.
  3. Rogero Journeyman

I bought 4 but am returning the 3 I didn't use yet -- I want the extra 500 you get with the white card, the one that nets you 2000 points for $15.

I guess I understand them giving me 1500 for $10 and thinking that they are giving me a bargain -- but I don't care -- I know what I want, and I "wanted" 2000 points for $10 -- so no deal.

Take them back, EB -- that money is going back in my pocket!
  4. Ashlanne Lorekeeper

Our Retail Partner in Canada, EBGames, has experienced difficulty in giving customers this discount and we are therefore extending the promotion through store closing Monday, June 17th, to give our customers the opportunity to purchase.

Our apologies; thank you for your understanding.
  5. Tegila Augur

you buy the cards and get 33% off to start, then when theres a double or triple sc promotion you cash them in just like anyone that buys gamecards in advance. now you just turned the next double sc to triple sc, and triple sc into 4.5x (better tahn walmart card with the 500bonus on triple which nets you 4x)

this is a nice deal if you can get the cards during the promotion whether you save them or you just take the 33% discount

sidenote: ive never heard of anyone accepting a return on a gamecard once activated at the register so good luck if you do decide to return them
  6. telezar Journeyman

I can confirm that the planetside 2 cards do work for everquest and other games, bought 2 today. As for returning cards, I dont know about anywhere else but walmart will let you return a card if you havent scratched the silver part off yet.
  7. Rogero Journeyman

Funny, I didn't see the guy activate them - just "wand" them to charge me -- if I can't return the unused three that will be yet another thing to disgruntle me. Guess I will know for sure when I call the store tomorrow...

I don't care about any "fuzzy math" -- I know what I wanted, and I don't see the point of an identical card that doesn't have a "bonus" -- it's the same reason I don't buy the Station Points from the game itself -- no bonus, so no sale.

As for "banking" them for some possible upcoming great deal -- again -- not interested. These deals seem few and far between, mostly involving buying from a specific store (like 7-11s not in my area anyway) -- so I want that money in my pocket -- not advanced to them in what I see as a crappy deal.
  8. Rogero Journeyman

The Wal-Mart cards are great -- $15 gives you 2000 Station Points -- no activation for sure -- although being near an Army base = sometimes a lack of cards :)

And I have never had a single problem returning anything to that store.

Why are there "identical" cards that give users different value at SONY anyway? What's up with that?
  9. Toquillaw Augur

Walmart cards are activated ... every single one.

I don't get your point. You can buy a 2000 point card at Walmart right now for $15 (assuming they are in stock), or you can get 1500 point cards for $10 which is a better deal. After all, Walmart's price is $0.0075 per point and the Gamestop deal is $0.0067.
  10. Rogero Journeyman

Update -- got a nice email from EB/Game Stop -- they explained that different companies sponsor different "deals" with the cards -- so I understand it all better.

Going to keep the cards, and try to understand the process better in the future...
  11. Geroblue Augur

Closer than 7-11, but the nearest Game Stop with cards is 85 miles away. Still cheaper to drive to Wal-Mart.
  12. SonicFlood New Member

Can some of you not perform simple division? I can't believe you are whining about a sale that gives you the cards for less money per station point! A Walmart card gives you 2k points for 15 bucks (133.33333333 forever) points per dollar. The EB Games card gives you 1500 points for 10 bucks, or 150 points per dollar.....and that's not being patient and holding on to them until there's a double or triple cash sale. Plus, if you use them for gold account monthly payment, you are now only paying 10 bucks a month/account, instead of 15. I don't understand why/how anyone can't see this as a good deal. I'm not saying it's the deal of the century, but complaining because you don't get the extra 500 points and returning them without figuring out the value is just plain lazy and ignorant (at least.....).