Game won't launch on steam!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fellorin, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Fellorin New Member

I don't mean to upset/anger you but a friend of mine who recently contact daybreak about this showed me his response from customer support. It said that they are still looking for a fix but haven't found anything yet. This means that we may have to wait a very long time which really pisses me off. Seriously how can Daybreak F up this bad.
  2. Kelane New Member

So you are saying that I should stop hitting the play button in steam in hopes that the game actually starts?
  3. Fellorin New Member

nah i'm not saying that, i'm saying that daybreak told my friend that they most likely aren't going to fix this issue anytime soon.
  4. Kelane New Member

So how long have they been having this issue?
  5. Fellorin New Member

since they released the new patch
  6. Efr3 Journeyman

SOLUTION: It was doing this for me when i got windows 10. what i had to do to get it to launch was this: right click the EQ shortcut icon. click properties. click compatibility tab. check the box for disable fullscreen optimizations. check run as administrator. that should fix it for you. the problem is with the fullscreen optimizations causing it to not launch. you are checking run as admin just to prevent other issues. i hope it works for you. i was really happy when i figured it out. ive been playing EQ since 1999. it always worked until windows 10. i am using the standard daybreak launcher and have the EQ shortcut icon on the desktop. i dont know about using the steam version. you probably just need to find where the EQ icon is on your pc. it should be in the c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps folder somewhere.