Game Update: Tuesday, October 28 @ 2 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. guado Augur

People may find it hard to be grateful when their most favorable style of game play is going to be forcibly taken away with little notice.
    Lisandra, Mintalie and Aghinem like this.
  2. Achilles New Member

Dude this is upsetting me also. Rosen please tell your supervisors they are messing up.

I will join the boycott for all my accts until this is reversed. If anything increase the exp earned in these zones prior to level 101 to get people out of the area sooner, and just leave it to normal exp attrition post 101. Not everyone can do the newer contact.
    An old ELF!, Lisandra and Aghinem like this.
  3. Maldeformation New Member

my 2cp
    Yesterday I woke up and my son was sick so I stayed home. he played playstation all day I played EQ all day. I started on my 85 druid and went to gorukar mesa to kill bears for hides. Needed em as a few of my alts and a new ranger needed bags. got 18 and made 16 bags successfully. more than enough I thought. Went through all my characters for ranger gear I've saved up over the last few weeks, and migrated it all to the shared bank. Got on my ranger and skipped the Tutorial. Went to the local Pok book and then the small bank. All geared up and ready to go with my real nice bow that I farmed way back. Remembering the great battle I had to acquire said bow I almost forgot arrows! Off to learn fletching I thought. After about 1 hour and 500 plat I'm at 147 fletching. I make 500 arrows and I'm off.
    Where to I thought. Always liked Field of bone lots of mobs close together low hp easy quick kills. I ran around here for about 45 min and ding lv 5. ooh can use that simple gear I have now /equip. About this time I was in need of banking so I used origin and returned home. After restocking on food and water I needed a new place to go. I ended up on the outskirts of neriak killing bears and such by the downed tree named "The Log" Soon I was level 8 and needed a new target. I walked into the Molten Lands of Lavastorm. looking for a challenge. I remembered the old days where lv 11 was a minimum for Lavastorm. But I was quite twinked all my stats were near there caps. I can do it I said. I attacked the first thing I saw in a fury of blades..... in a fury of blades...... in a fury of blades.........?????? Ahhhhh I can't hit the dang thing. Ahhhhhhh it cast fire ouch! OMG I'm such a noob I didn't buy spells.
    YES! I hit it finally! take that fire thing! 20 damage woot woot! UH-OH im 27% health this thing is 58% I'm Losing the battle. /run run away! Zone whew! close one 23% hp , O well I'll just walk to the book and go somewhere else..... /whistle ........ "Die Softskin!" Oh crap a Dark Elf /run /bash
    LOADING PLEASE WAIT........
    This is why I play Could care less about new expansion. spent 100$ in last 2 months YW SOE
    An old ELF! likes this.
  4. Behee Augur

Probably yes, unless they did a partial download before, but it hasn't been too recently (I usually run without patching).

My EQ folder (minus temp files, screenshots, logs) is about 10.4 gigs, for the entire EQ and 21 expansions. EQ just isn't a huge game.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Derriere New Member

IF you really hate what is offered in this expansion its simple if you ask me...DO NOT BUY IT.

The only real way to be heard and start change is to make a change yourself.
    Don't waste your valuable time and money getting upset...just DO NOT BUY IT..end of conversation.

What me IS: the HUGE amount of people that have posted here they do not like this expansion for various reasons......BUT I know a lot of them will then go out and BUY the expansion anyways...what was the point of complaining?

I for one will not be buying this expansion.( I run 6 accounts, my husband runs 4 all access accounts on pre paid subs ever since we started playing back at/around game commencement).

SInce we do not like the look of the expansion or some of the changes that will come with its purchase, WE SIMPLY WONT BUY IT!

The only thing I did like, was the mount key ring.
    For me, this 1 thing does not justify the cost I would outlay.

So I am "not going to waste my time talking the talk and then not walking the walk.....
    Like all of my RL purchases...if I don't like the product on the shelf...I'm not wasting my hard earned cash buying it.
    It really is that simple people....
    Behee likes this.
  6. Aghinem Augur

Believe me - we aren't. I think you underestimate that most of the EQ population are between 30-50 years of age Derriere; and people are very aware of what they can take away with their pocket books.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

So you just happened to forget to tell people about the nerf which coincidentally will help some sales because people who would probably not buy it because of this will buy it and find out about the nerf, just like you forgot to tell people about the restrictions on the gods clicky which coincidentally made some money for SoE also.

That is shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.
  8. KC13 Augur

I thought the Rain of Fear expac was supposed to be granted when this new expac was released? Not on my All Access account. Then there is the possible de facto stealth nerf of older Heroic characters on Bronze and Silver accounts (have yet to test this, so this comment may be spurious). Purchase a heroic char yesterday, then purchase one today and today's purchase may get the House of Thule autogrant of AA's. I have confirmed that previous Heroic chars do not get the House of Thule autogrant on Bronze and Silver accounts due to being over the 250/1000 limit. This, if confirmed, would make newer Heroic chars better, if even only slightly....
  9. Behee Augur

As I recall we are in pre-release. The official release date is in November.
  10. BrutalImpunity New Member

Still awaiting this "news" but I expect it will be insufficient for me to bother purchasing TDS for my five allaccess accounts until 2015.

I won't unsubscribe because there is still plenty of content for me to do. Lately, I've been doing epics and epic ornamentations for my boxes. The class specific lore for each class during the ornamentation quests is tons of fun, and you guys should continue to produce material like that.

I will purchase the expansion someday, but I am intentionally waiting until after the holidays. Maybe if their holiday bonus checks are smaller due to poor expansion sales, they will listen when customers say, "We don't like this." I hate having to feel this spiteful, but it's nothing personal. It's business.

General chat only has 241 people on Bertoxx on expansion launch day at the time of this posting. Sad. Take the hint!
  11. Gialana Augur

I was told in another thread that heroic characters would not be receiving more AA than they did before TDS was released. I think it was either stated at the Fan Fair or during an online chat session. So in order to get the HoT AAs that will now come with autogrant, even heroic characters will need to be on an "All Access" account until after they receive the autogrant.

Roshen confirmed Rain of Fear would be granted with the TDS launch. That made it sound like it would happen today, but it was not specifically stated whether he meant today or 11th, when ftp accounts are allowed to purchase TDS.
  12. Geroblue Augur

The one all access account I bought this for took about 30 minutes for claim items to show up, so the servers may be a bit slow. I know moving around in these forums is also slower than usual.
  13. Dhdcf New Member

Why the 6 hr lock out on HAs? Was that explained somewhere? I don't get it. Who cares if that is all some toons do and who cares WHY they do it (farming). BFD. I'll admit I'm torn on buying expansion for my 5 others toons (two got for attending SOE live) and I've been an AVID 15+ year player.

Now I likely can't help friends becuse we will likely be on different timers! (That part just registered)

Please re-think this.

SB
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Aghinem Augur

I really don't know man. I do know its going to have serious consequence for mark of valor farming. I can see the prices going through the roof on MoVs
  15. KC13 Augur

My 85 Ranger and 85 Beastlord received more AA's on login, but my 85 Wizard received nothing. All three are on an All Access account. I more or less expected my 85 Bard and 2nd 85 Beastlord would not get more AA's as they are on Bronze and Silver accounts respectively. My 87 Paladin on the All Access account received substantially more AA's!
  16. Izabella Swan New Member

I have read the posts about RoF being free....I do have all access and i still dont have RoF.......is it a sep. download?
  17. Gialana Augur

That is somewhat expected since most of the HoT AA's will require at least level 86 to get. I'm surprised that two of your 85 toons received more AA's but that your 85 wizard does not. Does anyone know if Rangers and Beastlords and not Wizards have HoT AA's that are accessible at level 85? Also, just for the sake that I'm not being presumptuous, does your wizard also have the autogrant AA box checked, and did you log out and in your wizard after checking the box?
  18. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

That probably won't go live until November 11th when FTP players are able to buy TDS.
  19. Hayzeus Augur

I can confirm that my 87 HA all access shammy received 1000'ish AA on login today.
  20. KC13 Augur

Yes, I did do that on the Wizard. I do know for a fact, that after autogrant was instituted, my Paladin did have many level 85 AA's that were not granted. What I don't remember was from what expansions those AA's originated. It looks like many were from HoT.