Game Update: Tuesday, October 28 @ 2 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. crystal6183 New Member

so if i understand correctly those who do not have CoTF will get it when buying the new xpack correct? I came back after a little over a year vacation lol and just want to make sure because if i don't get both ill just say screw it and do everything Im missing in RoF.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Same thing happened to some people in English and typing class. :D
    -R
    Samcrow likes this.
  3. VorluneBB New Member

I didn't realize people could be so pessimistic and ungrateful. Personally, I'm thankful there is still EQ to play. On top of the fact that, 15 years after it's creation, Norrath is still traversable they are giving us another 5 levels and spells/discs/AAs, new content (they didn't take away any, the pre-CoTF changes are only about experience and only relevant if you're 101+, which why would you care about exp from RoF zones at that point), and new raids/better gear. You can buy TDS and be Level 100 or below and exp will be no different in pre-CoTF zones. The changes are only applied at a time when it shouldn't matter. Who cares if you're farming Oaths of Marr or working on RoF Hunters/Trophies/Shinies and the mobs aren't giving you exp 101+. You're CATCHING UP anyways. Geesh. Put things in perspective people. And I wonder what rare treasures remain undiscovered [edit: in the higher tier TDS zones.] :). CoTF certainly has some gems...Fine Silk Sash / Bloodstained Shoulders / other Vanquisher-unlocked gear. And let's not forget PoWar still looms on the horizon for a lot of people yet.
    Orbital101 likes this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

@VorluneBB: Who cares if they're taking a huge unjustifiable experience hit on top of what leveling naturally? Obviously the many people who have voiced their concern. Have you ever tried recruiting strangers to do Plane of War? People shun it mostly because of there being no experience there. Now they're doing the same thing with RoF and other nongreen older content by killing the experience there, too. Are they replacing the lost content with enough new content? Hardly!
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. VorluneBB New Member

I'm not gonna be doing anything but grinding to 105 until I'm 105 (and I'm sure a lot of people would say the same)...so all that extra-curricular RoF stuff will be done when exp no longer matters.
  6. Aghinem Augur

People who have paid a lot of money over the years have the right to voice their opinion and concerns. They don't have to be grateful - they are not children; they are the customer, they pay money. If they want to cry foul on what appears to be a product that is substandard, then that is what they need to do.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Aghinem Augur

I have a 600 member strong guild - very active, 45-60 people online daily helping others. It would not take much to convince them (as they are already convinced), that this expansion is a slap to the face to the loyal player base. Those 600 accounts, myself included would gladly stand up and boycott this if other guilds of Firiona Vie would join the Knights.

I was vocal about my dismay with Call of the Forsaken; but I kept my hope in SoE because > AND ONLY BECAUSE < of what Smedly stated about this next expansion being huge. I set aside my feelings about SoE becoming apathetic towards their loyal players regarding CotF and its lack of content.

Not this time. If everyone puts down their credit cards when TDS becomes available for purchase - YOU WILL BE HEARD! This is no different than when everyone of Firiona Vie found out their experience potions were going to become notrade. It was going to be a "ninja" change until I started a thread about it. People stood up to it, and in compromise - the developers made a change that worked out for the best.

After reading https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ecade-warning-long.214629/page-3#post-3139777 by Lichner; and several other threads - I know people are legitimately upset - and this cannot go ignored.

For all those who say "be grateful, stop complaining, this could be the last, etc etc" - then so be it, I'd rather see this project go down in a blaze of glory than a simple candle light that is being choked out by a lack of oxygen; if it is to be the end.

Stop Insulting the Players SoE.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Stickietoes Augur

Correct, you'll get both when you buy TDS
  9. Colecash67 New Member

And you wonder why the older zones are vacant. Stop nerfing old world zone xp! The daily's? Weekly's? 6 hour lockouts? Are you trying to kill eq?
    Maldeformation and Yinla like this.
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

Since the thread I asked this question got locked. Is T1 CotF raid gear focus getting bumped to 103 since I understand CotF T2 group gear is getting focus is going to be 103?

Group gear in the same expansion shouldn't have higher focus caps over raid. (If I am wrong on any of the assumptions please let me know).

Thanks
    Ruven
  11. Barper Lorekeeper

Follow me: A bold strategy to bypass the overwhelming amount of time setting up a preorder takes. Clearly they've planned for a scenario where they are overwhelmed by people buying and downloading the expansion all at once by making TDS appear so unattractive and daunting that only those obligated by their raiding guilds to progress through new raid content be compelled to buy the new expansion.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the expansion or not, as I'm obligated by my guild to have the newest expansion and we'd like to begin raiding as soon as progression allows. But if I do end up putting in on my mains account, I have certainly just cancelled the renewal of all access on my 5 alt accounts.

Nice to see they got rid of corpses eating beam counters half a year after it was pointed out as a problem... wonder if wizard pets will still eat beam hits.
  12. Muuadib Journeyman

This has to be one of the most disappointing expansion's to come along if not THE most. The lock out timers on HA's means I will not be playing them anymore to earn MoV's for new gear. It would take months (several) to earn enough marks for new gear. This New expac and the nerfs just sound and feel horrible. Feels like there will be another exodus from EQ but, SOE owns lots of games so go to another and they still get your money from you but it's kinda weird that it seems they are actively creating a desire to migrate to another game platform. Maybe the strategy at SOE is to make EQ so unpalatable that people will go to eq next just because they have beat the living crap out of EQ. I dunno but this whole experience is unpleasant and makes me feel like the decision makers for EQ are just out of touch with the EQ community at large or have another agenda in mind. Also makes me think of that saying, So long and thanks for all the fish!
  13. Agrippa Augur

It's 11AM EST. 7:30 PST was a half hour ago, no? When will the expansion be available for purchase?
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

Can now, just went live
  15. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

2am pacific, plus 10 hours downtime, = 12 noon pacific
    5am eastern, plus 10 hours downtime, = 3pm eastern
  16. devilishdamian New Member

Hey Roshen, my question I haven't seen posted anywhere I've read. I realize that RoF will be playable by F2P,but will the auto-grant be enabled for those who are all access? When auto-grant was enabled the post said the goal was to keep it up at 3 expansions behind, so are we going to get the free aa's as well? or was that changed at some point? If I understood correctly then I should be able to have the ability to use auto-grant again to update the few aa's I haven't bothered to lvl up?
  17. Agrippa Augur

Yeah, but they said that it would be available for purchase at 7:30 AM PST. It's still taking me to CotF page.
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

He meant the purchase, not the estimated time the servers will be down. It was posted that we should be able to buy it through the store at around 7:30 pacific.
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

Refresh, it's available now
  20. Cerris Augur

Some T2 group items got their effective level bumped to 103 (Cloaks and Masks didn't). T1 raid items did not get their effective levels bumped.

Slot-for-slot, a T1 raid item decaying from 100 will still have a better spell focus than a T2 group item decaying from 103, and of course raid focuses like cleave and ferocity never decay and will always outperform their group counterparts.

The rare raid evolving items got their focuses bumped to 105.