Game Update: Thursday, October 10 @ 6am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Zarakii Augur

I met the person who modeled as firiona vie in person before and well she is hot... /nod
  2. Toadwater Journeyman

We as End User pay for a service. They provide that service AND ARE PAID FOR IT. If fact, they're paid relatively well, not to mention the fact that they actually have jobs in the worst economy since I've been alive.
  3. medipack New Member

Thankless task? I'm assuming SoE pay them? Or do they actually have chained Gnolls coding EQ?

Show me the developer that "estimated" 2 hours and I'll "thank" him/her.
  4. Mackinaw Lorekeeper

After playing this marvelous game for more than a decade off and on, I have to say that reading the forums on patch days is still as much fun as ever! To those who are disappointing or dismayed all I can say is that I feel your pain but really, "...gambling? at the Casbah? I'm shocked! Shocked!"
  5. Tanit New Member

@ peeps griping about all the downtime immediately after a new xpac dropped, please tell me where to find a game that has 0 downtime after a new release. I would love to go play it...

And...If you have played EQ for any length of time, you expect a 2 hour patch to go 10 and should be pleasantly surprised when it back up on the 2 hour mark. I mean, it isn't like extended patches are a new thing for Soe...
  6. Jreafman New Member

Okay.... They charge people for a service. That part I agree with, the entire rest of your statement is about as well thought out as saying that a banana is almost the Brooklyn Bridge, since they're both long. No, wait, that made no sense.

Part of the service they charge us for is updates, content, maintenance, etc. If they charged us our money,and then NEVER did another update, expansion, patch, or maintenance, I'm sure everyone would be THRILLED. Right?

Oh, no, keep doing the maintenance, and the expansions, and the patches, and the updates, but never take the servers offline, because then we aren't getting access to the service we paid for?

Oh okay, take them off line if you have to but always have an EXACT return time for them, or get them up earlier than the ETA, because NOTHING CAN GO WRONG or we're not getting the service we pay for!

I'm sorry, as players we want it all. We want new content, but we don't want the servers to go down to give us that content. We want perfect patches, but we don't want to have to actually help /test/ those patches. We want the dev team to live inside a bubble which is separate from the rest of the universe and ruled by the idea that nothing ever ever goes wrong. Unlike your own life which I can tell is perfect. Because people who never make mistakes or have problems or have anything less than a perfect life spend all of their time /nerdraging over when a video game is going to be available to play.

What if every time they did a patch they said that the ETA was 24 hours? Would that make everyone happier? That way they'd never be late, and (hopefully) always be early? Is that what we want as players? Maybe a "It'll be up whenever everything is right" estimate? Things go wrong. Poop happens. I'm sure sometimes it's something they could have controlled and there's some guy beating his head against a desk saying, "Why didn't I blahblahblah" Most times though I'd expect it was something that just happened. Because that's how life is. That's how the universe works. Don't like it? Find another universe.
  7. Bialar New Member

That's it, it's been 3 times as long as they estimated. I just paid for my 3 accounts and expansions but since they had problems fixing a bug in their code I'm gonna quit playing !!!
    /That'll show 'em
  8. Djhen New Member

9. Jreafman New Member

Oh, and I should ask this question too..... if they can't be late, does that mean they should stop being early too? Like, if they have a 6 hour patch, and get it done in 4, should be announce the servers are ready to come up, and will come up according to the schedule? Since... you know... estimates have to be exact.
  10. Leeanni Elder

Welcome back :)
  11. Djhen New Member

servers are up now
  12. Treesong Elder

They are up.
  13. Stubar Augur

Going to assume that they restarting the servers now will open em when everything is gtg.
  14. Tarrin Augur

A server can be up..and locked..at the same time. Its sorta annoying.
  15. Beardsy Elder

Servers are back up.
  16. Jreafman New Member

WB Togs. Yeah, the community is kinda like the old joke about meeting the new boss, same as the old boss. Still, the best community around though, for all the butt heads the community has, it's still got the best ratio of butt heads to cool folks. :p
  17. Gragas Augur

Klonn likes this.
  18. Klonn New Member

They have to be up for the testers to check them, but they are locked to keep "regular" players out during the test.
  19. Kandykiss Journeyman

Up and unlocked it seems.
  20. Zarakii Augur

while everyone is complaining im playing eq right now ^_^