Game Update: Thursday, October 10 @ 6am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]
    All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:00 am US Pacific*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

Edit: Our downtime is running longer than expected. Current expected uptime is Noon Pacific.

*Time Zone Converter
    sihpa likes this.
  2. lucaplakia-frost- New Member

Thanks for the update! Will be rooting for your developers/programmers/staff to make great headway and bring further enjoyment to this game as you have since 1998! Thank you again for all you've done over the years to continue to make the game so valuable for replay and keeping this strong community alive. One thing I'd like to add:

Is there anyway to 'revamp' the old newbie zones/ LDoN stuff? These were such great times in the history of Everquest and still remain such a big part of our hearts, at least for many of us within Norrath. It would be nice to start a new character and have lower levels wanting to stay around that area to help each other/group with.

Also, how about coming up with new expansions or "mini patch expansions" free (adding great value to the game and pulling people in without spending money), to add new lower level zones and such within the newbie zones to revamp motivation for population to spend time around there? A.K.A. the kobolds go through a fight with a separate faction and it leaves everlasting landscape effects to the areas. I like the idea anyways...hehe
  3. dpsdpsdps Elder

since when is 6 AM the same as 6 PM!
  4. Piestro Augur

Did I say PM somewhere?
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Mm, not gonna test it first on Test?
  6. Zarie New Member

no you did not Piestro
  7. Piestro Augur

Thanks, been looking through all my posts. Was quite confused.
  8. dpsdpsdps Elder

you pointed to this as the reason for druzzil going down..check your own link.
  9. Edrick Augur

Nice looking patch all around.
  10. sihpa Augur

Thank you for posting an incoming patch before the patch was underway. This is the type of communication a lot of us like to see. Thumbs up
  11. Gummistrumpf New Member

Hopefully it will include the spawn fix for Shadeweathers Ticket :)
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Epic killed emp ssra 4 mins before the servers came down.. droped 2 horses and will be back up in 2hs woot!
    Bauer likes this.
  13. Mistor New Member

I'm sure you guys know--but the servers are locked.
  14. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

^ best post ever on a server downtime thread........
  15. Naugrin Augur

Don't you have to wait for the trigger mob to come up?
  16. BoomWalker Augur

Patch started at 6AM PST...so it is now 8:15AM PST (right?) so the servers will be locked for another 2 hours so the 2 hour patch can be completed. It is SOE patch math...2 hour path means (2^3)/2 hours for the update...(n^3)/2 where n = hours estimated for the patch in hours.
  17. Jreafman New Member

Erm... Boom... it's only 723 PST. It's only been One Hour and Twenty-Three minutes... we're not into the 2+ hour mark yet.
    Also, it should be noted, the 14 hour patch of a few days ago only took 12 hours. Which means their math is pretty good.
  18. BoomWalker Augur

But...but...the servers are locked...someone pointed that out...sky is falling...
  19. Jreafman New Member

It's okay boom. We're only 18 minutes away from the 2 hour mark now. So soon we'll be able to rant about SOE's bad math all we want, and be accurate.
    Unless something changes in the next 18 minutes.
    I'm looking at you, Pie.
  20. BoomWalker Augur

Confused...who is ranting about bad math? Someone posted the servers are locked...someone else (me) gave an unfounded reason for the delay in having the servers up...with some stupid math equation tossed in to show the stupidity of it all...

Suddenly this thread is about bad math on SOE's part? Shocking... o_O