Game Update: September 23, 2015

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Santonin, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Santonin New Member

At the request of GM Dunbar, I am starting this thread in the hopes that players will support what I have to say and force DBG to reverse some of the changes made in this update to the game which the players did not ask for. I’ll be speaking primarily from the perspective of a Magician, but the problems I’m bringing up apply to several classes. I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

Problem #1: The Rain Spell Nerf

Some time ago, DBG crippled rain-type spells by severely reducing the effect of enchanter and bard ADPS on rains spells, and also reduced the crit rate on rain spells as well. The magicians rain weave, which uses two rain spells, WAS the mages highest DPS weave and also the most mana-efficient. Now it does less dps than the single-target weave which also consumes far more mana and creates low mana situations very quickly, especially in the presence of mana-drain effects (TDS2 and TDS5). Thanks to this nerf, the dps contribution by mages can now be surpassed by most other classes in the game. So magicians now have two choices. Either use rains and do substandard dps, or use single-target spells and run out of mana and do substandard dps anyway. To me, this is an outrage.

Problem #2: The Fade Nerf

In this update, various forms of Fade have been rendered 100% ineffective. As a Magician, I’ve used the now-combined Cloak of Shadows/Drape of Shadows ability several times, and it has FAILED each and every time! This is NOT a 10% chance to fail. It’s a 100% chance to fail! I’ve been told that for Fade to work anymore, the person using it must be within 30’ of the mob. EXCUSE ME?! 30’ is inside the hitbox of many raid mobs and getting off a Fade when the mob is that close is absolutely the most ignorant expectation DBG has ever forced on the players. From the healers perspective, healing efficiency is drastically affected. Healers either reduce outgoing heals to control aggro, which causes the tanks to die, or they heal as needed but get aggro themselves and die - because Fade doesn’t work. The only classes who are not complaining about this nerf are the FD classes who remain unaffected by the Fade Nerf. Where is the consistency DBG? Is this your idea of “game balance”?

Problem #3: The NPC Relocation Nerf

In this update, various forms of NPC relocation were made ineffective on NPC’s over the level of 100, which means it doesn’t work on most raid mobs anymore. As a magician, I can’t speak for those who are affected by this particular nerf, but I can see how drastically it affects our raids. I’ll let the affected classes reply to this thread with their own opinion.

Problem #4: The Replenish Companion Nerf

In this update, the effect of Mend Companion (the newly renamed Replenish Companion pet heal) was reduced to heal only 80k hp’s. No longer a nearly complete heal on the pet, it now only heals about half my pet’s health. Unacceptable!

I will not pay to see my class rendered ineffective at raids. Nor will I pay to see my class doing less dps than what can currently be delivered by enchanters and clerics. Therefore, I have changed my accounts from “Annual Recurring” to “Monthly Recurring” as they were almost due to renew for another year. In this way, I don’t spend $120.00 per account on an annual sub that I may be cancelling soon, which is exactly what I will do if DBG does not completely reverse ALL the changes as described above.

Even if DBG does fully reverse the changes, I will NOT be pre-ordering the next expansion until I see fully detailed descriptions of the AA’s that will be coming with it. If the new AA’s do not keep the magician class proportionally competitive with the rest of the dps classes (crit rate, crit strength, mana regen, pet damage mitigation, etc), then I won’t be buying the expansion until such time as the proper AA's are made available. Each expansion is harder than the one before it, and the long-standing recipe has been to give players room to grow to meet the challenge that new expansions bring. If we’re not going to be given room to grow, then it’s time to move on.

In closing, I would like to encourage all other players who feel as I do to reply to this thread with their demands that DBG reverse the changes they have forced on the players. No player asked for these changes, and no player should have to put up with them. To end on a positive note, the permanent self-buff clickies were good. They even work properly!
    Hiladdar, Moldar and Motherlee like this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I demand that DBG keep the changes. Does that help?
    DruidCT, Westo and Ricedogg like this.
  3. Leex Pewpewer

The only thing I can get on board with is the reversal of changes made to rains.
  4. Sancus Augur

There are already a bunch of threads about the fade/fling changes, but I will say that IMO I could not find a particularly compelling positive of the changes (I do not think they fulfilled their stated goal).

Rains I definitely agree with, though I think the OP is a bit of an exaggeration of the Mage class's DPS (or lack thereof).

As far as Replenish Companion, it doesn't appear to have been nerfed, and it definitely never restored the pet's health completely.
  5. Laronk Augur

If you're being out dps'd by clerics you're doing something very wrong.
    DruidCT and Sancus like this.
  6. segap Augur

Could you please post in a large enough font for people to read? All I see is blah, blah, blah because I cannot bother to read so much tiny text.
  7. Endless Augur

Too small text, didn't read.
  8. Kobrah Augur

DBG don't change a thing.
    DruidCT and Ricedogg like this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And people still wonder why it was changed?
    Crystilla, Whulfgar and DruidCT like this.
  10. Motherlee Augur

On behalf of a magician/monk guildie who just tried to play today, he said he will not order the new expansion or pay for his account with the way things are currently.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

I demand a reversal of the nerf to your font. Good lord.
    Fanra, lockjaws, Kiillz and 8 others like this.
  12. Thraine Augur

1st off, use a font that humans eyes can register, secondly you seem to be a bit late on these issues, this happened like over a month ago. and as Laronk said, if your getting out dps'd by clerics and enchanters your missing something cause heres what our mages do ...

Praetor Vitio on 9/28/2015 in 99sec

Ammeren
    --- DMG: 20780579 @ 209905 sdps (228358 dps in 91s) [4.65%]
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Not saying I agree with the OP but the post above is a burst fight. 228k in 91 seconds is not impressive considering what other classes are capable of even after some recent changes.
  14. Thraine Augur

burst fight or a 3 hour fight .. ammeren wont let no stinky cleric out dps him i can promise you that
  15. Whulfgar Augur

The very LEAST .. they could do is fix the "oops" they did to warriors oh.. yeah !
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Is that writing, or ants on my screen?
    Elricvonclief and Whulfgar like this.
  17. NoRedeem New Member

18. Moldar Augur

I can agree with the reversal of "fading memory" type of abilities. I too have noticed that during events when i need to drop my aggro or risk taking threat from a tank i find myself unable to do so reliably anymore.

I would hope Day Break Gaming would at least make sure these abilities reset aggro back down to 1 point IF NOT altogether as they previously did.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

Pulling being a thing again in the 2 revamped zones coming out is more important than any other concerns you might have in the 21 expansions prior. You're in their world!

They repeatedly show that they can't learn from their own mistakes. Taking away things to force people into their vision or flavor of the month is what ruined this game. We didn't need to all be forced into current content regardless of circumstances. We didn't need gear resets and spell focus decay. We don't need constant nerfs of player power to just give it back again later as if nothing happened. We didn't need the watering down of EQ.
    Motherlee likes this.
  20. Duhbeast Augur

Whulfgar and lagkills like this.