Game randomly boots me from group while zoning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Mukkul Augur

At random times when a random group member is zoning or logging in from char select, the game will knock him out of the group, but leave his merc in the group, thus bugging the group. To un-bug the group, every member must disband and then re-form a new group. Why does it kick people out of the party randomly during zone loads? And if it does happen, it shouldn't be semi-disconnecting the merc from its owner.

I play 3 characters on one PC, each with a merc. In the example screenshots below of my 3 group windows, Mukkul was booted from group while zoning. While his merc Heillira stayed in the main group, but turned white as if it was a player when it took over Mukkul's group slot.

Normal group before Mukkul zoned:
    [IMG]

Bugged group after Mukkul zoned:
    [IMG]
    Yinla and Nniki like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had this happen to me, sometimes you can still see group chat, but they don't see yours, sometimes zoning will put you back in the group.

Very weird bug, I've yet to be able to reproduce. It doesn't happen often.
    Mukkul likes this.
  3. Diptera Augur

Don't know if it's related, but I've had the reverse - when zoning, a merc gets randomly booted from the group - the group slot becomes vacant, despite the merc window 'believing' that the merc is still out.

When this happens, if the merc owner swaps to a different merc and back again, it seems to resolve itself.