game population

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Celerion Almari, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Celerion Almari New Member

is the game still highly populated and active. or is it more on the dead side? (not just progression servers) seems more people play the progression than live servers.. dont know why they release expacs still O.O ... am I wrong? I just really wanna play but I hope its not dead
  2. Zarakii Augur

becoming less and less
  3. Celerion Almari New Member

for real? :( I wanted to start playing.. im new. and I thought progression servers would bring a lot of people in/back
  4. Zarakii Augur

populations still going strong i was just in a bad mood earlier before my bowl the game is 16 years old so i wanted to be realistic but there are still a lot to play with
    Celerion Almari likes this.
  5. Celerion Almari New Member

awesome :) ! well ill try, what server do you recommend? and also Minato is awesome. I love your character things. So bad @$$ ..
  6. Zarakii Augur

haha thanks. if you aren't wanting to do time locked progression all the servers besides firiona vie and zek are normal servers zek is pvp based and my server firiona vie is or rather was roleplay preferred but that isnt so much the case these days. A lot of people come to my server because most things can be traded such as raid gear so those that dont have the time to raid can still fair pretty well but a lot like myself came here years ago in that predicament but over time found more time to raid and dont use the baz to achieve our goals so its a fairly nice server for anything you really want from the game but maybe im just bias because i have been here for 5 years now =P. my old server bertox (saryrn merged into it) was a good place also but im not 100% these days besides those servers i cant really say but if you do decide to come over to firiona vie shoot me a tell on murugan my new warrior or Minato using :tell since there is no common language here doing that removes the language barrier but the common language we use is elvish =)
    Celerion Almari likes this.
  7. Celerion Almari New Member

awesome! I'll check firiona vie out x) thankss
  8. Lingum Elder

It depends on the server. I've bounced servers and classes since SOD just to stay halfway interested. Druzzil to FV to Druzzil again to Test and now I'm touring the TLP servers.

Presently, I'm on Vulak, which is essentially my private server that goes up to SOD. I'm generally the only person on the server at any one time. The most I have ever seen on at once was 7, and I know three of those were boxed. That's at the extreme low end of things and I don't anticipate that lasting much longer.

Right now, I suspect that the population of Druzzil is probably less than 1000. In fact, I'd be surprised if it were half that at prime time.
  9. sifonin Augur

Heya welcome! I came back maybe a bit over a year ago and I think under the right conditions, returning players can do very well. I play on the luclin server and our raid force always fields a full roster. The group game can be had at the higher levels and there are people out there willing to help you catch up such as myself.
  10. Borek-VS Augur

Currently, the two new TLP servers are busy, and ar very high population.

For the normal servers, Vox and Trakanon are both low population, and the special servers Zek, Test, Vulak and Fippy are also low population. All other normal servers usually have a high population, but heavily skewed towards the high levels, so are low at low levels, which shouldn't be a great surprise.

A lot of players from the normal servers are playing on Ragefire and Lockjaw, waiting for the new expansion to be released; many will switch back to live when that happens, but it's impossible to predict how far that may shift the balance of populations.

However you look at it, Everquest certainly isn't dead.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Geroblue like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Check the main Everquest page on the right hand side DURING your regular play times. It will show the relative server populations for around that time period and pick a higher pop regular server. The regular servers have decent populaitons at least xegon does I can attest to that and other servers seem to have similar population levels. I wouldnt complain about some server merges but we get by without them still.
  12. frankie78227 Augur

Trakanon is extremely low now, unless you count the M-Q-2 bot armies running around.
  13. Numiko Augur

If you go to the Guild recruitment section of these boards there is a sticky with a listing of servers with guilds that are welcoming to new and returning players and other things as well..

may be a good place to start on a search for a new home.
  14. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Id vote for a Zek / FV Merge, I like PVP, but I love FV more. to have both would be epic imo.