Game On to interview Linda "Brasse" Carlson about SOE's F2P Model! (Jan 28th at 9pm EST)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nocturnus, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Nocturnus Elder

Game On will be having Linda “Brasse” Carlson on the show LIVEto discuss SOE’s current Free to Play Model: How well it’s doing, common criticisms and inconsistencies and how SOE intends to address them, and the plans that the company has for its future.We will also be asking as many guest questions from our IRC Channel as is possible!

Tune in to Online Gaming Radio on Monday, January 28that 9pm Eastern Time (8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific) to hear the show live and connect to the IRC Channel!
    You can also post questions here, and i'll try to compile as many of the good ones as I can as listener questions should we have time. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that I will ask your question, but i'll get as many as I can. :)
  2. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

Free 2 play model :

by what percentage/amount, has your revenue gone up or down when you have introduced F2P for everquest 1 and everquest 2?

How much did people buy for on the marketplace before and after the free 2 play model? (not counting race unlocks and other f2p market stuff)

how many unique players were active on both games, before and after the f2p model?

numbers of "gold" players, before and after f2p

what was the number of unique new players coming in per month/year before and after f2p model?
  3. FcsevenXIII Augur

I'm confused. Are you asking us to leave a question in this thread or copy/pasting from that website?
  4. Nolrog Augur

Heh. They won't come remotely close to giving any specifics like that. Subscription numbers haven't been released in many years.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I'm guessing that he's advertisting that it will take place so people who are interested can tune in.
  6. Nocturnus Elder

You can ask questions here, and i'll compile the ones that I think I can ask for the show if there's time. :)
  7. Gual New Member

Q: Will the free to play and silver members ever be allowed to purchase with station cash the ability to set up a merchant in the bazaar?
  8. Nocturnus Elder

This is tonight! I have the questions asked here jotted down. :)
  9. Uxtalzon Augur

For those of us who play quite a lot, will there be any thought about an automated merchant for the most loyal *while* we play? 'Cause as it is now, I'd have to buy RoF for a second account just to take advantage of it.

Will there ever be a F2P tutorial/original/flagship server or something? Meaning it'll be a regular server (my idea would be limited to Luclin release) so players can relive how it once was and also use it as a "recommended" server for brand new players coming into EQ. Ways back before F2P, the only "free" part of EQ was the tutorial with old models and nothing more.

(Just a funny Q) what's up with that skeleton merchant in Innothule Swamp who claims he's a captain of a ship? (and yes, there is such an NPC)
  10. Nocturnus Elder

We're on in 10 minutes!
  11. Obiziana Augur

Any chance you have a transcript of the chat?
  12. Nocturnus Elder

We will have a download version hopefully by Wednesday. I will post a link here when we get it uploaded. :)
  13. Shang Augur

She did a good job with the interview, I think.
  14. Nocturnus Elder

Yup! Even with some of the criticisms and game-specific questions, she did a pretty good job fielding them and answering them honestly.

She made some good points.

Also made some news about Legends of Norrath and its tie to EverQuest, as well as some tidbits about Fan Faire and very minor things about EQNext. :)
  15. Doogie Lorekeeper

Was a very good show!
  16. Imrahil Augur

Gogo download, waiting for you! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Nocturnus Elder

Okay! So... Update!

We got the thing uploaded, but... then OGR's website broke. That means that while we have it on the server, we can't get a link to post, and we can't see it.

Fixing it has proven to be a pain in the rear, so instead of fixing it... OGR intends to finish the revamp to the website that they had been working on for a while now.

In the meantime, we are looking for a place to put the download copy of the show so you guys can listen. Sorry for the delay! We're working on it. As soon as we find someplace that will support the file size and bandwith of all the downloads, as well as be safe for all our listeners to download from, we'll let you know.

Once again, I apologize! It's coming!
  18. Talif Augur

Google Docs? They support up to 5GB files...
  19. Obiziana Augur

How about someone typing up a transcript of it and posting it? That'd save everyone the time of listening to it, save a ton of download bandwidth and make it more accessible for those that don't have a set of headphones handy!
    Sinestra likes this.
  20. Nocturnus Elder

Last I checked, it was because it took a looooong time, especially for a 2 hour show with a lot of dialogue/questions.

I'll ask Trueflight if he does this already.

If he doesn't, i'll check on Google Docs/Dropbox.

... unless you're volunteering? Hehe. :)