Game minimizing issue.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rauven, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Rauven Augur

Using a 2560 x 1440 resolution display in fullscreen, there is an issue where when first entering the game, clicking on the edges of the game away from the center (empty space, on npcs, on UI elements, hotbars, etc.) the game will minimize.

This will happen another two times without fail when you tab back into the game. After which it will not do so again unless you close out the game and come back.

The current workaround is to enter the game, cause the bug to happen three times and then start playing normally everytime you login.

Edit: Another workaround is to turn off Advanced Lighting in options. Doing this made the issue disappear.
    Yaell, Hegsheoshed, Horse and 2 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wonder if its your windows taskbar? It's probably active even though you can't see it. Cause it sounds like your clicking thru

See if you can fix the issue by logging in and at character select OR while actually playing, switch to windows mode, then back to full screen again. This seems to put the game above the invisible windows task bar and after that you dont click through (which will minimize EQ to the task bar if you did that).
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I use windowed mode to avoid this, it's something that windows does rather than EQ being at fault but I could never figure out another way to avoid it happening.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Rauven Augur

This is happening whether I window the game or not, even cycling it. And I thought it had something to do with the task bar, but it happens on the left, right, and top sides of the game.

If there is any invisible windows, they are generated by EQ itself. Which is why they consistently stop after three times and do not return unless the game is relaunched. And if EQ is generating them, it simply needs to be patched to stop doing so.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like a conflict for sure. And after 3 times it allows it to work normally, like a firewall or anti virus or other programs keeps asking if you want to allow this program to come thru or whatever.

Check what programs are running when it happens or check your error messages in the computer and see if any other conflicts.
  6. Rauven Augur

No errors and this doesn't happen on lower resolutions. Which is the only thing that's changed since the last time I played.
  7. Rauven Augur

Edited the original post with new information. Turning off Advanced Lighting makes the issue disappear. Game no longer minimizes when you click near the edges of the screen upon logging in.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This makes me wonder if turning off "full screen optimisations" would allow you to use Advanced Lighting without this bug.

Right Mouse button Click the EQ Icon, select Properties then compatibility then put a check in the box for "disable full screen optimizations" hit apply then run as administrator the first time you log in.
  9. Troutfest Augur

This happens to me on 2 machines. One is a laptop, playing full screen eq and it only requires one click on the lower portion of the screen for it to minimize, then I click my eq icon and im back in game and can click away. Other is a desktop, playing full screen with 2 monitors. It usually takes 2 or 3 clicks to make it stop minimizing on lower part of screen. I checked my advanced lighting and it is not selected.

You can see it being ready to happen if you move mouse cursor to lower part of screen, the start shows through faintly and the mouse pointer won't be a mouse pointer. After you make it minimize the game works normally. I've just been dealing with it by making it minimize a few times until it stops then playing.

Laptop is using intel hd 520 drivers, Desktop using Nvidia drivers.
    DebonAir likes this.
  10. Horse Journeyman

This also started happening to me couple months ago. Very annoying.
    Is there a work-around? Or a fix available?
  11. Trebla7th Augur

I thought this was just something wrong with my installation. Glad to hear I'm not crazy. My workaround has been to toggle out of full screen and back in (alt-enter twice)... if I do that, the issue goes away.

Honestly had just resigned to living with it and toggling in and out of windowed mode each time I played.
  12. Hegsheoshed Augur

This is the exact same issue I have. Click on the screen in the middle and it drops to desktop. Do it 3 times and it's ok. Sometimes I can shove the mouse off to the side and some mysterious button press on the mouse will do it sometimes too. It also seems like my other box has the same mouse issue with strange mouse activity dropping it to desktop also. Only with the Logitech mice and not the MS mouse.
  13. Sareb New Member

I have this issue also. It only happens when clicking along the bottom of the screen which is where my chat bars are located in game and also where my windows taskbar is located (behind the game). When I click in a chat bar along the bottom Windows thinks I'm trying to click something on the taskbar, so EQ minimizes.

I'm wondering if there is a taskbar setting that could fix this. What is most odd is that it seems to only happen about 3x and then stops, just like others have described. Guess the workaround is to make it happen a few times to get it over with.
  14. Sareb New Member

I have this issue also. It only happens when clicking along the bottom of the screen which is where my chat bars are located in game and also where my windows taskbar is located (behind the game). When I click in a chat bar along the bottom Windows thinks I'm trying to click something on the taskbar, so EQ minimizes.

I'm wondering if there is a taskbar setting that could fix this. What is most odd is that it seems to only happen about 3x and then stops, just like others have described. Guess the workaround is to make it happen a few times to get it over with.